TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - Completed

Virgil

With the 5th pick of the 2024 NFL entry draft the LA Chargers are proud to select Malik Nabers, WR, LSU. 

@BuffaloBillyG is now on the clock. 

The Chargers were hoping to move back and pick up some draft capital, but the phones weren’t ringing. Although we had our eye on some of 1st round tackles, we couldn’t pass up the explosive playmaker from LSU. We envision Nabers and Herbert being a dynamic duo for years to come. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Cardinals (Alphadawg7) are on the clock
1 minute ago, TOboy said:

With the 5th pick of the 2024 NFL entry draft the LA Chargers are proud to select Malik Nabers, WR, LSU. 

The Chargers were hoping to move back and pick up some draft capital, but the phones weren’t ringing. Although we had our eye on some of 1st round tackles, we couldn’t pass up the explosive playmaker from LSU. We envision Nabers and Herbert being a dynamic duo for years to come. 

I feel for you man.  That's a tough spot to be in.  I feel like the Chargers very much want to trade back and shore up their offensive line.  But if no one calls, and there isn't an Oline of value there, then you do what you have to do.  Maybe all of Harbaugh's "we are going to be a running team" is a smoke screen, but I doubt it.   No one can argue that they don't need a receiver.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, TOboy said:

There had been a trade. @Alphadawg7and the Arizona Cardinals are on the clock. Will be pick? Does he have another trade in the "Cards"? Stay tuned...

Just now, BuffaloBillyG said:

There had been a trade. @Alphadawg7and the Arizona Cardinals are on the clock. Will be pick? Does he have another trade in the "Cards"? Stay tuned...

Glad you mentioned this, and I forgot to say this earlier....

I would prefer to have picks only be traded once.  If there's a special scenario where a second trade makes sense, I'll listen to it.  But I don't want this to turn into a draft simulator where people just acquire a crazy amount of picks for the fun of it

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Logic said:

I happen to think Nabers is the superior prospect, and I happen to believe that multiple NFL teams feel that way, too. It's been reported that teams across the league all rank the top three very differently, and MHJ is NOT the consensus WR1 that fans and draftniks think he is.

I think there's a realistic shot that Nabers comes off the board first.

I also think that, of the top three, Nabers is the guy the Bills like best. He ticks all the boxes Brandon Beane has recently mentioned as far as what he looks for in a wide receiver.

I don't know how feasible it is in real life, but Nabers to the Bills is the absolute best match and the best case scenario for their WR corps, IMO.

I have heard this going around about Nabers possibly being the first WR off of the board as well. I would do a backflip in my living room if Nabers is on the board and Goodell walks to the podium, "We have a trade... yada, yada, yada, the Buffalo Bills are on the clock."

m%C3%A1quina-produtiva084.gif

Edited by H2o
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

11 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Glad you mentioned this, and I forgot to say this earlier....

I would prefer to have picks only be traded once.  If there's a special scenario where a second trade makes sense, I'll listen to it.  But I don't want this to turn into a draft simulator where people just acquire a crazy amount of picks for the fun of it

No trade here...Im just weighing options right now and kind of playing some draft scenarios out to see what direction I want to go here.  I will be keeping this pick, would have only moved it if Vikings wanted it, and I already know Kirby has no interest in McCarthy even at 11 let alone on a move up HA.

So pick will be in shortly...

20 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I feel for you man.  That's a tough spot to be in.  I feel like the Chargers very much want to trade back and shore up their offensive line.  But if no one calls, and there isn't an Oline of value there, then you do what you have to do.  Maybe all of Harbaugh's "we are going to be a running team" is a smoke screen, but I doubt it.   No one can argue that they don't need a receiver.

While I understand what you are saying, I wouldn't call a chance to draft Nabers a "tough spot to be in" :)

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

No trade here...Im just weighing options right now and kind of playing some draft scenarios out to see what direction I want to go here.  I will be keeping this pick, would have only moved it if Vikings wanted it, and I already know Kirby has no interest in McCarthy even at 11 let alone on a move up HA.

So pick will be in shortly...

Somewhat surprised that the Saints or Raiders weren't in on this pick. Of course now knowing McCarthy may slip past 11 makes it less urgent to slide up...lol

With the 6th pick in the 2024 NFL Draft, the Arizona Cardinals select:  Rome Odunze, WR, Washington

CLICK HERE FOR HIGHLIGHTS

As a GM I have developed a crush on Odunze who is a total package WR and has the best ball skills in the draft.  The last time we saw a WR this complete come out, we were lucky enough to draft him in Larry Fitzgerald, and Odunze brings that and more speed.  We knew trading back to 6 would guarantee us one of the big 3 at WR, and we are more than thrilled to be adding him to our roster while also picking up additional picks in the 3rd and 4th rounds of this draft to help build the team up around our QB Murray and our new top weapon in Odunze.  

Other players we considered here were Dallas Turner, EDGE and Joe Alt, OT but ultimately we just couldn't pass on the elite traits Odunze brings to our team.  

@qwksilver and the Tennessee Titans are now on the clock.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Somewhat surprised that the Saints or Raiders weren't in on this pick. Of course now knowing McCarthy may slip past 11 makes it less urgent to slide up...lol

Raiders were only luke warm interested, they find Uncle Rico fun and they think Aidan has some potential.  What they would be willing to give up didn't match what we would have liked to have seen in order to not take someone as talented as Odunze in this spot.  We had no contact with the Saints, and when they didn't respond to our bat signal of hitting us on the beeper with the code:  80085, we knew they weren't gonna bite because no one in NO passes up seeing or showing their 80085.  

Now Rome is being built in the desert in AZ!

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Raiders were only luke warm interested, they find Uncle Rico fun and they think Aidan has some potential.  What they would be willing to give up didn't match what we would have liked to have seen in order to not take someone as talented as Odunze in this spot.  We had no contact with the Saints, and when they didn't respond to our bat signal of hitting us on the beeper with the code:  80085, we knew they weren't gonna bite because no one in NO passes up seeing or showing their 80085.  

Now Rome is being built in the desert in AZ!

Yeah fully agree. Anytime you get a chance to send a feeler to 80085, you gotta take it.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

With the 4th pick of the NFL Draft, the New York Giants select: MARVIN HARRISON JR, WR, OHIO ST.

Not a QB? 

Nope. Here's the thing. We need playmakers. We let Saquon walk. We have a few role players at WR. And we have an aging TE that isn't even sure if he's playing next year. This offense isn't a QB away. Our best playmaker was Motor Singletary. 

We liked all of the "Big 3 WRs" on the board but would much rather give up a little extra to dictate who we take rather than have the choice made for us. Our jobs are on the line.

Enter Harrison. Yes, he chose to not workout at the Combine or his Pro Day. But he's been working on being "season ready" in place of the underwear games of an NFL recruits off season. Coming from remarkable NFL WR bloodlines, this explosive WR is ready to hit the ground running (and catching) on Day 1. 

@TOboyand the Los Angeles Chargers are on the clock.

Curious...lets say I don't swap 4th and 6th picks with you...and I instead take MHJ at 4 just like you did.  So that means Chargers still go Nabers as the board is still the same for them.  

What would you have done at 6 in that case?  Would you have taken Odunze at 6...McCarthy...or another position all together?

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Curious...lets say I don't swap 4th and 6th picks with you...and I instead take MHJ at 4 just like you did.  So that means Chargers still go Nabers as the board is still the same for them.  

What would you have done at 6 in that case?  Would you have taken Odunze at 6...McCarthy...or another position all together?

Rome would have been the pick there in that situation if a trade back couldn't happen. Most likely would have seen me with Rome and then try and trade up into the backend of 1st or high in round 2 if Penix was there to combine the 2.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Rome would have been the pick there in that situation if a trade back couldn't happen. Most likely would have seen me with Rome and then try and trade up into the backend of 1st or high in round 2 if Penix was there to combine the 2.

So no matter what, this draft was going QB picks 1-3 then MHJ, Nabers, Odunze for picks 4-6.  Interesting

• Like (+1) 1

Color me surprised and at least a little bit disappointed that there was no discussion of the Bills trading up to 5, 6, or 7 for one of those guys.

Not sure if that would've come in the form of a poll, a private message inquiry to those picks' owners, or what, but...it seems at least a reasonable enough possibility in real life to discuss the possibility within the context of this mock, no?

Bummer.

Edited by Logic

5 minutes ago, Logic said:

Color me surprised and at least a little bit disappointed that there was no discussion of the Bills trading up to 5, 6, or 7 for one of those guys.

Not sure if that would've come in the form of a poll, a private message inquiry to those picks' owners, or what, but...it seems at least a reasonable enough possibility in real life to discuss the possibility within the context of this mock, no?

Bummer.

No one wants to move back that far, especially in a mock like this one.  It’s not at all realistic to think the Bills could move into the top seven. It won’t happen in real life, either.

• Agree 3

5 minutes ago, mannc said:

No one wants to move back that far, especially in a mock like this one.  It’s not at all realistic to think the Bills could move into the top seven. It won’t happen in real life, either.

I can understand and agree with the first sentence.

I do not necessarily agree with the second sentence. Unlikely? Yes. Completely out of the realm of possibility? No.

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Logic said:

Bummer.

If any of them fell to 10, the Bills would have been interested.  Based on multiple thread and article reviews, the ammo to move up higher than 9 was too much for the Bills.  The Bills did reach out about the 9 pick and were rejected.  We def don't have the ammo to get up to 6

Edited by Virgil
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Titans (qwksilver) are on the clock
2 minutes ago, Virgil said:

If any of them fell to 10, the Bills would have been interested.  Based on multiple thread and article reviews, the ammo to move up higher than 9 was too much for the Bills.  The Bills did reach out about the 9 pick and were rejected.  We def don't have the ammo to get up to 6

Fair enough. Thanks Virg.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Logic said:

Fair enough. Thanks Virg.

While there is debate over what future picks are worth, my math shows that, to get to 6, the Bills would have needed to trade:

2024 - Picks 1, 2, 4, and 4

2025 - Pick 1, 2, and 2

I just don't see that happening in any scenario and I haven't seen anyone in polls or messages that would have been okay with that.  

Now, at number 9, where the value is 300 less, maybe.....

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This choice appears to be chalk.

With the 7th pick, the Tennessee Titans select Joe Alt, OT Notre Dame. @Might Ratheris on the clock with the Atlanta Falcons.

A small trade down would have been nice to recoup our missing 3rd round pick. Had one of the top 3 WRs been available a tough decision would have to be made as WR is a sneaky need. In this scenario, this pick is quite easy. OT is our biggest need as we have a young QB and protecting him is a huge necessity. Alt will be a plug and play OT for a decade.

It should be noted that another weapon like Bowers would also be an attractive choice for our young QB, but TE is not a big need.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Virgil said:

While there is debate over what future picks are worth, my math shows that, to get to 6, the Bills would have needed to trade:

2025 - Pick 1, 2, and 2

I just don't see that happening in any scenario and I haven't seen anyone in polls or messages that would have been okay with that.  

That is some Ricky Williams trade grossness ha.  I would buy a billboard to fire Beane if he traded that much for a WR...I would be furious if he traded that much to get a QB even unless it was like the greatest QB prospect the world has ever seen.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Falcons (Might Rather) are on the clock

With the 8th pick the Atlanta Falcons select Dallas Turner, Edge, Alabama @mannc and the Chicago Bears are on the clock 

Defense is a huge need for us and we are getting a player who is long and athletic with the explosive traits needed to become an impactful NFL pass rusher. Turner’s first-step quickness and elite closing burst are top notch. We had a trade down offer but couldn't pass up the opportunity to take what we think is the best defensive player in the draft.  

• Like (+1) 2

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Bears (mannc) are on the clock
58 minutes ago, Virgil said:

2025 - Pick 1, 2, and 2

Doesn't matter who the WR is, what his production ends up being or how long he's in Buffalo. They aren't living up to the hype of that trade IMO. 

• Like (+1) 2

Trade Alert!!

Denver 12th overall (1200 + 2025 2nd (210) (1410 total)

for

Chicago 9th overall (1350)

With the 9th overall pick, the Denver Broncos select JJ McCarthy, QB, Michigan! @Big Blitz and the NJ Jets are on the clock.

Denver has done extensive work with Penix and Nix, however McCarthy falling was not anticipated! The Broncos trade up to avoid losing their #1 QB. JJ is the ideal fit in a Payton offense and hopes to rebuild the franchise into a contender!

Edited by JJGauna
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Doesn't matter who the WR is, what his production ends up being or how long he's in Buffalo. They aren't living up to the hype of that trade IMO. 

That's a good research question!

What biggest draft pick trade move that happened all time? For who? We're the picks given up worth the players career production for that team? 

Would be a good thread to start. 

3 minutes ago, JJGauna said:

Trade Alert!!

Denver 12th overall (1200 + 2025 2nd (210) (1410 total)

for

Chicago 9th overall (1350)

With the 9th overall pick, the Denver Broncos select JJ McCarthy, QB, Michigan! @Big Blitz and the NJ Jets are on the clock.

Denver has done extensive work with Penix and Nix, however McCarthy falling was not anticipated! The Broncos trade up to avoid losing their #1 QB. JJ is the ideal fit in a Payton offense and hopes to rebuild the franchise into a contender!

Lol, you could have sat at 12 and picked McCarthy. The Vikings aren’t interested. He sucks. 😂😂

2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Lol, you could have sat at 12 and picked McCarthy. The Vikings aren’t interested. He sucks. 😂😂

Figured but you never know, in this mock Denver wants him so they avoid any risk of a trade up. Originally wanted to trade down but wasn’t looking good.

Edited by JJGauna
  • Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, PonyBoy said:

That's a good research question!

What biggest draft pick trade move that happened all time? For who? We're the picks given up worth the players career production for that team? 

Would be a good thread to start. 

Ricky Williams.

Relevant because back in those eras a RB was equal to the importance of the WR position these days IMO. 

Had a very solid career. Was absolutely not worth an entire draft worth of picks. 

With the 10th pick in the draft the New York Jets select…..Brock Bowers, TE Georgia 

The safe pick here is OT.  But for as deep as this draft is at WR, it’s also deep at OT.  We will address that in RD 3 or possibly trade up into RD 2 to still get a good one.   

We finally get Aaron Rodgers a TE that could potentially be generational.  That can do it all especially run block - which we’ll be doing a lot with Breece.  With Wilson, Mike Williams, Bowers, and Hall we have an offense that’s going to be a pain to defend.  And we’ll only need to score 20 points a game bc our defense is still elite.  O lineman will be picked the rest of the draft.   

The Minnesota Vikings and @Kirby Jackson are on the clock.  

• Like (+1) 1

With the 11th overall pick, the Minnesota Vikings select Jared Verse, Edge, Florida State. @mannc and the Chicago Bears are on the clock.

The Vikings tried to get into the top 3 to secure their QB of the future. When it became apparent that would be difficult they shifted their focus to 1 of the next 2 most important positions in football. With Hunter heading to Houston, the Vikings reload with Verse on a rookie deal. We saw the success that Houston had with a rookie pass rusher in 2023 and we took our version. He has great burst and can get after the QB. It was value meets need at an impactful (and expensive position).

• Like (+1) 2

With the 12th pick in the 2024 NFL Draft, the Chicago Bears select Brian Thomas, Jr., WR, LSU.

We are excited to be able to add Thomas, Jr after trading back and adding a second round pick next year from a Denver team that probably won’t win many games in 2024.  Thomas is the most explosive receiver in this stacked WR class…6’3” guys with insane athletic ability, 4.3 speed and great college production don’t come around too often.  We thought about going OT here, but the chance to add a guy like Thomas—and pair him with his college QB—was too good to pass up.  We don’t have a second round pick, and we were concerned that we would lose out on a top WR if we waited.

@CNYfan and the LV Raiders are on the clock.

• Like (+1) 2

This draft outcome so far already feels like a bad start for the Bills.

Top four WRs gone, and BTJ earlier than expected, which could have a ripple effect.

I hate it lol.

(Mind you, I'm not criticizing anyone's picks specifically or the lack of the Bills trading up, per se, I'm just saying that if this is really how the draft played out -- with the teams at 9 and 11 both willing to trade down and the Bills doing neither and missing out on the best four receivers -- I'd be kinda bummed).

• Agree 1