And we're on to.. Aiyuk?

JMM

Poking around the web, it seems like 49ers fans think they are going to get a first and a good roster player for Aiyuk. I really doubt it. They chose to pay Deebo, so Aiyuk is on his way out one way or another eventually which weakens their negotiating position.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, DapperCam said:

Poking around the web, it seems like 49ers fans think they are going to get a first and a good roster player for Aiyuk. I really doubt it. They chose to pay Deebo, so Aiyuk is on his way out one way or another eventually which weakens their negotiating position.

60 and a 2025 2nd would be my final offer. If they don't accept, oh well!  We will gladly draft our own young WR's 

2 hours ago, TonyBeets said:

We need a 1, not a 2.  Slim pickings I know, I'd rather take our chances drafting one.

I highly doubt that anyone they may get isn't coming with a day 1 or 2 WR as well.

We need a 1, not a 2.  Slim pickings I know, I'd rather take our chances drafting one.

He is a #1. Watch more Niners he’s a stud

But it doesn’t matter we aren’t trading for a young WR that needs a monster contract with our cap situation 

34 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

They can't trade for him. Because they can't absorb the 5th year option cap hit and they can't restructure him before he is on the roster. And they can't get him on the roster and stay under the cap.

Interesting...can you explain further?  I thought Aiyuk would be relatively cheap this year and would not become expensive until next year when Diggs and Miller come off of our cap... 

Aiyuk is #1. 

With Josh as his QB, I guarantee a 1300+ yard season out of him, barring injury.  

Aiyuk is a solid player but no thanks to the projected $27-30m a year.

His own words is he wants to be top 5 of APY after the Mike Evans contract. 

That contract is $26m APY…

Not to compare to the Chiefs but they did just fine after getting rid of a guy who was asking $25m+ APY…

Keep the first round draft picks to help the whole team. Then get a guy that still gives some financial flexibility and can grow with Josh. 

9ers don’t want to move on is the word on the street, can pay him while Purdy is on his peanuts. Probably entails at least a 1st and a 2nd for them to move him. Then the contract to boot. 

Pass for me. 2¢

Edited by BBFL
  • Thank you (+1) 1

WR salaries are getting silly.

I don't see us trading for another big contract.  Trade up in the draft & get Odunze or Nabers, and get a #1 on a rookie salary for a few years.

• Agree 1

This is the greatest WR draft ever!  Hold on to our picks, double dip, drafting 2 WR, set up Josh with 2 great WR the next decade, and pay rookie contracts, 4 years, instead if overpaying a 26 year old and giving away precious assets 

9 minutes ago, mannc said:

Interesting...can you explain further?  I thought Aiyuk would be relatively cheap this year and would not become expensive until next year when Diggs and Miller come off of our cap... 

He is on a 5th year option. It pays $14m this year. We have around $3m in space right now. We get another $10m due in June when Tre comes off the books but we need that money to pay our draft picks.

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

He is on a 5th year option. It pays $14m this year. We have around $3m in space right now. We get another $10m due in June when Tre comes off the books but we need that money to pay our draft picks.

So the Bills can't restructure? Pretty sure they can. Allen also has a boatload of, of unused restructure if the Bills wanted to do this. I'm against kicking money down the road but with Allen I dont really care. 

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Thanks.  It has been posted elsewhere that he would cost only $7 million this year...could we extend him and lower his cap hit this year?

6 minutes ago, Pete said:

This is the greatest WR draft ever!  Hold on to our picks, double dip, drafting 2 WR, set up Josh with 2 great WR the next decade, and pay rookie contracts, 4 years, instead if overpaying a 26 year old and giving away precious assets 

Assests aren't always proven commodities. Id rather have a proven commodity and attempt another asset at 28 instead of thinking a guy at 60 is gonna be a sure thing. For every Torrence there is two Cody Fords. 

2 minutes ago, mannc said:

Thanks.  It has been posted elsewhere that he would cost only $7 million this year...could we extend him and lower his cap hit this year?

Yes he is 14 million this year. Yes the Bills can restructure. Yes with Allen's further restructure they could fit him in while continuing to round out the roster. No the Bills won't be in cap hell with 45 million coming off the books in 2025 with Diggs gone and Von released post June 1st.

I'm all for keeping picks and hoping they hit. But I've done this dance with Beane and this regime already with Diggs. Stop screwing around and load up on offensive talent while the core rb/receiver talent is cost controlled. Get the damn proven # 1 outside receiver and add another high end talent at 28 instead of wishing Isiah Mckenzie or Gabe Davis becomes a stud. I'm done with this methodical approach. You've been gifted a ton of cap space. Do something with it while 8 of your 11 offensive players are cost controlled. Knox can be released in 2026 and there is more money. 

IM DONE WASTING ALLENS PRIME YEARS. That's all we did with Diggs. we surrounded him with subpar talent and it got us nowhere. You have a chance to load up the offensive roster. Freaking do it. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Could they restructure Allen's, Oliver's, and Milano's contracts to make it work?  The banana stand has a reputation to uphold.

I’d trade this year’s #2, #4, and a #6 for him. It’ll take more than just a 2nd rounder for SF to part ways…they just witnessed what Diggs traded for, and they know whoever trades for Aiyuk is doing a long-term deal and getting years of production out of him. 

Then I can package my #1 with whatever I need to from this year’s remaining picks or next year’s picks to move up a few spots (if needed) for another WR. That gives me two studs for the next few years after I extend Aiyuk (structure it so the cap hit starts next year). 

Whatever picks I have left this year give me depth, and next year I still have capital to get an Edge or whatever else becomes our top need. 

2 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Yes, but we’re not paying any of our skill position players top end of market right now. Shakir, Kincaid and Cook are cost controlled for at least another 2 years.  Knox took a paycut.  Yes, it would be great if we could draft a stud WR who’s immediately a #1WR but the odds are well below 50% where we are drafting.  And I’m not wasting a year of prime Josh on those odds.  Give me the 80-90% sure thing in Aiyuk.  

solid reasoning here i could be talked into (compensation dependant). still want us to take a WR in draft, basically high (top 3 rds) every year we have Josh

CAN ANYONE ANSWER:  

IF SF IS ON ROOKIE CONTRACT W/ PURDY, WHY ARE THEY UNWILLING TO PAY HIM?  I KNOW THEY PAY DEEBO, BUT AGAIN ROOKIE QB CONTRACT

It's certainly the riskier option, but, I think we need to go young.  I draft McConkey at #28 and move up from #60 to the low to mid 40's and double up by drafting Legette/Coleman/Polk or Franklin - whomever they prefer and whomever is left.  From their meetings, it really seems the Bills like McConkey and Legette.  Franklin too but he's model skinny.

26 minutes ago, HaldimandBills said:

So the Bills can't restructure? Pretty sure they can. Allen also has a boatload of, of unused restructure if the Bills wanted to do this. I'm against kicking money down the road but with Allen I dont really care. 

They have a bit more room to kick Allen's deal I think. But they have pulled almost every other lever they had to pull.