Diggs traded to Texans for picks

6 hours ago, Punch said:

This doesn't mean there weren't issues between them but I scrolled through Josh Allen's likes on Twitter and saw this from the Week 18 win in Miami. Whatever happened in the lockerroom after Week 1 probably wasn't notable to reporters at the time because by many accounts, they still seemed to be on the same page. Blowup happen even amongst friends and family.

Obviously, each individual moment doesn't tell the whole story, but I thought it was interesting to reflect on it nevertheless:

Watching the video now from a different perspective, you can see Allen go from relaxed to a tense position with his arm when Diggs walks over. 

48 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

Maybe.  But this is from a woman whose son-in-law is a coach who know Austin Proehl (who spent a few months in two stints with the Bills - not a few years as she asserts) who vaguely knows Brandon Beane who supposedly disclosed a confidential conversation to him, something Brandon does all the time.  

Not so sure.  Um, he's sick. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, papazoid said:

big year in leadership for josh......this is his team now

of the 8 captains in 2023....6 are gone...only josh & von remain

Loved what I saw from Bernard as a leader already. He’ll run the defense. I actually can’t wait to see who the new captains will be.

My guess

Allen

Dawkins

Knox

Bernard

Miller

Jones

Douglas

Hollins

4 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Loved what I saw from Bernard as a leader already. He’ll run the defense. I actually can’t wait to see who the new captains will be.

My guess

Allen

Dawkins

Knox

Bernard

Miller

Jones

Douglas

Hollins

JMO I know we have had them before, but 8 captains IMHO are too many  

Jones??

16 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

My guess

Allen

Dawkins

Knox

Bernard

Miller

Jones

Douglas

Hollins

Allen

Dawkins

Knox

Bernard

Douglas

Miller

Edwards (has 2 rings)

5 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

interesting whether true or false who knows

Austin Proehl's brother is one of the contestants on American Idol.  I think the real source is Simon Cowell.  

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

interesting whether true or false who knows

Beane randomly called up Austin Proehl to share deeply confidential information about Diggs and his trade? That is absurd. Beane wouldn't even tell current players on the team that story if it were true. He wouldn't tell anyone besides MAYBE Josh and a handful of front office people.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ToGoGo said:

Watching the video now from a different perspective, you can see Allen go from relaxed to a tense position with his arm when Diggs walks over. 

Diggs always knows where the camera is

• Agree 2

I loved what Diggs brought production wise for the first few years, but the trade speaks volumes to what the Bills are all about character wise in the locker room. And this was not a step back. I wasn't sure what to think at first, but am happy and trusting the process now. Can't wait to see what WR we draft.

I know it is total sacrilege to criticize Beane in any way but.......

What an unnecessary disaster of a contract extension that was.

Diggs was already under contract for 2 more seasons at only 14/per. It would have expired at the end of last season, the perfect time to say goodbye scott free just as his play and attitude took a nosedive off a cliff.

They could have waited a season for the extension to see how they felt about it then, there was no urgent need to do it.

Instead they paid him over $20 million more for the last 2 seasons than they would have. They guaranteed $70 million to an about to turn 30 immature malcontent, just when Allen was about to sign a huge 2nd contract. Now they are stuck with a $31 mil cap hit for nothing. Without the contract extension Diggs' cap hit this year would have been zero $0.

That would have been $31 million more to spend in pursuit of a Lombardi. That's a ***** big mistake.

It made no sense, was completely unnecessary, and turned out to be a complete disaster. You didn't need a crystal ball or ESP to see this as a possible result.  They also made no preparation or plan for this eventuality either.

This isn't just hindsight, I voiced my concern at the time. 

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, Turk71 said:

I know it is total sacrilege to criticize Beane in any way but.......

What an unnecessary disaster of a contract extension that was.

Diggs was already under contract for 2 more seasons at only 14/per. It would have expired at the end of last season, the perfect time to say goodbye scott free just as his play and attitude took a nosedive off a cliff.

They could have waited a season for the extension to see how they felt about it then, there was no urgent need to do it.

Instead they paid him over $20 million more for the last 2 seasons than they would have. They guaranteed $70 million to an about to turn 30 immature malcontent, just when Allen was about to sign a huge 2nd contract. Now they are stuck with a $31 mil cap hit for nothing. Without the contract extension Diggs' cap hit this year would have been zero $0.

That would have been $31 million more to spend in pursuit of a Lombardi. That's a ***** big mistake.

It made no sense, was completely unnecessary, and turned out to be a complete disaster. You didn't need a crystal ball or ESP to see this as a possible result.  They also made no preparation or plan for this eventuality either.

This isn't just hindsight, I voiced my concern at the time. 

if you take the CAP HIT that buffalo used on diggs for each of the 4 years we had him 2020-2023 (the first 3 years were low) AND added in the $31 mil dead cap we  have in 2024.

Diggs actual 4 year average with the bills was just under $20 mil......yep... thats a fair contract for both team and player for a 4x pro bowler.

had diggs continued with us for the next 4 years (2024-2027) it would have averaged $19 mil (or 8 years at $19.5 mil/yr)

i would not call that a disaster contract

2020- $14.8

2021-  $6.4

2022- $11.7

2023- $14.8

2024- $31.0

TOTAL - $78.7

4 yr AAV- $19.7

Edited by papazoid
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, bouds said:

Feel like the Cover1 guys brought up some good points, Allen has to step up, last couple of years he hasn’t done much in the off-season by his own admission. Time to step and lead the new guys, flat out all eyes on him now.  This wasn’t all on Diggs, he has his share of the blame, but maybe Allen’s getting a complacent and this is a way to get everyone in check.  

Move on from Diggs, he may have asked for a trade because Beane flat out would not deny it, which is strange.  Diggs gets a new start, Bills get some compensation, and Josh has to lead the new guys and focus on ball. 

McDermotts always talking about competition and challenging guys, and it’s clear that this will be a really challenging year for a lot of the Vets on this team. The old guard is gone, time for everyone to focus up, and get their heads right or they’re in for a rough season. 

Allen has to step up here? He should have been the league’s MVP last season. I don’t care if he sits on his ass and eats ice cream all day if he keeps playing at that level.

Edited by Beast
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Maddy Glab vindicated.  Basically all the hot mic caught was Maddy saying Diggs was difficult to work with.   

3 things cannot be hidden- the sun, the moon, and the truth

• Like (+1) 5