Kyle Allen to Steelers

5 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I figured he would come back as our Practice Squad QB. With Russell Wilson and Justin Fields in house - that's pretty much his ceiling in Pittsburgh anyways.

He might beat out those other two guys. 

• Haha (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

That is the weirdest QB room on the planet I have to give Mike Tomlin credit he literally has been picking up quarterbacks like he’s sniffing magic markers 

Good old Quarterback purgatory. That was a terribly lonely place to be. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Good.  Get rid of that enabler.

Curious....What do you mean by "enabler" in this context? 

Kyle Allen's fiancee Summer Juraszyk and Josh Allen's former girlfriend Britt were apparently close friends....

I had the thought when the Bills signed him, "AWKward... do the QB and girlfriends, still take the same limo to the Halloween party?"

Even if a good Polish name like Juraszyk does fit in fine with Buffalo

Edited by Beck Water
  • Haha (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

That is the weirdest QB room on the planet I have to give Mike Tomlin credit he literally has been picking up quarterbacks like he’s sniffing magic markers 

Now that is legitimately funny.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JaCrispy said:

Good…Only room for 1 Allen on this team- especially at QB…It just felt dirty seeing that name on another jersey…😉

We have had multiple players with same last name before.  I see why Bills brought in Kyle Allen but with offense troubles there was no time to develop Kyle Allen.

19 minutes ago, Punching Bag said:

We have had multiple players with same last name before.  I see why Bills brought in Kyle Allen but with offense troubles there was no time to develop Kyle Allen.

remember 2016-2017 when we had like 5 different Williamses?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

They intend to cycle through QB’s on a drive like McD does his D-line rotation 🤷🏼‍♂️? Would be funny to watch if nothing else. 

Well. It would be extremely hard to gameplan and practice for 

• Thank you (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Curious....What do you mean by "enabler" in this context? 

Kyle Allen's fiancee Summer Juraszyk and Josh Allen's former girlfriend Britt were apparently close friends....

I had the thought when the Bills signed him, "AWKward... do the QB and girlfriends, still take the same limo to the Halloween party?"

Even if a good Polish name like Juraszyk does fit in fine with Buffalo

He was just a drinking and golfing buddy of Josh not a legit NFL QB.   Not that Trubisky isn't terrible but he has a separate personal life.   

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

I think Omar Kahn is spreading his wings. It's not like the 2023 room was uber talented.

55 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

He was just a drinking and golfing buddy of Josh not a legit NFL QB.   Not that Trubisky isn't terrible but he has a separate personal life.   

Drinking and golfing buddy of Josh, Check.

As far as "not legit NFL QB", uncertain there's that much to choose between him and Trubisky, for all Trubisky has 3x the starts that Allen has.

24 more ypg for Mitch and 2% higher completion %.  Did you see him play for Pittsburgh?  The WR must have been pulling out their hair, he would simply NOT pull the trigger and throw downfield.  

TL;DR I lack confidence in either of them as potential backup QBs.  We're in Tom Moore "fellas, if 17 goes down we're *****, and we don't practice *****" territory.

Fun fact: Did you know Trubisky has a "winning record" as an NFL QB?  Until I looked it up, I did not.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1