PSL Pricing/Seat Selection Discussion

2 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

dumb question maybe, but does this mean 20K per seat, just for the right to then buy the seats? 

So 2 season tickets means 40K fee just to buy the tickets on top of that? Is it one-time? 

It is. You can pay it interest free over like 18 months or finance it over 10 years (at least I think it’s 10). 

33 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

M&T Bank

Fidelis Care

Delta Sonic

New Era

Fischer Price

Ted’s Hot Dogs

Babcia’s Pierogies

Anderson’s Custard

Catholic Diocese ;)

Kalieda

West Herr

Anchor Bar

Duffs

• Agree 1

24 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

Kalieda

West Herr

Anchor Bar

Duffs

Ingram micro 

wegmams

Blue cross 

Tops

citi group

Delaware north

Dupont

Ellicot group

General Mills

Geico

Ford

Gm

Keybank

HSBC

Labatt Brewing

Mighty Taco

Moog

Rich

Perrys

Republic Steel

Seneca Gaming

Literally like ever single laser eye care company currently has suites now. 

and these are just the known names of companies that either do now or very easily could afford the crazy PSL prices in the new stadium. Then theres dozens of small unknown business that are there. I personally know 2 businesses that have suites. I’d almost guarantee nobody has ever heard of them unless you’ve don’t business with them. I know dozens of realtors that currently have expensive club seats that are planning clubs in the new stadium. 

people that don’t even think that small companies that have the money to buy some of these seats are delusional. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

On 3/23/2024 at 6:47 AM, Spiderweb said:

20K to 50K for the better seats so far. I know these are the way of life for quite some time but I can't help but to feel these are the ultimate slap in the face. Billionaires come to taxpayers to fund much of their stadiums, then insult them and make them pay huge sums just to have the right to buy season tickets.

How can this be ?

I keep reading on this board that Pegula is the billionaire with a heart of gold.

Clearly there is some serious misinformation going around!!

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

Apparently one of the more prominent funeral home owners decided against it, and I’m sure they’re not going  to be the only ones

Those people are dead to me. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, mrags said:

I know dozens of realtors that currently have expensive club seats that are planning clubs in the new stadium. 

Their new ad campaign…

”Buy a house, be entered in a drawing for Bills tickets.”

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, 4th&long said:

Pagulas are known to overplay their hand. It’s their business model. They are going to be embarrassed. This isn’t LA.

No, no they won't. Did you forget about Toronto which is bigger, more affluent, and more sports inclined than LA?

As long as the team keeps winning, they won't have any problem selling out. It will just be different people in the stands.

• Agree 1

initial cost estimate of new stadium $1.4 Billion

current cost estimate of new stadium $1.7 Billion

likely final cost estimate of new stadium $2.0 Billion

NY State Contribution $600 million  (not part of "construction costs" is an additional $280 million for maintenance over 30 years)

NFL & Bills Contribution $550 million (Pegula's portion is $350 million)

Erie County Contribution $250 million

SUB TOTAL Contribution $1.4 Billion

Pegulas are  responsible for any and all cost over runs....currently at $300 million and rising.

Projected to raise $200 million in PSL's

so, if you factor in cost over runs....i say he will contribute $800 million or 40%

Edited by papazoid
  • Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, papazoid said:

initial cost estimate of new stadium $1.4 Billion

current cost estimate of new stadium $1.7 Billion

likely final cost estimate of new stadium $2.0 Billion

NY State Contribution $600 million  (not part of "construction costs" is an additional $280 million for maintenance over 30 years)

NFL & Bills Contribution $550 million

Erie County Contribution $250 million

SUB TOTAL Contribution $1.4 Billion

Pegulas are  responsible for any and all cost over runs....currently at $300 million and rising.

Projected to raise $200 million in PSL's

So they’ll end up paying 5 to 10% of the stadium cost?

Sarcastic Season 9 GIF by The Office

6 minutes ago, Einstein said:

So they’ll end up paying 5 to 10% of the stadium cost?

Sarcastic Season 9 GIF by The Office

i edited my post.....Pegula's portion of the "NFL & Bills" $550 mil is $350 mil

Edited by papazoid

On 3/25/2024 at 7:52 PM, BigDingus said:

What happens if you buy the PSL but don't buy season tickets?

I never understood why you need to pay for the right to pay for something else. It's the dumbest scam in the sports world, and it's shame that so many fans proved to owners this works. Hopefully it fails miserably in Buffalo, and PSL prices will be significantly reduced.

But if that happens, all the people who paid the $15k - $50k for their PSLs will be losing out huge in their investment. Wish the state money used to fund the stadium came with the stipulation that ownership could not charge for PSLs, otherwise they would have to reimburse the taxpayer funding.

If a person owning a PSL does not buy the season tickets they forfeit their PSL license. The team is then able to sell the PSL again. In the interim the team can sell the individual game tickets through their regular channels. 

PSL holders do have the option to sell their PSL to someone else at whatever price they can get for it. However, what  tends to happen is that a large number of PSLs become available when a team goes through a multiple season losing streak. The PSL for less desirable seats don’t sell for much - or at all - and the holders have to decide between continuing to buy season tickets for a bad team or simply giving up their PSL for nothing or next to nothing.

Edited by BarleyNY

57 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

Their new ad campaign…

”Buy a house, be entered in a drawing for Bills tickets.”

I know at least realtors that have 2-4 tickets and they give 2 away or take clients to every single game 

23 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

PSL holders do have the option to sell their PSL to someone else at whatever price they can get for it. However, what  tends to happen is that a large number of PSLs become available when a team goes through a multiple season losing streak. The PSL for less desirable seats don’t sell for much - or at all - and the holders have to decide between continuing to buy season tickets for a bad team or simply giving up their PSL for nothing or next to nothing.

Here's some for the Jets, lower/100 level, for under $2K a seat...

New York Jets PSL Marketplace | Buy & Sell Jets Seat Licenses (pslsource.com)

7 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

To make sure I’m clear, a PSL becomes a personal asset, correct?  So if one decides to spend the money, it is sellable someday, if one also chooses?  And the value could potentially increase?

Or it could decrease.

18 minutes ago, mrags said:

I know at least realtors that have 2-4 tickets, and they give 2 away or take clients to every single game. 

I happen to know someone that knows someone that works for FedEx in the Philly area and has access to their Eagles season tickets.  He has multiple seats in multiple areas in the stadium.  He was telling me even though he gives the tickets to his clients, the clients don't always use them.  The seats he uses are in one of their club areas, because from there he can see the other seats/tickets he's given out and make notes on which clients actually come out to a game.  

• Like (+1) 2

36 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

what  tends to happen is that a large number of PSLs become available when a team goes through a multiple season losing streak. The PSL for less desirable seats don’t sell for much - or at all - and the holders have to decide between continuing to buy season tickets for a bad team or simply giving up their PSL for nothing or next to nothing.

Exactly right.

Imagine the resale value of a PSL during the drought. Would be lucky to get a basket of chicken wings for them.

• Thank you (+1) 1