Love this mock draft from the Syracuse Post Standard

trade down our first round pick, for a DT (eyes roll) , and an extra pick,  but in the end it turns out a good move:

What do you think?

DT T’Vondre Sweat, Texas

WR Troy Franklin, Oregon

CB Max Melton, Rutgets

S Kamren Kinchens, Miami (Fl.)

C Hunter Nourzad, Penn State

RB Auric Estime, Notre Dame

WR Johnny Wilson, Florida State

EDGE Myles Cole, Texas Tech

G Mason McCormick, South Dakota State

DT Logan Lee, Iowa

http://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/2024/03/buffalo-bills-7-round-mock-draft-trade-back-lands-mammoth-dt-speedy-wr.html

• Like (+1) 6
  • Vomit 1
  • Sad 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Dislike 1

7 hours ago, Desert Bills Fan said:

trade down our first round pick, for a DT (eyes roll) , and an extra pick,  but in the end it turns out a good move:

What do you think?

DT T’Vondre Sweat, Texas

WR Troy Franklin, Oregon

CB Max Melton, Rutgets

DT Logan Lee, Iowa

http://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/2024/03/buffalo-bills-7-round-mock-draft-trade-back-lands-mammoth-dt-speedy-wr.html

Really don't like it tbh.

I'm really down on Franklin after the Combine and watching stuff besides highlight reels. Sick or not, a lot of the problems that were highlighted at the Combine show up on film. While down field fast, it takes him a while to get there and doesn't come off the line fast. He's a long gainer that has trouble at the line. He also has a lot of tape of himself struggling against non-NFL level CB's.

Johnny Wilson is basically a Tight End at the NFL level. Really tall but not very athletic. As Steve Smith put it, "the kid can't chew gum and tie his shoes at the same time". He's like a less athletic Kelvin Benjamin.

I'd be very disappointed if we walked out of the Draft with not 1, but 2 WR's I'm down on with the massive amount of WR's available that I like.

CB that high too, yick.

I'm also not as high on Kinchens as I am on Tyler Nubin or Javon Bullard. I wouldn't hate it if we took him, as I would taking Franklin and Wilson and a CB that high. But I'd prefer Bullard at that point.

Just, yeah, not a fan of that Draft.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Really don't like it tbh.

I'm really down on Franklin after the Combine and watching stuff besides highlight reels. Sick or not, a lot of the problems that were highlighted at the Combine show up on film. While down field fast, it takes him a while to get there and doesn't come off the line fast. He's a long gainer. He also has a lot of film of him struggling against non-NFL level CB's.

Johnny Wilson is basically a Tight End at the NFL level. Really tall but not very athletic. As Steve Smith put it, "the kid can't chew gum and tie his shoes at the same time". He's like a less athletic Kelvin Benjamin.

I'd be very disappointed if we walked out of the Draft with not 1, but 2 WR's I'm down on with the massive amount of WR's available that I like.

CB that high too, yick.

I'm also not as high on Kinchens as I am on Tyler Nubin or Javon Bullard. I wouldn't hate it if we took him, as I would taking Franklin and Wilson and a CB that high. But I'd prefer Bullard at that point.

Just, yeah, not a fan of that Draft.

I'd give you two green check marks if I could. And Estime had a forty so slow they're still timing it.

• Haha (+1) 4

42 minutes ago, Desert Bills Fan said:

What do you think?

DT T’Vondre Sweat, Texas

WR Troy Franklin, Oregon

CB Max Melton, Rutgets

DT Logan Lee, Iowa

I know most don't, but I do. Many poo poo sweat based on weight, but I have watched a lot of Big 12 football and this kid can play.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

I know most don't, but I do. Many poo poo sweat based on weight, but I have watched a lot of Big 12 football and this kid can play.

I like Sweat, but that's about it.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

7 hours ago, Dr. Who said:

I like Sweat, but that's about it.

Agreed. I have no problem with a Trade Down or T'Vondre Sweat. It's practically everything else.

• Like (+1) 1

I’m down for a trade down and gaining back a 3rd.  Right now I’m ok with Buffalo drafting DT with our first- it’s our biggest need now imo.  I still would like to see Buffalo use a high draft pick on a WR, and draft 2 WR.

12 hours ago, Desert Bills Fan said:

What do you think?

DT T’Vondre Sweat, Texas

WR Troy Franklin, Oregon

CB Max Melton, Rutgets

DT Logan Lee, Iowa

Terrible 

There is 0% chance Franklin is still there @ 60. If we want Franklin, Coleman or Leggette it's going to be at 36. And if we want Sweat, you'll have to use a 4th to trade up higher than 60 in the 2nd.  The 2nd tier wrs will come off the board early day 2.

• Agree 3

On 3/23/2024 at 7:43 AM, gjv said:

I would take Ricky Pearsall, Florida, over Franklin.

Really like Pearsall, but I think he is too similar to Samuel and Shakir.  He kind of has to operate in the intermediate and short middle of the field and there will already be a lot of traffic there with Kincaind, Samuel, Shakir, Diggs.Quote

On 3/23/2024 at 12:39 PM, LABILLBACKER said:

There is 0% chance Franklin is still there @ 60. If we want Franklin, Coleman or Leggette it's going to be at 36. And if we want Sweat, you'll have to use a 4th to trade up higher than 60 in the 2nd.  The 2nd tier wrs will come off the board early day 2.

I disagree - I think Coleman might very well be available at or close to 60, less likely, but still possible with Franklin in my opinion.  I know that he says he was sick at the Combine and the game tape is not as bad as his Combine performance, but that was a pretty questionable performance there and his weight/strength is concerning.  I think Legette will be gone by mid 2nd.