WR Mack Hollins Hates Soup

1 hour ago, Prospector said:
1 hour ago, MPL said:

I used to hate soup. Then I started making this creamy potato and leek soup and everything changed. 

Mmmm, I bet you did

you don’t have to bet. I am telling you that I made it. 

57 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

1 hour ago, MPL said:

I used to hate soup. Then I started making this creamy potato and leek soup and everything changed. 

I hate that word... Leek. I also hate the word Moist. Now I'm sick thinking about those two words together. I got to go. 

I’m sorry, friend. I don’t know how to help you here. 

• Haha (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

Refusing to wear shoes and only eating food you can pick up with your hands doesn't make you unique, or edgy, or "savage". It makes you a toddler.

Cool story.  Thanks for sharing

3 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Yeah, Hollins is a different kind of cat. He went viral for walking around town barefoot. I enjoyed watching his interview. Definitely an interesting personality.

Thanks for posting that.  Definitely his own guy, walking to his own drummer but he came across very personable and easy to get along with.

I kept looking at his tan lines and trying to figure out what his off-season sport must be.  Anyone?

Ummmm…I guess it takes all kinds to make this world go round? 🤷🏼‍♂️. But seriously, don’t you dare ever try to take my soup n pasta away from me…also, is he aware of how many germs reside on his hands 🙌? Forks are a blessing. Never thought I’d ever have to type a sentence like that on TBD! 😆

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, wettlaufer said:

Like this guy. From this interview:

Reporter 1: You eat with your hands?

Hollins: Yeah, you just eat with your hands. That’s what they’re there for.

Reporter 2: Like anything?

Hollins: Anything.

Reporter 2, fascinatedly: Really?

Reporter 3: Pasta?

Hollins: If you can’t eat it with your hands, you shouldn’t be eating it.

Reporter 4: Soup?

Hollins: Shouldn’t be eating soup. You’ve never seen a lion eat soup. You’ve never seen a gorilla. You’ve never seen anything savage eat soup.

He can also ball.

Indeed.

His comment on the DB he toasted:

And another one:

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This are highlight plays obviously, but one of the Cover1 guys said he thought Hollins was an upgrade on Sherfield (who was an upgrade on Kumerow) and based on these, I might believe it.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This is a piece about him last season with the Falcons but interesting attitude:

Hollins’ voice consistently has carried across the Falcons’ practice fields throughout training camp, encouraging, prodding and sometimes trash-talking teammates. While praising the play of London, who was Atlanta’s leading receiver a year ago as a rookie, he has refused to concede the No. 1 wide receiver position to London.

“The No. 1 spot is up for grabs. Drake is my (training camp) roommate, but he gets no free days,” Hollins said. “Every spot in my mind and in every receiver’s mind is up for grabs. Just because he got a nice signing bonus, there’s no free lunches now that I am here. If you’re a prima donna, this isn’t the room for you. You’ll get called out for it, at least by me. I don’t like soft people.”

and

Hollins arrived at North Carolina as a walk-on and finished his career as the school’s career leader in yards per reception (20.6 yards on 81 career catches). He still cherishes the experience of going from walk-on to scholarship player for the Tar Heels. Players who get scholarships right out of college? You guessed it: “Soft.”

“I think scholarship kids are pampered,” he said. “Now, a lot of them worked hard and that’s why they got scholarships, but in my mind, they’re just pampered. Just like early draft picks are pampered. I’ll always think that no matter what. I was a fourth-round pick, I was pampered too. I got away with more stuff. It made me feel soft, I didn’t like that.”

Interesting times!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Prospector said:

You don’t use a fork to eat soup… maybe that’s your problem 

What about catheter or toilette? Both are funky words to pronounce. 

Lol not for soup to eat anything you should use a fork for the kid acts like an animal it's been a multi year effort to get him to use utensils.