Our starting Center isn’t on the roster yet

Round 2:

Zach Frazier, C West Virginia

4x State Wrestling champ in High School.

I’m just sensing this McGovern to Center - feels like a smokescreen.  I’m sure they’ll look at it.  

But come on.  We aren’t putting the 2nd most important position on O in the hands of a guy that hasn’t played there much in his career.  

This is my favorite of the Cs.  And I think we might trade up in RD 2 to get him.   

• Like (+1) 7
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 5

I am curious how many guys drafted beyond round 1 actually get to start year 1 at center. It’s a big time communication rile so to me any rookie starting as a center has to be outright extraordinary. 

• Agree 2

As long as they take WR with their 1st pick, I'm fine with this.   NFLdraftbuzz has him ranked 56th overall so he may be sitting there at 60 for the Bills.   

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Locomark said:

I am curious how many guys drafted beyond round 1 actually get to start year 1 at center. It’s a big time communication rile so to me any rookie starting as a center has to be outright extraordinary. 

Don't get us started on Creed Humphrey.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 5
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Totally agree on the McGovern smokescreen. I think they're looking at C high, potentially at #28 or early 2nd with a trade back. I'm fine with that IF they clear more cap and make a trade for a guy like Courtland Sutton then take advantage of the WR class depth by taking an upside freak on day 2 and another on day 3

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

McGovern is gonna be that guy. I think they really like Edwards as well as he is a Kromer guy. I do too. McGovern is a natural center, played center in high school, so the dude has been snapping a long time. He will be fine. Draft somebody late sure, but there is no reason to spend a high draft pick on a center. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Round 2:

I’m just sensing this McGovern to Center - feels like a smokescreen.  I’m sure they’ll look at it.  

But come on.  We aren’t putting the 2nd most important position on O in the hands of a guy that hasn’t played there much in his career.  

This is my favorite of the Cs.  And I think we might trade up in RD 2 to get him.   

It's an excellent OL class in general.   They can draft interior OL later and have their choice of some prospects with starting potential.   Having not gotten that comp pick in round 3 and subsequently only having 2 top 100 picks I don't foresee them taking a center with one of them.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

It's an excellent OL class in general.   They can draft interior OL later and have their choice of some prospects with starting potential.   Having not gotten that comp pick in round 3 and subsequently only having 2 top 100 picks I don't foresee them taking a center with one of them.  

Trade back 5 spots get another one.  

Trade up into late round 3.  

No doubt in my mind going to be some movement for us.  

• Like (+1) 5

Honestly that’s a good theory brother. Like it

13 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Round 2:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

From a WVU super fan buddy of mine:

“Started every game since he was a true freshman…

…He broke his leg on his last play against Baylor - they were inside 2 minutes and he refused to to go down because it would have caused a 30 second runoff so he hobbled to the sideline after pushing our RB for a first down and then they won on a last second TD…

…he is a legend in WVU football.   Will play 10 plus years in the league.”

• Like (+1) 5

I may be completely alone on this island, but...

I think Alec Anderson will get a legit chance to compete to be the starting center, and I think he has a better chance than some might assume to win the job.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Shocked 1
  • Agree 1

24 minutes ago, Locomark said:

Chiefs' Creed Humphrey, who the Bills passed on in the 2nd for Basham, has started and played at a very high level from day 1.

Edited by Turk71
  • Like (+1) 1