Bills sign Mack Hollins

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Didn’t care about the signing until it turned into “he’s the Sherfield replacement.”

Am I the only one that watched the divisional playoff game vs the Chiefs when the Bills trotted Sherfield out there all game?

Injuries will do that. 

6 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

No, a rebuild year because we created several large holes with massive holes already on the roster and we have not been serious about replacing them. We can't get a WR2 in the draft because McD doesn't play rookies. Unless there's a trade (unlikely), Hollins is your #2 for at least 6 games.

You're right.

Dion Dawkins

Spencer Brown

Ed Oliver

Dalton Kincaid

Tre White

Tremaine Edmunds

O'Cyrus Torrence

Taron Johnson

Matt Milano

Greg Rosseau 

Cody Ford

Devin Singletary

James Cook

Christian Benford

None of the above played as rookies.  There hasn't been a more accurate statement on this board because the above list proves it.

Even though Josh Allen did play, he was supposed to sit and learn but was put in earlier because we were bad at that position.

Edited by Royale with Cheese
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Poor WR depth will do that you mean. If he’s the depth we’re in trouble.

Show me a team with awesome playmakers at WR4/5. 

It doesn't exist, that's why they're WR4/5.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

What are the self created LARGE holes?

Did he not play rookies because he had the luxury of Vets over them.  Seems Torrence didnt sit his rookie year, neither did Brown.  Neither Did Tre.  

I get it Hyperbole is what you got.  

Somebody has been asleep the past couple weeks apparently:

SS, C/G, WR in addition to known holes at FS, WR, DE. We need to get 4 starters just to field a starting squad and at this point in FA we know they aren't going to be top tier. We have two realistic chances to grab rookie starters, but it's unlikley they'll perform at a high enough level at important positions to give us a realistic shot at a championship.

Hence - rebuild year.

Not saying we won't win 10+ games, but unless something massive happens, virtual guarantee we don't compete for a SB this year.

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Yes it is lol.  It's exactly the best example.

Ok, let me know when we have a GOAT receiver and GOAT QB like KC and I'll be on board with your terrible example.

• Dislike 2

There isn’t a single WR in free agency that does anything for me, they must find a way to make it happen in round one, and if they fail to do so I’ll definitely be classifying this offseason as a failure.

Giving 17 an elite weapon is 100% the difference between truly competing for a championship or just watching Allen carry the team in the 2nd round once again.

Im sure this Mack dude is fine, who cares, they were always going to have to sign these types of players to fill out the roster, probably some bottom of the roster D linemen on the way too.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Ok, let me know when we have a GOAT receiver and GOAT QB like KC and I'll be on board with your terrible example.

You specifically stated WR and someone at Mack Collins level isn't good enough to play on a contending team.

You then were given an example of a Super Bowl winning team with multiple WR's and Mack Collins level and below.  

This isn't that difficult and multiple people have commented on it.

The GOAT receiver and GOAT QB had the Chiefs at 15th in points scored at 23.1 ppg.  

Can you tell us all again how McD doesn't play rookies?  

Edited by Royale with Cheese
  • Disagree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Mack isn't a terrible receiver.  He is a plus blocker, and can take a DB deep if needed.  Is he special?  No. But I consider him an upgrade to Sherfield.  A better blocker for sure. 

I expect them to add 2 receivers in the draft, and they will sign another 2 UDFAs.  We will carry 11-13 WRs into camp...

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I’ll take youth over the Mack Hollins types. I would rather an undrafted rookie free agent filling out the final WR spot.

Hopefully it will be Shorter plus another rookie by season start and Hollins gets the axe.

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

You specifically stated WR and someone at Mack Collins level isn't good enough to play on a contending team.

You then were given an example of a Super Bowl winning team with multiple WR's and Mack Collins level and below.  

This isn't that difficult and multiple people have commented on it.

The GOAT receiver and GOAT QB had the Chiefs at 15th in points scored at 23.1 ppg.  

Can you tell us all again how McD doesn't play rookies?  

I appreciate you taking up the mantle here and fighting the good fight, but it's clear that some people want to be mad at the Bills for the sake of being mad. 

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I’ll take youth over the Mack Hollins types. I would rather an undrafted rookie free agent filling out the final WR spot.

Totally fair and I can see that side of it too. 

1 hour ago, Back2Buff said:

We are so broke.  I hate Beane

I suppose you'd swap him for Russ Brandon, Beane's predecessor/boss.   Brandon was the head honcho of the Bills for 11 full seasons, 2006-2017.   His teams never had cap problems even though they signed such big name FAs as Mario Williams and Terrell Owens, but those teams only had 2 winning seasons and 1 playoff loss.   I'll take missing the playoffs once in 7 seasons and "boring" FA signings any day ... but especially on Sunday ... and Thursday, Saturday, and Monday.

Edited by SoTier

I actually remember Hollins at UNC and liked him coming out. He seemed to be pretty clutch in big moments with Trubisky but lost track of him in the NFL. Seems like the perfect cheap WR that does all the little things our team likes (Blocks well, deep threat, aka Gabe 2.0 but a lot cheaper). I’m sure it’ll either be him or Shorter for the last spot and my money is on Hollins

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1