DaQuan Re-Signed - 2 yrs 16M

Just now, SCBills said:

Did Cover1 just break this news over everyone?

Impressive. 

Im guessing Jones gave them the heads up before posting himself a few minutes later?  

They are tight with Jones and Gabe Davis so they had a lot of immediate details on how Davis' deal went down.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Hmm. Guess it was a bad year to need DL help. We are bringing back the same underperforming group and hoping for the best.

I'm a little perplexed about Beane's strategy these past couple weeks. Cut underperforming overpaid players, then turn around and re-sign a bunch of guys in the same bucket.

I'm sure the real numbers aren't so bad. Hopefully he's healthy and gives us the level of play we got before his injury. I'm not upset about this individual signing. Just confused about what the plan is.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 5
  • Disagree 6
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 7

Just now, HappyDays said:

Hmm. Guess it was a bad year to need DL help. We are bringing back the same underperforming group and hoping for the best.

I'm a little perplexed about Beane's strategy these past couple weeks. Cut underperforming overpaid players, then turn around and re-sign a bunch of guys in the same bucket.

I'm sure the real numbers aren't so bad. Hopefully he's healthy and gives us the level of play we got before his injury. I'm not upset about this individual signing. Just confused about what the plan is.

DQ was not underperforming. He was borderline dominant prior to injury

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 19
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 9

Ugh. Great. 2 years of overpaid and overrated for a 32+ year old guy that won’t stay healthy for the 2 years. And we wonder why we get into cap trouble. Ugh. Ugh. Ugh. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 9
  • Disagree 5
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 6

No brainer. Great move. 

Now that's enough re-signing guys. Let everyone else go, not interested in bringing back anyone else. We need some fresh young faces on the d line and at WR. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1