Levi Wallace available in free agency?

Typical Bills move woud be to bring a guy back someone else doesn’t want because he’s familiar with the playbook. Needs to stop. It’s good depth is the excuse gotta stop. Find guys with less experience who may have higher ceilings instead of average players past their prime that are probably on a decline. 

6 hours ago, Taro Nimbus said:

Levi Wallace hinted that his time in Pittsburgh may be up.  What would you think of the Bills signing him to bulk up our secondary?  

Levi was really decent for us. But that was a few years ago. Rather stay younger.

Dane Jackson coming back would be about the main "vet depth" move I expect.

7 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Over 6 years.. the worst passer rating he's ever allowed throughout a season put him at #47 for all qualifying corners

He's also had multiple seasons where he's been in the top 30 and even once in the top 20 in passer rating against

I think he's squarely a mid-tier number two in a platoon for at least another year or two.. with physical limitations that make him only a fit for 7 or 8 teams

But those 8 teany who can get him cheap definitely don't get burned.. especially when they are platooning the number two guy to ,65-70% of snaps

not too shabby for an udfa

I thought he was solid in Buf

• Agree 3

Douglas Benford Elam.  For boundary corners, I'd probably draft one late and sign a priority UDFA - and probably look to use another late pick on a nickel depth piece to replace neal.  Any vet i'm bringing in is a camp body most likely unless they perform or there are injuries.  There's too many other holes to be spending much in the way of cap space on a depth corner, especially when we've had success drafting contributors late.  

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, LarryMadman said:

No, I do not understand Bills fans fascination of resigning former Bills players, WTF!

Knowledge of the system and easy to fit in. Also coach knows their strength/weaknesses already. Less of a learning curve on both sides. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, mrags said:

That about what I’d expect. He wasn’t terrible but he sure wasn’t good. Hell be fine for a 4th or 5h CB but anything higher than that and we will have problems. 

Agree, certainly not a starter, imo a 3rd stringer 

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Over 6 years.. the worst passer rating he's ever allowed throughout a season put him at #47 for all qualifying corners

He's also had multiple seasons where he's been in the top 30 and even once in the top 20 in passer rating against

I think he's squarely a mid-tier number two in a platoon for at least another year or two.. with physical limitations that make him only a fit for 7 or 8 teams

But those 8 teany who can get him cheap definitely don't get burned.. especially when they are platooning the number two guy to ,65-70% of snaps

we are one of the 7 or 8 teams

6 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

not too shabby for an udfa

I thought he was solid in Buf

Absolutely

He worked his ass off for a career... Started with waking on at Alabama and it took 4 years to get a starting job!

Most Walk-Ons give up after a year or two after not getting a scholarship

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Mark80 said:

There is zero chance they are bringing back Levi Wallace after what he did during 13 seconds.  Zero.

the player or the coaching?  Though I never like Levi, though he was an UDFA so shouldn't have expected much

5 hours ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Had a meh season last year 

40-75 (53%) 569 yards and 6 TDs surrendered. 11 PBUs, 2 picks, 6 missed tackles (13%).

Some of those numbers are good, some not so good. 

We can probably draft a 4th CB. 

The worst season of his career and he still finished 47 for all qualifying cornerbacks passer rating against

There are 64 outside corners starting

For veteran minimum and a bench player that you wouldn't ask to do nothing more than platoon I don't think you could actually do much better ... Unless you absolutely hit on a fourth round pick

• Agree 1