NFL Scouting Combine 2024

KingBoots8

Beane was on "moving the chains" on SXM.  Didn't say anything new except that his intention it to have us under the cap by next week. 

Then it's looking at what they have, figuring out who they can bring back then looking at what's left over that can be used on free agents outside the org

19 hours ago, BBFL said:

Pairing all that in, maybe a trade up is inevitable? There is a lot of great talent in this draft @ WR. Though only a handful of guys who are seen as legitimate #1 dominant guys. 

I'd prefer not to trade up. Really hate seeing a rd 3-5 pick used for a trade-up when there is never really a "sure thing".

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, starrymessenger said:

I don't understand why weighing in at 366 is good news for Sweat. It's a lot like the opposite. 

I think as evidenced by the fact that he skipped the previous weigh in, there was fear he was going to weigh in significantly heavier than this lol

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DCOrange said:

I think as evidenced by the fact that he skipped the previous weigh in, there was fear he was going to weigh in significantly heavier than this lol

Teams/analysts were looking for him to get down below 350. At this weight his testing results will probably be adversely affected. Players do all sorts of things to manage their combine weight - Maybin, Bryce Young- the fact that he's done nothing to get it down is a very bad look. He could drop.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

Teams/analysts were looking for him to get down below 350. At this weight his testing results will probably be adversely affected. Players do all sorts of things to manage their combine weight - Maybin, Bryce Young- the fact that he's done nothing to get it down is a very bad look. He could drop.

good. Maybe he’ll reach pick 60 

• Like (+1) 3

49 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

I don't understand why weighing in at 366 is good news for Sweat. It's a lot like the opposite. 

If it's his playing weight, which he played at a very high level, I see it as a plus. At least he didn't put on the Dawkins 40 during the offseason 

19 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

good. Maybe he’ll reach pick 60 

He's in the (top of the )second tier of DTs. I'm thinking he could easily fall into the third round.

1 minute ago, Prospector said:

If it's his playing weight, which he played at a very high level, I see it as a plus. At least he didn't put on the Dawkins 40 during the offseason 

He played at that weight in college. Plus at 366 how many game reps do you think you could expect from him? Maybe less of an issue for a team that relies heavily on a rotation but most teams would be looking for more from a highly drafted DT.

49 minutes ago, Prospector said:

Lmao the Dawkins bashing is Soo stupid and old

He's literally playing the toughest line position in the NFL and he's our most consistent lineman... Consistently left one-on-one

There's not a lineman alive who doesn't carry 20 30+ extra pounds in the off season... That's why you have OTAs and minicamp and training camp... Multiple sessions to get into shape the correct way

No lineman walk around their playing weight in the offseason because you are losing weight throughout TC and the season... That's a fact

If you come into training camp 325 lb as a lineman... You're going to be leaving at 310 lb... Some lineman lose 30+ pounds

Dawkins plays at around 320... And clearly carried a lot of water weight... I don't care if he's 355 lb in February

He certainly wasn't 355 in August 

Just look at the way he moves on a football field... He's a freak athlete for a guy his size... As long as you can keep your athleticism having more mass will never hurt you especially on the line

If he was moving in quicksand it could be a problem but Dion is a freak athlete.. I'd be more worried about his age than how he trains

Edited by Buffalo716

2 hours ago, DCOrange said:

Dude had to skip the Senior Bowl weigh in to make sure he could get down to 366 lol. I fear for his health.

That is a lot of brisket, red beans and rice and cornbread...just for fun, I went and calculated his maintenance calories for him to maintain that weight and he needs to consume 5500 calories a day. That's craziness.

Now I see why those NFL lineman lose so much weight when they retire...literally all you have to do is eat like a normal person and you can lose 60 lbs like nothing.

Edited by Big Turk

On 2/27/2024 at 7:01 PM, TBBills Fan said:

Beane was on "moving the chains" on SXM.  Didn't say anything new except that his intention it to have us under the cap by next week. 

Then it's looking at what they have, figuring out who they can bring back then looking at what's left over that can be used on free agents outside the org

Next week... that's a lot of moves and deals quickly

• Agree 1

26 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Lmao the Dawkins bashing is Soo stupid and old

He's literally playing the toughest line position in the NFL and he's our most consistent lineman

There's not a lineman alive who doesn't carry 20 30 40 extra pounds in the off season... That's why you have OTAs and minicamp and training camp... Multiple sessions to get into shape the correct way

No lineman walk around they're playing weight in the offseason because you are losing weight throughout the season and TC... That's a fact

If you come into training camp 325 lb as a lineman... You're going to be leaving at 310 lb... Some lineman lose 30+ pounds

Dawkins plays at around 320... And clearly carried a lot of water weight... I don't care if he's 355 lb in February

He certainly wasn't 355 in August 

Just look at the way he moves on a football field... He's a freak athlete for a guy his size... As long as you can keep your athleticism having more mass will never hurt you anymore well especially on the line

If he was moving in quicksand it could be a problem but Dion is a freak athlete

Don't think all of this fact or accurate... but good job coming to the rescue

• Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Prospector said:

Don't think all of this fact or accurate... but good job coming to the rescue

I know that lineman definitely lose 20-30 lb at training camp

All the time

And if your a lineman if you can gain more mass while keeping the same speed and athleticism that's also never a bad thing

Dion being a road grader at 330..  is way more imposing than being 310

I've also had his back here for years and said the same thing last year when everybody was bashing him and I said it's not a problem he's our best lineman

Thanks for playing

https://www.nfl.com/news/uncrustables-weigh-ins-and-h2o-how-nfl-s-offensive-defensive-linemen-manage-thei

Wilkin says he loses 10 lb a practice

Now you replenish so you don't become malnourished... But it's very easy to lose 20-30 lb in a training camp as a big guy

You obviously don't want a wide receiver coming in 30 lb heavy.. it's not the end of the world for a lineman who is a veteran and knows what he needs to do

Edited by Buffalo716

11 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

If we are going the DT route in like round 2 give me Kris Jenkins from Michigan and I’m calling it a day 

I think there will be more quality DT options at 60 than WR imo.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.