Bills add Miami Hurricanes DB coach Jahmile Addae to coach secondary

Gregg

"Before his tenure at Miami, Addae won a national title on the staff at Georgia. He also served as the co-defensive coordinator at West Virginia and had earlier stops at Minnesota, Arizona and Cincinnati."

Great hire. My guess is we'll have a lot of depth pieces taken later in the draft at DB, and this is the perfect guy to help coach them up. Also would be great if it propelled Elam but who knows.

Edited by ALLinALLEN
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

I like that the coaching staff is being infused with youth (Brady, Babich) and outside additions (Curry, Addae).

I won't pretend to really know enough about any of them to wax poetic about their chances of being good coaches or valuable additions to the staff, but any time our coaching staff wants to inject youthful energy and fresh opinions, I'm always in favor.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

Seems like Hurricanes did get better under his watch. From the article.

Addae’s unit showed progression from 2022 to 2023. In his first year at UM, the Hurricanes finished 79th in the nation, surrendering 233.1 yards per game. After sending two cornerbacks, Tyrique Stevenson and DJ Ivey, to the NFL, Miami improved to 55th in the nation, allowing 216 passing yards per game

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Huh so what happened to John Butler? Wasn't he the DB coach and I think McDermott even had him call plays in preseason.

According to the Buffalo News, Butler was let go as part of the defensive coaching shake up.

2 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

So who are they drafting from Miami's secondary?

Kamren Kinchens, S?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Universally disliked at Miami and directly lead to one player transferring this season, and almost costing Miami their top young corner. Dude is a massive ####### apparently. Doubt he's successful here and don't let his stop at Georgia fool you, that was all Kirby, like Saban he's a DB guy. The DBs at Miami got better once Guidry took over as DC. Really dislike this hire right now

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Overall, he was known to be a good DB Coach at the college level. I didn’t follow him at Miami so I don’t know about his stint there, but prior to that he was known as a good DB Coach and recruiter. When he was at Georgia he was good however, with Kirby as the HC DB’s will be good more times than not. I do know Kirby didn’t try too hard to keep him when he left Georgia and went to Miami. Time will tell how he does at the NFL level. 

1 minute ago, Iverwig said:

Overall, he was known to be a good DB Coach at the college level. I didn’t follow him at Miami so I don’t know about his stint there, but prior to that he was known as a good DB Coach and recruiter. When he was at Georgia he was good however, with Kirby as the HC DB’s will be good more times than not. I do know Kirby didn’t try too hard to keep him when he left Georgia and went to Miami. Time will tell how he does at the NFL level. 

Was horrendous at Miami, and the recruiting was subpar. Right now I think this might be the worst hire by McDermott 

Just now, Monty98 said:

Was horrendous at Miami, and the recruiting was subpar. Right now I think this might be the worst hire by McDermott 

Maybe but that can be an outlier as he was good at WVU before Georgia so I wouldn’t put too much stock in his stint at Miami. We will see as he has been more good than bad at the college level. 

12 minutes ago, Monty98 said:

Universally disliked at Miami and directly lead to one player transferring this season, and almost costing Miami their top young corner. Dude is a massive ####### apparently. Doubt he's successful here and don't let his stop at Georgia fool you, that was all Kirby, like Saban he's a DB guy. The DBs at Miami got better once Guidry took over as DC. Really dislike this hire right now

I take todays college athletes getting their panties in a wad with a grain of salt.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.