NFL MVP

Bills!Win!

12 hours ago, zow2 said:

As already said, it's going to be the QB from a #1 seed team and best record unless other factors (like QB injury) makes it impossible to vote for that QB.

Also, the turnovers,  especially the nationally televised ones.  It started in Game 1 vs the Jets and the narrative never changed.  Exciting QB, Superman at times...but a turnover machine.  That is pinned to Allen until he cuts them in half or wins a SB.  

They treat Allen as if he's Jameis Winston (who had over 5,000 yards passing and 33 TDs in 2019).  But the INTs overshadowed him.

I'm beginning to think that for every int. Josh throws, the media deducts 2 tds.  Look at how many ints Terry Bradshaw and Eli Manning had in their careers.  Farve had 336.  Josh literally has one of the lowest career playoff int % of 1.1 in nfl history.  This is the laziest and stupidest narratives going on in the NFL  media right now. The media needs to grow up and do their homework. Josh has a respectable 2.5% career int ratio. There are literally 25 HOF qbs that had a higher int % than Josh. I guess they're all turnover machines too? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Orlando Tim said:

I had the Bengals game flipped with the Broncos game in my head, Doc Brown showed me the error of the my ways along with you. 

And even in the Bronco's game Allen walked off the field with the lead with less then two minutes to play.  Folks can point to injuries as the reason that McD's defense lost the Bills multiple games (including the divisional playoff game) this season but except for the Jets opening game Allen's TO's were not a significant factor in the rest of our losses.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

On 2/9/2024 at 9:47 PM, PromoTheRobot said:

Allen's four passing touchdowns vs Miami week 4 extended his NFL record 12-game streak with multiple passing touchdowns against a single opponent.

He also becomes the second player in NFL history with 300+ passing yards, 4+ passing TDs, 1+ rushing TDs & a perfect passer rating in a single game. 

In week 6, Josh Allen throws his 150th and 151st career touchdown passes, taking just 82 career games to do so, the fifth-fastest pace in NFL history

Week 8, Josh Allen surpasses Steve Young (43) for second place on the NFL's all-time list for rushing touchdowns by a quarterback, (44) trailing only Cam Newton (75).

Week 10, Josh Allen ties Jim Kelly's team record of 18th consecutive game with a TD pass.

Week 12, Josh Allen joins Cam Newton as the only quarterbacks in NFL history to have four seasons with 8+ rushing touchdowns.

Week 15, Josh Allen records 10th game this season with 1+ passing and 1+ rushing TD, setting an NFL record.

Week 16, QB Josh Allen becomes the first player in NFL history to record 40 total touchdowns in four consecutive seasons.

Week 18, Josh Allen sets NFL record with 9th career game of passing for 300+ yards and rushing for 50+ yards.

Allen becomes the only player in NFL history with statline of: 350+ pass yards, 65+ rush yards and 75%+ completion rate in a single game.

Allen finishes the season leading the NFL in total TDs (44) and total yards (4,830).

Any more questions?

I should have been more specific. 

Single season records.  I'm talking passing yards and TDs.  Not these, "1st person to ever do a handstand and complete a pass" type of stats. 

If CMC ran for 2,000, he'd be the MVP.  If Tyreek had 2,000 yards receiving, he likely would have won.  

Edited by Chicken Boo

Tyrod Taylor 2015 - 3035 20/6 passing 568 rushing 4 TDs

LJ - 3678 24/7 passing

821 rushing 5 TDs

I wonder if a QB has ever won MVP w/ less than 30 total TDs? For the people who say it isn’t about stats, it certainly has been about them in previous seasons. Every teams QB is their most valuable player and Josh accounted for more total offense than LJ did. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

LJ - 3678 24/7 passing

821 rushing 5 TDs

I wonder if a QB has ever won MVP w/ less than 30 total TDs? For the people who say it isn’t about stats, it certainly has been about them in previous seasons. Every teams QB is their most valuable player and Josh accounted for more total offense than LJ did. 

The bar for Lamar is lower than any QB in NFL history. 

• Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Process said:

The bar for Lamar is lower than any QB in NFL history. 

And the bar is set to near impossible standards for Josh Allen despite him putting up Madden numbers every season while also managing to win playoff games despite horrid defensive and coaching performances. His turnovers are an issue, but a way overblown one at that because he usually wins. Lamar wasn’t even the better runner this year. This whole situation stinks and the people who try to justify it sound nuts. Thankfully, the play on the field is what matters. The Ravens couldn’t even manage more than 14 points on a Chiefs team who was worn out from a hard fought road game in Buffalo. I like LJ, but he has way too many limitations to be on the same level as Allen who can literally do everything. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 2/10/2024 at 12:50 PM, FireChans said:

Like I said earlier, great offense + 1 seed is pretty much the formula for MVP. Has been for about 15 years. 

Other folks qualify and get votes. They did this year. They just didn’t win.

Hand it over to Purdy then...

5 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

I should have been more specific. 

Single season records.  I'm talking passing yards and TDs.  Not these, "1st person to ever do a handstand and complete a pass" type of stats. 

If CMC ran for 2,000, he'd be the MVP.  If Tyreek had 2,000 yards receiving, he likely would have won.  

So none of those 11 or so accomplishments, all done this year, add up to an MVP season?  Yes, if Josh Allen walked on Lake Erie while throwing for 6,000 yards and 100 TD's he'd be MVP...maybe.

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

Hand it over to Purdy then...

He got votes! He probably wins without another MVP candidate on the team. 

27 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

So none of those 11 or so accomplishments, all done this year, add up to an MVP season?  Yes, if Josh Allen walked on Lake Erie while throwing for 6,000 yards and 100 TD's he'd be MVP...maybe.

Obviously not, because he didn’t win…

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, FireChans said:

He got votes! He probably wins without another MVP candidate on the team. 

Obviously not, because he didn’t win…

Until Allen spends his offseason learning to play defense, punt and kick field goals, instead of golfing, all Bills losses are obviously his fault. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Did he win?

And no, those "records" do not count toward a regular season MVP award.

A two game stretch for Lamar and Baltimore won him the award: 9ers & Miami where they blew the brakes off both of them. 

A two game stretch for Josh Allen and the Bills lost him the award: Cincinnati and Denver. 

Now while Josh didn’t play badly in those games the W/L is all that matters. 

You can pretty much guarantee it’s a player from a #1 seed unless they are unquestionably ahead of their peers in major statistics. 

23 hours ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

LJ - 3678 24/7 passing

821 rushing 5 TDs

Obviously RBs did not, but focusing on just QBs, Peyton Manning did it twice. Steve McNair. Rich Gannon. Steve Young. Joe Montana twice. John Elway. I'm guessing a lot of the older MVPs had fewer than 30.

I also don't really get why this Tyrod meme has been getting posted everywhere; Buffalo was nowhere near as successful as Baltimore in the regular season and Tyrod's stats were nowhere near Lamar's. There's no comparison to be made there.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.