Diggs cryptic comments - 2024 edition

Einstein

10 hours ago, Beck Water said:

So this is an interesting question.  Where and when did Diggs say Josh is his brother?

Allen says that about Josh.  I have not heard Diggs say that about Allen.

Diggs said that?  Can you point me at where/when?

Guess I'm super late responding to this.  So I'm sure you've seen by now. 

16 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I think that's people putting their wishes into reading his comments. Diggs statement is among the most bland statement I can imagine.

"However it goes" is pretty clear cut... come on.

1 minute ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

"However it goes" is pretty clear cut... come on.

I am willing to bet -5000 odds that Diggs in on the roster come the season opening. I give it better than even money that he gets his contract reworked to shift guaranteed money further down his contract.

You want to talk 25, 26? Maybe. I'd expect those comments are more for then.

• Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I am willing to bet -5000 odds that Diggs in on the roster come the season opening. I give it better than even money that he gets his contract reworked to shift guaranteed money further down his contract.

You want to talk 25, 26? Maybe. I'd expect those comments are more for then.

Something is up... so the negotiations will either end in a restructure or a trade. I don't see how this can be misinterpreted considering how the season ended for Stef.

3 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

Something is up... so the negotiations will either end in a restructure or a trade. I don't see how this can be misinterpreted considering how the season ended for Stef.

Well, I have heard that Brandon Beane includes language in his contracts that means that a base salary conversion can happen without player say so. He makes this part of his standard free agent contracts. I far more see Diggs' comments being about how he has zero choice in how that goes, because he can get restructred without his permission and stay in Buffalo or he knows that if he isn't restructured then 2024 is a make it or break it year and if things don't go well he's probably on a different team in 2025.

This sounds much more likely that "Secret trade deal that wrecks the Bills cap"

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

2 hours ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

Saw a guy at the gym today that said he was talking with Sherfield and Hardy yesterday saying that Houston is working on a trade for Diggs and he 100% wants out. Take it as you will…

I saw my best friend's neighbor's parrot  🦜 walker at the bird park yesterday and he told me Sherfield is a free agent in 2024 and Harty has a cap hit of $5.57M but a dead cap of only $1.375M, making him a prime cut target for a team $51.8M over the cap.

Even if you believe "a guy at the gym" knows Sherfield and Harty, has talked to them, and they shared that Diggs "100% wants out", why would you believe a FA and a likely cut target would be plugged in to the inner workings of Buffalo's front office more than Joe on the street?  And what would be their connection to Houston's FO?

Beane and the Bills FO are a byword with the "NFL insiders" for living by "loose lips sink ships" and not telegraphing their moves.  So while I don't disbelieve your guy at the gym story, I respectfully don't think it's too credible.

38 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

Guess I'm super late responding to this.  So I'm sure you've seen by now. 

Thanks for getting back to this, anyway!  'Preciate.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 2

On 2/3/2024 at 9:35 PM, boyst said:

He is a pro athlete. Most of them are narcissists or have narcissistic tendencies. Especially at the "skill" positions.

I mean, they're kind of groomed for it, right?  Since grade school, most of these guys were the unbelievable athlete that carried their peewee and HS team to victory, then their college team.  Depending on where they go to school and live, they may have been getting special treatment for it - police let them off with a warning, teachers give them a pass.  And the WR and DB positions especially require a guy with a large and sturdy ego, because everything they do is visible. 

Then, they take a lot of hard hits, especially to the head.

Edited by Beck Water

On 2/8/2024 at 3:40 AM, JGMcD2 said:

I wish I knew what Diggs was doing. He wasn’t happy with Kirk Cousins in Minnesota. Okay, fine, I can see why that would be the case. Now he’s not happy with Josh Allen in Buffalo. What’s his end-game here?

Did he not watch what the Cowboys did with Dak down the stretch? Eagles with Hurts? Ravens with Lamar? 

Unless he ends up with Mahomes in KC (highly unlikely), he’s not going to end up somewhere with equal or higher level quarterbacking. 

He’s not happy with McDermott? Sure. I know a lot of people here aren’t too. I once again ask… Mike McCarthy? Nick Sirianni? I mean come on, Diggs. 

I'm coming from a place of not knowing Diggs or anyone in his camp at all, but my sense of him from the outside (for whatever it's worth) is that he may be a guy who is just not emotionally well regulated.  So he has a lot of emotions build up inside him - pressure to perform, unhappiness at how he's being utilized in the offensive scheme, unhappiness at not being seen and targeted when he's open, unhappiness at being targeted sometimes when it's a high degree of difficulty catch - but he might not be able to put those feelings in the perspective of what you point out as positives - "I have one of the best QB throwing to me and the chance to build a super-strong and trusting relationship with him" "I'm on a football team which is a strong organization with quality coaching"  - sort them into "things I can control" "things I can influence" "things beyond my control", and focus on the former.  So I think he may just have emotions building up, and they come out in whatever direction he can think of at the time, if that makes sense. 

Sort of the football equivalent of Joaquin Anduhar in the '85 world series where he was ejected and destroyed a toilet in the Royals clubhouse?

One thing I felt was very positive this season was hearing Sherfield and Diggs both talking about "outcome neutral performance".  Sherfield talked about how he came in believing that if he did X and Y as far as training, nutrition, etc - he would "earn" playing time and targets, but he realized that isn't true - he can do everything right and he still might not get the playing time or the targets, so he tries to focus on preparing the best he can and playing the best he can, and not worrying about the outcome.  I also heard Diggs actually acknowledging that there are other guys in the WR room who are working their butts off and not having things work out for them as they hoped (Harty saw 13% of offensive snaps, Sherfield 33%).  That was a first for anything I've heard from him.

I don't know if that's the influence of new-for-2023 WR coach Adam Henry, or possibly a sports psychologist - but I think it was about the first time I've heard Diggs publicly acknowledge that there are other people on the team who aren't getting what they want.

Edited by Beck Water

35 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I saw my best friend's neighbor's parrot  🦜 walker at the bird park yesterday and he told me Sherfield is a free agent in 2024 and Harty has a cap hit of $5.57M but a dead cap of only $1.375M, making him a prime cut target for a team $51.8M over the cap.

Even if you believe "a guy at the gym" knows Sherfield and Harty, has talked to them, and they shared that Diggs "100% wants out", why would you believe a FA and a likely cut target would be plugged in to the inner workings of Buffalo's front office more than Joe on the street?  And what would be their connection to Houston's FO?

Beane and the Bills FO are a byword with the "NFL insiders" for living by "loose lips sink ships" and not telegraphing their moves.  So while I don't disbelieve your guy at the gym story, I respectfully don't think it's too credible.

No problem. I enjoy chatting with ya

39 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I mean, they're kind of groomed for it, right?  Since grade school, most of these guys were the unbelievable athlete that carried their peewee and HS team to victory, then their college team.  Depending on where they go to school and live, they may have been getting special treatment for it - police let them off with a warning, teachers give them a pass.  And the WR and DB positions especially require a guy with a large and sturdy ego, because everything they do is visible. 

Then, they take a lot of hard hits, especially to the head.

100% - the best jocks in hs.

we all knew them growing up. some peaked early. some did not. those that peaked in high school were always interesting case studies.

• Like (+1) 1

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/stefon-diggs-16872/

Just to reiterate for those of you thinking about moving on from him that apparently his cap hit makes it virtually impossible to move on from him for the next two years.

If I am reading this properly it is a $31 million hit this year and a $22+ million hit next year.

He's our guy.  He's here.  He isn't going anywhere, even if you and he want to move on.

If I am mistaken, and I may be, please let me know.

Go Bills

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

Saw a guy at the gym today that said he was talking with Sherfield and Hardy yesterday saying that Houston is working on a trade for Diggs and he 100% wants out. Take it as you will…

Harty*

No fair! I had the idea with Houston first!

Seriously though, a person claimed he knew Diggs reached out to a former Texans WR about the city and organization

Texans have a lot of cap space and putting Diggs with Collins and Tank Dell gives them a really nice group for Stroud

Edited by Warriorspikes51

26 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Just to reiterate for those of you thinking about moving on from him that apparently his cap hit makes it virtually impossible to move on from him for the next two years.

If I am reading this properly it is a $31 million hit this year and a $22+ million hit next year.

He's our guy.  He's here.  He isn't going anywhere, even if you and he want to move on.

Go Bills

You are not mistaken.  People have all sorts of notions like "trade him after June 1", ignoring the fact that Diggs $18.5M salary guarantees early in March so the Bills would have to 1) have the cap space to carry Diggs $27.35 cap hit until after June 1 2) find a trade partner who still has $18.5M cap space available after June 1 3) what would they receive in trade?  Can't be a 2024 draft pick, June 1 is after the draft

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

You are not mistaken.  People have all sorts of notions like "trade him after June 1", ignoring the fact that Diggs $18.5M salary guarantees early in March so the Bills would have to 1) have the cap space to carry Diggs $27.35 cap hit until after June 1 2) find a trade partner who still has $18.5M cap space available after June 1 3) what would they receive in trade?  Can't be a 2024 draft pick, June 1 is after the draft

If this is the case, a Houston trade in the next month that includes their 2024 1st makes sense. They have a couple good young WR's and may want to add a veteran to that room.  They also have the cap space for such a move 

25 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Go Bills

I pretty much agree with you. These trade proposals are so outlandish that I really can't believe there is any real chance of coming to pass. I mean, a player for player trade not only means that the Bills take a major bath on cap space they don't have, then they have to pay the other guy.

I mean, I can see that it's possible that Beane is looking down the road and sees stuff that we don't, and that in 2025 the team gets what they can for him. But Diggs is entering year three of a six year contact. Even his worst year as a Bill he was still 13th in the league in receiving yards. 

With the cap situation as it is, I find it far and away more likely that Beane restructures the contract and starts grooming a successor with a plan to move Diggs inside like the Cardinals did with Fitzgerald. Diggs' skillset has never been elite speed or size, it's that he has above average and is a great route runner which in my mind would make him dominant if we have someone else to stick on the boundary.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I pretty much agree with you. These trade proposals are so outlandish that I really can't believe there is any real chance of coming to pass. I mean, a player for player trade not only means that the Bills take a major bath on cap space they don't have, then they have to pay the other guy.

I mean, I can see that it's possible that Beane is looking down the road and sees stuff that we don't, and that in 2025 the team gets what they can for him. But Diggs is entering year three of a six year contact. Even his worst year as a Bill he was still 13th in the league in receiving yards. 

With the cap situation as it is, I find it far and away more likely that Beane restructures the contract and starts grooming a successor with a plan to move Diggs inside like the Cardinals did with Fitzgerald. Diggs' skillset has never been elite speed or size, it's that he has above average and is a great route runner which in my mind would make him dominant if we have someone else to stick on the boundary.

I really like this plan as well if he were to stay.  Its's been frustrating how little we seemingly use Diggs on real quick hit slants.  He is truly elite there. Instead we insist on pinning him outside the numbers along the sidelines on so many plays. He's still good there, but we're not using him to the best of his ability 

18 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Seriously though, a person claimed he knew Diggs reached out to a former Texans WR about the city and organization

Texans have a lot of cap space and putting Diggs with Collins and Tank Dell gives them a really nice group for Stroud

If Diggs wants to know about Houston and the Texans organization, why wouldn't he reach out to 2023 Texans RB Devin Singletary and 2023 Texans DE Jerry Hughes, both former teammates he must know well, especially Singletary?  Not to mention Case Keenum?

The Texans do have a lot of cap space.  They also have 28 free agents, some of whom they undoubtedly want to keep.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

9 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Thank you, gentlemen.

BTW, Dub-Dubs (WWIP), I really do think he can still produce at a high level.  

Is he top 10?  No, I don't think so next year.  

However, I truly believe 100 pulls next year really can happen (for a 5th straight year), especially with more than yeomen type help on the other side.  At worst, ok, low 90s.  I know DK technically is a TE, but look at how he came on as a rookie after a discover-who-is-and-how-to-use-him-start.

It is not impossible to expect a rookie 1st round WR to end up with 80 or so grabs, and the first #2 to fetch that mark since Beasely, a possession/slant receiver.

Heck, would anybody have a big problem with Diggs 90, Rookie WR 80, DK 80, while sprinkling in 40+ 950?) from Cook and 40-50 from Knox*?

I'll take it.

Go Bills

(* without even referencing the slot receiver at this stage)

13 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I believe it would be possible for Diggs to agree to a contract restructure as part of the trade, and/or Houston to take on some of the cap hit, if all parties were actively working together to make this happen in March. Not that I think it will happen. But there's always a way.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

If this is the case, a Houston trade in the next month that includes their 2024 1st makes sense. They have a couple good young WR's and may want to add a veteran to that room.  They also have the cap space for such a move 

With that trade, the Bills, who are already $51.8M over the cap, need to come up with an extra $3.24M of cap space to make the trade, AND replace Diggs on the roster.

Just now, dollars 2 donuts said:

Thank you, gentlemen.

BTW, Dub-Dubs (WWIP), I really do think he can still produce at a high level.  

Is he top 10?  No, I don't think so next year.  

However, I truly believe 100 pulls next year really can happen, especially with more than yeomen type help on the other side.  At worst, ok, low 90s.  I know DK technically is a TE, but look at how he came on as a rookie after a discover-who-is-and-how-to-use-him-start.

It is not impossible to expect a rookie 1st round WR to end up with 80 or so grabs, and the first #2 to fetch that mark since Beasely, a possession/slant receiver.

Heck, would anybody have a big problem with Diggs 90, Rookie WR 80, DK 80, while sprinkling in 40+ 950?) from Cook and 40-50 from Knox*?

I'll take it.

Go Bills

(* without even referencing the slot receiver at this stage)

If you want to ask the question "Is Diggs play equal relative to his play when compared to other WRs?" I'd have to say at the moment, no (at this moment 6th among WRs) so I get the frustration. However, over the next year or two the WR market is going to explode. This offseason has Mike Evans, OBJ, Boyd and Tee Higgins hitting the market. Ja'Marr Chase, Keenan Allen and Amari Cooper next year. These guys are going to get paid, and they are going to get paid shattering amounts of money.

I very much like a receiving corps of Diggs, a high pick rookie, Shakir, Kincaid with Cook out of the backfield. 

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I believe it would be possible for Diggs to agree to a contract restructure as part of the trade, and/or Houston to take on some of the cap hit, if all parties were actively working together to make this happen in March. Not that I think it will happen. But there's always a way.

I can't think of a situation where the player agrees to convert bonus money he has already been paid back to salary so that it can be transferred to the new team

I could be mistaken on this point, but I also think it's not allowed for a trade partner to repay the trading team for bonus money. 

We have had trades where the trading team agrees to take on part of the guaranteed salary, or where the player even agrees to a salary cut (this happened with Case Keenum I believe?) or a renegotiated future contract as part of the trade - But that's different than the player handing back bonuses he's already been paid, or the trade partner repaying the trading team for money they've already paid.

But I'd be happy to learn about this way, tell me more?

22 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

If you want to ask the question "Is Diggs play equal relative to his play when compared to other WRs?" I'd have to say at the moment, no (at this moment 6th among WRs) so I get the frustration. However, over the next year or two the WR market is going to explode. This offseason has Mike Evans, OBJ, Boyd and Tee Higgins hitting the market. Ja'Marr Chase, Keenan Allen and Amari Cooper next year. These guys are going to get paid, and they are going to get paid shattering amounts of money.

I very much like a receiving corps of Diggs, a high pick rookie, Shakir, Kincaid with Cook out of the backfield. 

Holy mackerel, I forgot Shakir!

One more guy in the draft could put us honestly in quite the sweet spot.

...as long as our offensive game plan allows for it.

:thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Like I said, I couldn't care less what you think, take it as you will. He's a financial advisor for many players in the NFL and still very good friends with Brandon Beane and Joe Schein. I'm not about to give his name so obviously I know that people would start throwing around the typical my friend's neighbor's dog type of stuff. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

Like I said, I couldn't care less what you think, take it as you will. He's a financial advisor for many players in the NFL and still very good friends with Brandon Beane and Joe Schein. I'm not about to give his name so obviously I know that people would start throwing around the typical my friend's neighbor's dog type of stuff. 

Was any more detail provided besides working on a trade with Houston?  Thanks 

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Was any more detail provided besides working on a trade with Houston?  Thanks 

That was it, I did not really ask anything further. He was invited to a Super Bowl suite this weekend so I was a little more interested in those details ;)

• Eyeroll 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

If Diggs "wants out", why is he doing interviews saying he hopes he stays in Buffalo, Josh is family, and he wants to retire a Buffalo Bill?  Literally saying this in his most recent interviews. 

Ive yet to see anyone show how it will even be mathematically possible for the Bills to trade Diggs prior to the draft so we would be able to get draft picks in this draft to rebuild the WR room.  The cap hits this year and next year would be crippling to a team who has half its roster essentially as FA's right now and already a bad cap situation.  

Nothing is impossible, but this "trade" stuff seems to be more media created click bait stuff than anything of actual substance.  

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Holy mackerel, I forgot Shakir!

One more guy in the draft could put us honestly in quite the sweet spot.

...as long as our offensive game plan allows for it.

:thumbsup:

Lets not forget Shorter.

6'4 220 and runs a 4'5.

Just wait until he gets on the field !!!

• Thank you (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

If Diggs "wants out", why is he doing interviews saying he hopes he stays in Buffalo, Josh is family, and he wants to retire a Buffalo Bill?  Literally saying this in his most recent interviews. 

Ive yet to see anyone show how it will even be mathematically possible for the Bills to trade Diggs prior to the draft so we would be able to get draft picks in this draft to rebuild the WR room.  The cap hits this year and next year would be crippling to a team who has half its roster essentially as FA's right now and already a bad cap situation.  

Nothing is impossible, but this "trade" stuff seems to be more media created click bait stuff than anything of actual substance.  

The trade rumors may well be nonsense, but a trade is probably his only way out.

If he wants to endear himself to any potential suitors, of course he's going to put on a good public face.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, yall said:

The trade rumors may well be nonsense, but a trade is probably his only way out.

If he wants to endear himself to any potential suitors, of course he's going to put on a good public face.

You see this is the issue.  And not picking on you with this reply, but its more a general response to a lot of the nonsense in this thread.  Some of you have decided Diggs is an issue no matter what.  Even when Diggs says he WANTS to be here, does NOT WANT to be traded, and WANTS to retire a Bill there are people here that will say what you just said.  

So, Diggs has NEVER even one time said he was unhappy in Buffalo, not once.  He had NEVER said he wants out, not even once.  He has NEVER once said he has any issue with Josh.  Yet so many people have come to these conclusions that he wants out, isn't happy here, has an issue with Josh by "decoding" or twisting things he has said to mean something different, or taken something they saw and decided it meant something like him wanting out.  But now when he DOES say he WANTS to be here, Josh IS Family, he WANTS to retire a Bill then you are saying he doesn't really mean it and it still must mean its just an act and he wants out?

Do you guys even get the ridiculousness of making things up he didn't say, then disregarding the FACTUAL and EXACT things he does say?  

Is a trade possible, sure...nothing is impossible.  But the likeliness of that is pretty low given Diggs doesn't want to be traded, Beane restating his confidence in Diggs, our cap situation, and Diggs cap hits.  

Earlier in this thread people were moaning about why doesn't Diggs just say it clearly then...now he goes out and flat out says what they wanted to hear in that he wants to be here, does not want to be traded, and hopes to retire a Bill and the response is now "of course he is going to put on a good public face"

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

You see this is the issue.  And not picking on you with this reply, but its more a general response to a lot of the nonsense in this thread.  Some of you have decided Diggs is an issue no matter what.  Even when Diggs says he WANTS to be here, does NOT WANT to be traded, and WANTS to retire a Bill there are people here that will say what you just said.  

So, Diggs has NEVER even one time said he was unhappy in Buffalo, not once.  He had NEVER said he wants out, not even once.  He has NEVER once said he has any issue with Josh.  Yet so many people have come to these conclusions that he wants out, isn't happy here, has an issue with Josh by "decoding" or twisting things he has said to mean something different, or taken something they saw and decided it meant something like him wanting out.  But now when he DOES say he WANTS to be here, Josh IS Family, he WANTS to retire a Bill then you are saying he doesn't really mean it and it still must mean its just an act and he wants out?

Do you guys even get the ridiculousness of making things up he didn't say, then disregarding the FACTUAL and EXACT things he does say?  

Is a trade possible, sure...nothing is impossible.  But the likeliness of that is pretty low given Diggs doesn't want to be traded, Beane restating his confidence in Diggs, our cap situation, and Diggs cap hits.  

Earlier in this thread people were moaning about why doesn't Diggs just say it clearly then...now he goes out and flat out says what they wanted to hear in that he wants to be here, does not want to be traded, and hopes to retire a Bill and the response is now "of course he is going to put on a good public face"

Explicitly stated? No he hasn't.

But I think anyone who is paying attention can clearly see he's trying to stir something up with his purposefully cagey statements and vague tweets.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, yall said:

But I think anyone who is paying attention can clearly see he's trying to stir something up with his purposefully cagey statements and vague tweets.

Cagey as in flat out stating he wants to retire a Bill, he hopes he isn't traded, and that Josh is family?   

And even the other statements were not cagey either if you listen to the whole interviews.  But when people like @Einsteinstart threads like this with cherry picking a line or two out of context to paint a biased narrative then yeah it can sound cagey when it is not.  

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Beck Water said:

I can't think of a situation where the player agrees to convert bonus money he has already been paid back to salary so that it can be transferred to the new team

I could be mistaken on this point, but I also think it's not allowed for a trade partner to repay the trading team for bonus money. 

We have had trades where the trading team agrees to take on part of the guaranteed salary, or where the player even agrees to a salary cut (this happened with Case Keenum I believe?) or a renegotiated future contract as part of the trade - But that's different than the player handing back bonuses he's already been paid, or the trade partner repaying the trading team for money they've already paid.

But I'd be happy to learn about this way, tell me more?

The closest situation like this I can think of happened with Lavar Arrington (15-20 years ago).

Recall that back in those days Daniel Snyder and the (then) Redskins went crazy each off-season throwing money around at free agents, back-loading contracts to circumvent the cap, etc. Eventually it came time to pay the piper: they were way over the cap and running out of guys to restructure to help create cap space. 

Arrington wanted out -- but the cap hit to trade or cut him was too exhaustive for Washington to do anything in those regards.  Knowing that he had suitors on the horizon, Arrington repaid Washington a portion of monies already paid to him in the form of signing bonuses, etc. which provided the team with the cap relief they needed to cut him. Arrington landed on his feet with the Giants, who gave him enough up-front money to make this whole transaction worth his while.

I highly doubt Diggs would be up for a deal like this.

1 hour ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

Lets not forget Shorter.

6'4 220 and runs a 4'5.

Just wait until he gets on the field !!!

I have a feeling the Bills think Shorter is pretty raw, so they stashed him on IR.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, yall said:

Uh, yeah. He LITERALLY did just yesterday. But we're just going to ignore him reiterating he wants to retire a Bill and doesn't want to be traded as recent as 24 hours ago - because then how can we talk about getting him off the team otherwise?

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Uh, yeah. He LITERALLY did just yesterday. But we're just going to ignore him reiterating he wants to retire a Bill and doesn't want to be traded as recent as 24 hours ago - because then how can we talk about getting him off the team otherwise?

Try reading that conversation again and look at the question to which I was responding.

Settle down Beavis.

1 hour ago, yall said:

Try reading that conversation again and look at the question to which I was responding.

Settle down Beavis.

Okay, I see, you're not saying he explicitly hasn't said he wants to be here - but that he's never explicitly said he wants out.

My honest apologies.

It's kind of the same thing though. You say he's trying to stir up something, which could mean a number of different things. But when he says he doesn't want to be traded and he wants to retire a Bill - exact words that negate the one possibility that everyone is giving credence to - it goes ignored.

If he's trying to stir anything up, it's getting people talking about him in the Offseason. He finds a way to do that every year, in media starved Buffalo.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Thank you (+1) 1