Bigvinny

25 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Trade: Diggs + 3rd in 25 (can become 2) + 6th to HOU for 23rd overall

23. WR Brian Thomas Jr

28. WR Troy Franklin

60. NT T’Vondre Sweat

98. Trade to DEN for WR Cortland Sutton

😎How much help does Josh Allen need?!🤣

Stefon Diggs carries a 31m dead cap hit to move on from, he's not going anywhere: 

https://www.si.com/nfl/bills/news/buffalo-bills-stefon-diggs-trade-rumors-pro-bowl-games

Cortland Sutton has a 17.29 cap hit. We're 52m over and you have us taking on a massive cap hit in moving on from Diggs on top of it AND taking on 17.29 for Sutton: 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/denver-broncos/courtland-sutton-25139/

Beyond that, you'd have us going into next season with only 1 WR that Josh has worked with and has chemistry with. 2 WR's that could be great, or complete busts.

You were so close with your first post I saw you make regarding WR next season. But I guess we're back to nonsense that won't happen all offseason again.

18 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

^ Yea go ahead and roll your eyes🤣

I’m just out here having fun!!! So what if it’s a 1% chance! It’s angels in the outfield season 

“it could happen”

Not even a 1% chance. 

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Stefon Diggs carries a 31m dead cap hit to move on from, he's not going anywhere: 

https://www.si.com/nfl/bills/news/buffalo-bills-stefon-diggs-trade-rumors-pro-bowl-games

Cortland Sutton has a 17.29 cap hit. We're 52m over and you have us taking on a massive cap hit in moving on from Diggs on top of it AND taking on 17.29 for Sutton: 

Beyond that, you'd have us going into next season with only 1 WR that Josh has worked with and has chemistry with. 2 WR's that could be great, or complete busts.

You were so close with your first post I saw you make regarding WR next season. But I guess we're back to nonsense that won't happen all offseason again.

Not even a 1% chance. 

Diggs and Davis had ZERO chemistry with Allen the 2nd half of the season. Whatever the factors are, the WR room needs an overhaul except Shakir

Diggs can be traded for a 19 mil cap savings postdated June 1st.  If done before that, the 31m dead cap would be a replacement of the 27 mil cap hit (or whatever exact #) he currently has. It is not in addition to.  

If the team believes a change is needed, the worst case is a negative difference of 3-4 million for this season. Next year, around a 22 mil hit yes. 

Sutton’s contract can be restructured for a 3.5 mil cap hit this season

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Disagree 1

28 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Diggs and Davis had ZERO chemistry with Allen the 2nd half of the season. Whatever the factors are, the WR room needs an overhaul except Shakir

Davis is gone. So will be Deonte Harty and Trent Sherfield. The WR room is getting an overhaul as is.

But Diggs would be too much to move on from this season. His out is in 2025. It's not happening before then. And even in a down year, he still finished in the Top 10 (7th) in Receptions in the entire NFL. 13th in the NFL in Yards.

Over the past 4 seasons, he's caught 445 balls from Josh and amassed 5,372 yards (and that's not even counting post season). Now because of the second half of one single season where he was playing through injuries, he has "zero" chemistry with Josh? That's insane.

As is the idea that a guy who still commands double coverage, is still a Top 10 (or at least top 7-13) WR in the league, and maybe most importantly, costs more to be moved before next offseason - should be moved on from right now.

You're going to get 2-3 new WR's. Way more likely than not, a 1st Round WR. Probably a FA, possibly like Hollywood Brown that you like. That's pretty exciting. I don't get why reality isn't exciting enough for you that you have to fantasize and post about the unfeasible.

26 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Davis is gone. So will be Deonte Harty and Trent Sherfield. The WR room is getting an overhaul as is.

But Diggs would be too much to move on from this season. His out is in 2025. It's not happening before then. And even in a down year, he still finished in the Top 10 (7th) in Receptions in the entire NFL. 13th in the NFL in Yards.

Over the past 4 seasons, he's caught 445 balls from Josh and amassed 5,372 yards (and that's not even counting post season). Now because of the second half of one single season where he was playing through injuries, he has "zero" chemistry with Josh? That's insane.

As is the idea that a guy who still commands double coverage, is still a Top 10 (or at least top 7-13) WR in the league, and maybe most importantly, costs more to be moved before next offseason - should be moved on from right now.

You're going to get 2-3 new WR's. Way more likely than not, a 1st Round WR. Probably a FA, possibly like Hollywood Brown that you like. That's pretty exciting. I don't get why reality isn't exciting enough for you that you have to fantasize and post about the unfeasible.

Look I like Diggs. I’d just assume keep Diggs. But, I don’t believe he wants to be here anymore. If that’s the case, I’d rather move him while his value is still reasonably high and before the situation gets worse.

a fresh start could be great for Allen

We should approach the offseason like he’s not even on the roster. Look to sign a quality WR / trade for one + draft in Round 1 and ideally another in Rounds 2-4

If he does end up staying, fine

Diggs

_______ UFA / Trade

Round 1

Round 2-4 

Shakir (slot) 

Edited by Warriorspikes51

23 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Look I like Diggs. I’d just assume keep Diggs. But, I don’t believe he wants to be here anymore. If that’s the case, I’d rather move him while his value is still reasonably high and before the situation gets worse.

We should approach the offseason like he’s not even on the roster. Look to sign a quality WR / trade for one + draft in Round 1 and ideally another in Rounds 2-4

.... why should we approach this offseason like he's not on the roster? Like, he literally is. I guarantee you, Brandon Beane isn't approaching this offseason like Stefon Diggs isn't on the roster.

Don't fall for that nonsense thread. He was asked if he'll be here and said that's not up to him. That's it. Players around the league say the same thing all the time.

He wasn't asked if he wanted to be here and said he didn't. Don't be like the ones who are like "well he didn't say this, ergo he really means this, ergo he doesn't want to be here, ergo we should trade him". Absolute nonsense.

That thread is full of people who don't like him, are annoyed by a player who has any sort of personality quirks, want him gone, and want to come up with any reason to say he shouldn't be here.

Every year, people put on their tinfoil hat and read more into what he says or does and gets all hot and bothered in the knickers. Then what happens? Diggs tells the media that people need to stop putting words in his mouth (like he did last season when people were doing the same BS) and he shows up to work.

And let's say he did say he wanted a trade. So? You know who else really wanted a trade? Davante Adams. He was throwing sh-t fits on national TV. You were saying go get him. And? He didn't go anywhere. Why? Because if you have a Superstar under contract - you keep the Superstar.

While you and others try to come up with scenarios for him to leave, every fanbase and media member of teams around the league are fantasizing about trading for him. Reading into nonsense and praying that they could have Diggs. 

You don't want to trade players like that. Not only do we not want to, or have to, it would cost us money to do so. 

You shouldn't be saying "if he does end up staying - fine". You should want him to stay. He's still a #1 WR, who had a down half of a season due to injuries and a change in game planning from a new OC. Surround him with an actual WR or 2 to take some coverage away from him and he'll be able to do more. I know he's been here for 4 years and isn't a shiny new toy. But he's still a Superstar in this league and Josh's #1 target since Year 2.

TL;DR - Diggs hasn't said he doesn't want to be here, so don't make assumptions that he doesn't. He hates that. Don't operate like he won't be here, he's under contract and he will be. Be happy about that bc every fan of every other team wants him and for a reason.

23 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Diggs

_______ UFA / Trade

Round 1

Round 2-4 

Shakir (slot) 

That's exactly what we'll be doing. Closer to Round 4 than Round 2 though. We have too many starting holes to fill.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Diggs can be traded for a 19 mil cap savings postdated June 1st.  If done before that, the 31m dead cap would be a replacement of the 27 mil cap hit (or whatever exact #) he currently has. It is not in addition to.  

If the team believes a change is needed, the worst case is a negative difference of 3-4 million for this season. Next year, around a 22 mil hit yes. 

Sutton’s contract can be restructured for a 3.5 mil cap hit this season

Diggs was/is Josh go to guy everytime he needs a big play/1st down. What were we watching? I do agree on Davis

A bunch of trade downs here. Ended up giving up a 4th and 5th in next years draft but ended up taking a haul this year in the process. 

Troy Franklin

WR Oregon

Sedrick Van Pran

OC Georgia

Maason Smith

DT LSU

Khyree Jackson

CB Oregon

Jordan Jefferson

DT LSU

Jermaine Burton

WR Alabama

Zion Tupuola-Fetui

EDGE Washington

Tahj Washington

WR USC

Jawhar Jordan

RB Louisville

Omar Speights

LB LSU

Kitan Oladapo

S Oregon State

Evan Williams

S Oregon

Clark Barrington

OG Baylor

2025 GB 3rd

• Vomit 1

15 minutes ago, mrags said:

A bunch of trade downs here. Ended up giving up a 4th and 5th in next years draft but ended up taking a haul this year in the process. 

Troy Franklin

WR Oregon

Sedrick Van Pran

OC Georgia

Maason Smith

DT LSU

Khyree Jackson

CB Oregon

Jordan Jefferson

DT LSU

Jermaine Burton

WR Alabama

Zion Tupuola-Fetui

EDGE Washington

Tahj Washington

WR USC

Jawhar Jordan

RB Louisville

Omar Speights

LB LSU

Kitan Oladapo

S Oregon State

Evan Williams

S Oregon

Clark Barrington

OG Baylor

2025 GB 3rd

I am for trading back if possible, but I feel like the 3 WR we would likely be interested in (Thomas, Franklin, and Coleman) would not last beyond 35 at this point. Chiefs, Pats, and Arizona could all use some WR help and Carolina could benefit from another weapon for Bryce too.

i think if any of these 3 are “the guy” we sit tight at 28 and don’t risk it (I even see moving up as a possibility to make sure we get our guy like we did with DK last year). If those 3 are gone then trade back, get Legette in the mid 30’s, and use the remaining capital to move around and help get whomever else we can. We have too many holes and not enough money to ship all our picks away, but if we get at least 5 quality picks (starter and backups) we walk from this draft happy.

We absolutely need at least 1 WR, DT, and S. We should also try to get a LB and DE. After that? OC and double up on either DT or WR. Not necessarily saying to draft in that order (if a good WR falls to Rd 3 you go get him) but those should be priority.

8 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Trade: Diggs + 3rd in 25 (can become 2) + 6th to HOU for 23rd overall

23. WR Brian Thomas Jr

28. WR Troy Franklin

60. NT T’Vondre Sweat

98. Trade to DEN for WR Cortland Sutton

😎How much help does Josh Allen need?!🤣

put Sweat at flanker alternating with Shakir.

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Not even a 1% chance. 

It works if turn the cap off

• Haha (+1) 1

Which websites do you guys use for scouting reports? I used to use TDN but they stink ever since the founders left.

7 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Diggs

_______ UFA / Trade

Round 1

Round 2-4 

Shakir (slot) 

You don't eat 25M cap hits for fun. Diggs isn't going anywhere

• Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, KingBoots8 said:

I am for trading back if possible, but I feel like the 3 WR we would likely be interested in (Thomas, Franklin, and Coleman) would not last beyond 35 at this point. Chiefs, Pats, and Arizona could all use some WR help and Carolina could benefit from another weapon for Bryce too.

i think if any of these 3 are “the guy” we sit tight at 28 and don’t risk it (I even see moving up as a possibility to make sure we get our guy like we did with DK last year). If those 3 are gone then trade back, get Legette in the mid 30’s, and use the remaining capital to move around and help get whomever else we can. We have too many holes and not enough money to ship all our picks away, but if we get at least 5 quality picks (starter and backups) we walk from this draft happy.

We absolutely need at least 1 WR, DT, and S. We should also try to get a LB and DE. After that? OC and double up on either DT or WR. Not necessarily saying to draft in that order (if a good WR falls to Rd 3 you go get him) but those should be priority.

Agree 100%. I think in this mock the Pats took MHJ in the first round then went with QB in the 2nd. Might have been why we didn’t have to worry about them. I really like the format of Profootballnetwork.com but one thing I don’t like is you can’t go back and look at the entire draft to see who everyone picked. If you remember right at the end you can pause it and scroll through but it’s not ideal. 

I think the big WRs that were available at 28 were Mitchell, Legette, McConkey, Worthy, and Franklin. It must have been the Packers who traded with me. I I also had trade downs of 1-3 spots with the Giants and Panthers as well in there. Don’t remember the exact moves. Honestly I’d be good with any of those WRs. I think Franklin and Mitchell have the ability to be future #1s as early as their 2nd year. Putting Diggs at 2 or even tradable/cuttable if need be. If Mitchell or Franklin weren’t there I would have opted for Worthy or McConkey and then went with Devontez Walker, Rice, Polk, Wilson, or Burton to match up with my first choice. Doubling up on them to ensure that at least one of them takes the reins.

im not a huge fan of Legette, I just don’t see it. Don’t understand what everyone sees in him honestly. Even the pros say this guy is super fast and I don’t see that either. I watch highlights and never really see him separate and only a few times where he runs away from defenders. If he was there in rd 3 I’d take a flyer on him but I’m not sure I’d go with him before that. Maybe it’s just me idk. 

Also in this draft I tried to trade back into the early 50s to take Sweat as I think he’s going to be incredible. I tried with the Steelers, Rams, and Raiders. I think the Eagles took him at 53 which I don’t get. They seem pretty stacked at DT from what I remember. 

went with Van Pran as the heir to Morse. Seen nothing but great things about him. I was hoping to get DT McKinley at 99 but he was taken a few picks ahead of me. 

I’ll say one thing. I’m great at trading back to get extra picks but I’m not very good at moving up. Missed out on Sweat and then McKinley because I didn’t want to part with any of the extra picks I acquired. 

13 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

^ Yea go ahead and roll your eyes🤣

I’m just out here having fun!!! So what if it’s a 1% chance! It’s angels in the outfield season 

“it could happen”

I do love Thomas, Franklin & Sweat.  But the road to get those 3 might cost even more.

16 hours ago, mrags said:

Given the depth at WR and Safety, this is an ideal draft to trade down from the 1st to the early second to get an extra top-100 pick.

• Thank you (+1) 1