Lets support the new Staff and hope for the best.

44 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't need to hope. I actually never believed this year was a likely Superbowl year. Did they have a puncher's chance? Yes. They always do with Josh Allen. 

But I am way more optimistic at this stage than I was a year ago. I think we have started to see the development of Josh Allen era v2.0 with some young guys stepping up. 

I have higher expectations for the 2024 team than I did for the 2023 team. 

I was kinda at hope a year ago.  I am not at hope now. 

Agreed. I often say I feel that if we had a healthy Tre White on the field, it wouldn't have come down to :13 seconds.

The competition is so razor right in the Playoffs, losing just 1 star player can be the difference between winning and losing. Everyone deals with injuries. But the magnitude of ours over last season is not normal.

When Von Miller and Micah Hyde didn't return to form and then we lost Matt Milano for the year, I felt that ruined our chances of overcoming the best teams.

Winning the division, securing the 2nd seed, and winning a home playoff game seemed a damn miracle to me.

But I knew going against the Chiefs dynasty with the issues I mentioned, plus not having Christian Benford, Terrel Bernard, and Gabe Davis - down to our 3rd string MLB off the couch (who got hurt mid game), our 2nd String OLB (who was playing hurt already and got hurt again at the start of the game), and our other starting CB playing at *maybe* 50% - we had a "punchers chance" at the absolute most.

Honestly felt like we were playing with house money in the condition we were in. Next season if we can tweak the roster and stay healthy, we're going to be in much better shape.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

The promoted coordinators.  

McD will be the Defensive game day caller.  Babich will the his Defensive Curtis Modkin. (or Frazier, for that matter).  Brady will be what he was this past season---OC..    

• Vomit 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

McD will be the Defensive game day caller.  Babich will the his Defensive Curtis Modkin. (or Frazier, for that matter).  Brady will be what he was this past season---OC..    

Just get in line and support. Stop your bellyaching. 

• Haha (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Frazier called the plays. I don't think Babich will. Brady will be what he was the 2nd half of this season. But he will have the spring and summer to install his version of this offense.

This fan base is just so worn out, every year it’s just blind support and hope for so many.  I guess that’s why Pegula feels no pressure to actually win a Super Bowl.  For Terry hope is just as profitable as doing what it takes for Super Bowl level success.

But sure, just run it back the same again and hope we get lucky some year.  Sounds like a good plan.  Go Bills.

• Vomit 1

8 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Frazier called the plays. I don't think Babich will. Brady will be what he was the 2nd half of this season. But he will have the spring and summer to install his version of this offense.

he will have to replace/reload the receiver room to do whatever that is, I would imagine

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I hope babich is allowed to call his defense.  Otherwise he should have taken a DC job with someone else.  Just a title means nothing.

5 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

I hope babich is allowed to call his defense.  Otherwise he should have taken a DC job with someone else.  Just a title means nothing.

I bet he’s a smart guy with an agent and advisors. I think he knew his best path. 

• Like (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, Billsflyer12 said:

This fan base is just so worn out, every year it’s just blind support and hope for so many.  I guess that’s why Pegula feels no pressure to actually win a Super Bowl.  For Terry hope is just as profitable as doing what it takes for Super Bowl level success.

But sure, just run it back the same again and hope we get lucky some year.  Sounds like a good plan.  Go Bills.

this is not supportive. Did you read the thread.  

27 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

why do posters assume he turned down other jobs? 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

why do posters assume he turned down other jobs? 

Yea very possible the Bills were the first to offer him DC. At that point if you reject that and come up empty elswhere then you feel pretty foolish. There is a very real game of chicken going on here.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Blind faith, huh?

Has it come to that?

1 hour ago, BullBuchanan said:

hit me back in 2025. It's now been two seasons in a row where we haven't been playing great football, and I don't see a Super Bowl as likely next year either. We have a lot of inexperienced staff, aging vets, big holes to fill on our team and a bunch of cap tied up. We're going to need 2 very good drafts with elite talent on rookie deals to re-open another window, imo.

Oh no whatever shall we do this season without the usual positivity we're used to seeing from you two.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Oh no whatever shall we do this season without the usual positivity we're used to seeing from you two.

I'll be positive when the team stops regressing and shows progress. Until then, it's irresponsible to be positive in my book.

I just can't believe and get behind this HC.

He's shown time and time again that he's Doug Collins 2.0.

I'll save my time and money next season and look forward to a new regime hopefully this time next year.

Very sad situation going on right now with this organization. Wasting away the best player that's ever put on a Bills jersey to a defensive conservative HC who's defenses get shredded in crunch time year after year.

With BB, Vrabel, and Ben Johnson on the market, it's insanity rolling with this guy yet ANOTHER year. 

4 hours ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

I get it. I get the angst, frustration, sadness, depression, anger and flat out rage at our season ending AGAIN in a Divisional playoff game. I have been a fan since Jim Kelly joined the team in 1986' so I get it.  I was so pissed that Simon had to get in my ass for venting 110X or more in 24 hours, so I understand. This is our team, and we love them. We love them so much they raise us to heaven or send us straight to hell depending on the outcome of a game or a season.

We cant not and will not quit.  We have two new coordinators that we all pray will make some needed changes for this coming season that will get us over the hump.  We hope Coach McDermott and Brandon Beane understand we must get Josh better weapons and we must shore up the deficiencies on the DL. Many draft picks, FA acquisitions just haven't panned out.  We will also need at least 1 more safety and maybe a CB or two.

But... Brandon Beane really has nailed some draft picks lately, last year especially.  I hope he better understands how to evaluate and scout for what we need and from last years first two picks, I have to believe he has.  McDermott hopefully will let go of the reigns a little and let the new coordinator's do their thing.

Faith is a very hard thing to come by in the best of times, and really hard when we are Bills fans.  But we must BILLieve that this coming year we turn the corner and finally get to the big show and win it.

Chicago Fire GIF by Wolf Entertainment

2 hours ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Tough call here.  I’d rather have mcdermott because I know he’s a good play caller.  I feel Babich can stand to learn a lot still and mcdermott is a great mentor for him

I’m not against Babich calling plays but I’m more comfortable with McD.  if Babich does call the plays, I look forward to watching him grow as a DC and play caller.  He seems like a great football mind as well as a leader. I’m glad we retained him

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.