Jim Harbaugh getting 80M over 5 years from Chargers

Gregg

2 minutes ago, Gregg said:

2nd highest paid coach in the NFL. Although Michigan did offer more money. He wants a Lombardi along with a National Championship.

This is true … but Bill B was estimated $20-25m a year 

Edited by Aussie Joe
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, H2o said:

But Harbaugh will make more of an impact and it doesn't count towards the Salary Cap. :thumbsup:

I think that's the point that I was trying to make. Impact coaches are a bargain compared to highly paid guys at lower-impact positions. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

It's not like Coaches money goes against the cap, if you have the ownership it's fine....though I thought the Chargers were cheap/brokish like as broke as any of these Billionaires can actually be.

They get a cut of the concessions and parking from all the visting team fans going to Charger games at Sofi

27 minutes ago, Gregg said:

2nd highest paid coach in the NFL. Although Michigan did offer more money. He wants a Lombardi along with a National Championship.

He wants to leave the ncaa investigations and punishments bc he’s a cheater

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 2
  • Dislike 2

15 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

It's not like Coaches money goes against the cap, if you have the ownership it's fine....though I thought the Chargers were cheap/brokish like as broke as any of these Billionaires can actually be.

Changing this narrative, and trying to find some relevance in the LA market,  were the two reasons given that they went at Harbaugh so hard  

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.