Why the Josh Allen hate (draft reaction)?

Gman10

As an anti-Allen pre draft my concern in watching his college highlights it felt like he relied on his athletic traits. Usually when get to the NFL it gets equalled out. Toss in bad completion percentage and low level Conference. One thing pre draft writeups didn't cover is his willingness to improve/accountability/drive to succeed/leadership etc. I've never been happy to be so wrong when I muttered "Wrong Josh" after the selection of Allen.

I'm sure there were plenty of bad reactions but that compilation video from a year ago is definitely focused on as many bad ones as it could find.

I remember when the Giants drafted Daniel Jones, man the live broadcast could not hide that reaction.

6 minutes ago, Westside said:

Ahhhhh……..the good ol’ days!

Nah the good ol' days was ICE wanting to fire everyone in sight after a loss 😄 or the board getting Jay Rosen'd or endless Belinda posts.

Edited by The Jokeman
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Process said:

Everyone wanted this guy 

QqtMUfpD_400x400.jpg

I thought all four of the top guys had a good chance to be very successful. But I had wrong Josh here as my third preference, and Allen as my fourth. That didn't work out quite so well, looking back.

But plenty argued with me that Allen had no shot. I argued he really did. At least I was right on that.

Many people absolutely hated the Allen choice. Many didn't, but many did.

11 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

You don’t have to wonder what people thought. Here it all is in glorious detail:

Is there a way to search to see if a user made a post in a certain thread? I want to see if I posted in there but don't want to look through 100 pages lol.

3 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

People believed all the draft experts … 

That and Rosen felt Brady esque in that he didn't have an elite arm but was good at reading defenses. Able to lead his team back (see win at USC). He just seemed to be the safest QB to draft. 

• Agree 1

22 minutes ago, KentuckyBillsFan said:

I’m not right often but I was thrilled when we took him. His physical traits were elite. He just needed some refinement. People just listened to the “experts” on ESPN. 

Some at ESPN hated him. Others loved him. Kiper loved him.

Yes, his traits were elite. Everyone knew that. Know who else had elite traits? JaMarcus Russell.

Traits aren't everything. They absolutely are something. A very real part of what makes a great QB. But they aren't the final word by any measure.

There were real concerns with Josh for people who weren't thinking he'd succeed. His completion percentage was a real red flag, a legitimate cause for worry. Most QBs with low completion percentages in college don't succeed in raising that percentage much. But a few have, as I pointed out over and over. Kiper among others thought he could improve it.

This wasn't all about the experts. It was plenty about people, including ordinary fans, believing that red flag was a picture of the future. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.