The massive incentive for the NFL to keep the Chiefs in the Super Bowl

The 9 Isles

15 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Yeah, I really don’t think the NFL cares enough about a pop-star to rig the entire league in the Chiefs favor.

There are 31 other billionaires that wouldn’t be happy with that. And for many of them ego > money.

Also, its the Super Bowl. People are going to watch it if it had the Panthers and Texans 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Yeah a Bills-Lions Super Bowl would have drawn a lot of interest, Chiefs-49er who really ***** cares.

It's no different than the crowd that insists the NFL is rigged. If it was teams like the Bills/Lions/Browns with dedicated fanbases would have gotten their day in the sun to milk every dollar out of it. David vs Goliath sells. Bills Mafia travels and spends stupid amounts of money. 

It all boils down to people needing to find a reason their team didn't win. The fix is in. It was rigged. Refs. Taylor Swift. I miss the days where when someone lost or a teams lost it wasn't a million whiney reasons. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Nobody actually believes these theories.  If they did, they'd be driving around in Bentleys they bought with their gambling winnings.  Kansas City was underdogs in the last two games and again in the Superbowl.  If you know it's rigged, STFU and collect your free money.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Who is the NFL?  It is made up of 32 owners and a league office with a commissioner heading it up selected by those owners.   I definitely think Terry Pegula fully supported the Bills losing a close one so Taylor Swift fans could watch the super bowl, makes total and complete sense.  

• Haha (+1) 2

As I said in another thread in this forum on this topic, the notion that young teen/20 something girls are all of a sudden watching ALL three hours of an NFL game just so they can see a few seconds of TS in a suite is absurd. And I don’t think they’re buying up tickets at Chiefs games either. Yes, many of these rabid TS fans probably did run out and but Chiefs gear, because they are young and easily manipulated, but I don’t think those sales amount to anywhere near $330 million.

Really not sure why the networks who show NFL games keep showing her and hyping their relationship. Plenty of NFL players have dated celebrity women, but they never got the coverage that TS is getting.

2 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

As I said in another thread in this forum on this topic, the notion that young teen/20 something girls are all of a sudden watching ALL three hours of an NFL game just so they can see a few seconds of TS in a suite is absurd. And I don’t think they’re buying up tickets at Chiefs games either. Yes, many of these rabid TS fans probably did run out and but Chiefs gear, because they are young and easily manipulated, but I don’t think those sales amount to anywhere near $330 million.

Really not sure why the networks who show NFL games keep showing her and hyping their relationship. Plenty of NFL players have dated celebrity women, but they never got the coverage that TS is getting.

Zach may be terrible on the field, but he is doing OK off it.

https://nypost.com/2024/01/29/sports/jets-zach-wilson-vacations-with-girlfriend-nicolette-dellanno/

1 hour ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

It's no different than the crowd that insists the NFL is rigged. If it was teams like the Bills/Lions/Browns with dedicated fanbases would have gotten their day in the sun to milk every dollar out of it. David vs Goliath sells. Bills Mafia travels and spends stupid amounts of money. 

It all boils down to people needing to find a reason their team didn't win. The fix is in. It was rigged. Refs. Taylor Swift. I miss the days where when someone lost or a teams lost it wasn't a million whiney reasons. 

There has always been a million whiney reasons and a million people whining about each one, there just wasn’t an outlet for it. You think people back in the 70’s and 80’s didn’t complain about the Steelers, cowboys, and 49ers? Absolutely they did, they just couldn’t do it for the whole world to see 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

There has always been a million whiney reasons and a million people whining about each one, there just wasn’t an outlet for it. You think people back in the 70’s and 80’s didn’t complain about the Steelers, cowboys, and 49ers? Absolutely they did, they just couldn’t do it for the whole world to see 

Not to the degree it's become. No.

Yes it's gotten more heavily spread with the internet. But no, people weren't crying "rigged". People weren't inventing every excuse they could. We live in a negative society that deflects all blame.

Case in point, the Bills have the Greatest Comeback in Playoff history." Every angle every coverage bI have seen about that game is about how the Bills came back...but it's never about how the Oilers choked. Go back as far a last Sunday. Narratives aren't the Chiefs won...it's Lamar chokes. It's not that the 49ers came back. It's that Detroit choked. Nobody will give credit to anyone these days. Easier to just be negative then build a positive. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On hand you can look at the Chiefs magically being a different team in the playoffs as simply being a champion that drudged through the regular season and waited to turn the switch on when it actually matters, but on the other it's almost like a script playing out exactly how it was written months ago.

And most said all along that there was no way the NFL was not letting this Taylor Swift show continue all the way to the superbowl. They (myself included) were 100% right. And still think this entire thing is sham and don't believe for a second that Swift and Kelce have any real romantic type relationship.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

8 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

"Conspiracy theories aside, here's another conspiracy theory."

Right up there with "I don't mean to sound racist....... BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT *insert racist comment*"

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

20 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

On hand you can look at the Chiefs magically being a different team in the playoffs as simply being a champion that drudged through the regular season and waited to turn the switch on when it actually matters, but on the other it's almost like a script playing out exactly how it was written months ago.

And most said all along that there was no way the NFL was not letting this Taylor Swift show continue all the way to the superbowl. They (myself included) were 100% right. And still think this entire thing is sham and don't believe for a second that Swift and Kelce have any real romantic type relationship.

What kinds of reactions did you get over on the dolphins message boards when you posted this? 

• Shocked 1

8 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

The article simply lays out facts and quotes from the league commissioner. 

The snarky fans on here insulting everyone who doesn’t agree with their view of a multi-million dollar business is laughable. 

It’s all conversation no need to get your panties in a knot defending billionaires, politely disagree if you’d like and move on. 

I just thought it was an interesting angle on one of the biggest football related stories of the year. 

jeesh. 

17 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

If I had a dollar for every "conspiracy theory" from the last 50 years that turned out to be true, I'd have a lot of dollars.

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

If I had a dollar for every "conspiracy theory" from the last 50 years that turned out to be true, I'd have a lot of dollars.

And if you lost a dollar for every one that turned out to be false, you'd be in the red.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.