Taylor Swift

5 minutes ago, LeviF said:

Who’s upset? Whoever chooses to become an evolutionary dead end is welcome to do so. But their opinions should not be taken at all seriously. If you have no stake in the future of the country you should have no say in the future of the country. 

I don't think it's possible to be more narrow-minded than this. 

First off, someone in their 30's could have 50-70 more years left on this planet. They could also have nephews, nieces, have students they've taught, children of friends, or even just flat out care about the next generation of people. What about people that are "evolutionary dead-end"'s that can't have children? What about people whose children have passed away or have children that don't want children? All of these people should be left without an opinion or say? And parents that are deadbeats or even just bad at what they do, using your logic, should? 

I'm in the middle politically because I don't like either party but it's nonsense like this that reminds of me why I could never be a Conservative. 

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

I don't think it's possible to be more narrow-minded than this. 

First off, someone in their 30's could have 50-70 more years left on this planet. They could also have nephews, nieces, have students they've taught, children of friends, or even just flat out care about the next generation of people. What about people that are "evolutionary dead-end"'s that can't have children? What about people whose children have passed away or have children that don't want children? All of these people should be left without an opinion or say? And parents that are deadbeats or even just bad at what they do, using your logic, should? 

I'm in the middle politically because I don't like either party but it's nonsense like this that reminds of me why I could never be a Conservative. 

I don't care for Taylor Swift, never have. Now I feel you Dems are saying I have to care for her? I really don't get it.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

I don't care for Taylor Swift, never have. Now I feel you Dems are saying I have to care for her? I really don't get it.

When did I say that? I literally made a post about how Celebrity endorsements don't impact elections at all and that nobody needs to care about Taylor Swift. The post I made that you're replying to was in response to someone who said people who don't have kids should have no say in the future of the country. 

Edited by HomeskillitMoorman

10 minutes ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

When did I say that? I literally made a post about how Celebrity endorsements don't impact elections at all and that nobody needs to care about Taylor Swift. The post I made that you're replying to was in response to someone who said people who don't have kids should have no say in the future of the country. 

Sure felt like you were speaking to conservatives as opposed to one poster.  Thanks for clarifying.

8 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Stolen, right? 

And Biden is way lesser of the two evils 

A good president in fact, as opposed to the garbage president Trump 

So you condon *****? Not very surprised to be honest. 

1 hour ago, LeviF said:

Who’s upset? Whoever chooses to become an evolutionary dead end is welcome to do so. But their opinions should not be taken at all seriously. If you have no stake in the future of the country you should have no say in the future of the country. 

Maybe we should give Mormons some extra votes since they tend to have a lot of kids?

Or how about counting the votes of the childless by some fractional amount. 3/5 maybe?

Facts.  But, this is still a sham relationship.    

Because they know it’s an admission of how stupid they are and that their positions are all a disaster.   

Can’t relate with ideas you need judges to cement into law.  So turn to popular culture.  

Which isn’t popular.  And isn’t culture.  

16 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Facts.  But, this is still a sham relationship.    

Because they know it’s an admission of how stupid they are and that their positions are all a disaster.   

Can’t relate with ideas you need judges to cement into law.  So turn to popular culture.  

Which isn’t popular.  And isn’t culture.  

You people are obsessed with raving nonsense. Any psychologist would write you a prescription for a rope after seeing these things you post 

“it’s a government psyop!!!” Screech people exposed repeatedly to agent orange 

Edited by Roundybout
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

You people are obsessed with raving nonsense. Any psychologist would write you a prescription for a rope after seeing these things you post 

“it’s a government psyop!!!” Screech people exposed repeatedly to agent orange 

Do you believe their relationship is organic?

Just now, Big Blitz said:

Do you believe their relationship is organic?

Let’s see, is it two famous people having a fling, or is it a NATO-orchestrated/Soros-funded psyop to put subliminal messages in peoples minds to vote democrat? 

GEE WHIZ 

5 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Let’s see, is it two famous people having a fling, or is it a NATO-orchestrated/Soros-funded psyop to put subliminal messages in peoples minds to vote democrat? 

GEE WHIZ 

That wasn’t the question.  Just a simple yes or no.  Travis Kelce met Taylor Swift somehow and they hooked up.  

Natural.  Yes or no.  

4 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

That wasn’t the question.  Just a simple yes or no.  Travis Kelce met Taylor Swift somehow and they hooked up.  

Natural.  Yes or no.  

lmao - you need help 

EDIT:  On second thought, I can't actually figure out wtf is happening above so I'll withhold my sarcasm for later.

But to wit, it's a bit far fetched to think Kelce and Tay-Tay's relationship is a government psychological operation.  Surely anyone with common sense realizes that's Tinfoil Hat Territory.  

Edited by Capco
  • Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Natural.  Yes or no.  

Sure. No different from Josh and Hailee Steinfeld, or Brady and Giselle, or David Nelson and that one Cowboys cheerleader 

8 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

I don’t understand why this is a political issue or why people care so much. 

The culture war is dumb. 

You can tell these nerds haven’t watched a single game in their lives. These are the guys that got dumped in lockers as kids 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, LeviF said:

Could you explain a little bit more of this evolutionary dead end?

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

I don’t understand why this is a political issue or why people care so much. 

The culture war is dumb. 

Ah. It appears to be dumber than I originally thought. If it was simply that they were worried she would use her tremendous influence to help the Dems, that would make sense. But as with most things MAGA, it's just dumb as hell.

Taylor Swift, Travis Kelce and a MAGA Meltdown

"The conspiracy theories coming out of the Make America Great Again contingent were already legion: that Ms. Swift is a secret agent of the Pentagon; that she is bolstering her fan base in preparation for her endorsement of President Biden’s re-election; or that she and Mr. Kelce are a contrived couple, assembled to boost the N.F.L. or Covid vaccines or Democrats or whatever."

"The pro-Trump broadcaster Mike Crispi led off on Sunday by claiming that the National Football League is “rigged” in order to spread “Democrat propaganda”: “Calling it now: KC wins, goes to Super Bowl, Swift comes out at the halftime show and ‘endorses’ Joe Biden with Kelce at midfield.”

"Some of the Monday morning quarterbacking has been downright silly, including speculation that Ms. Swift is after Mr. Kelce for his money. (Her net worth exceeds $1 billion, a different universe than the athlete’s merely wealthy status."

"Other accusations appear to be driven by fear and grounded in some truth, or at least in her command of her 279 million Instagram followers: that she has enormous influence, and has supported Democrats in the past. For much of her extensive music career, Ms. Swift avoided politics, but in 2018, she endorsed two Democrats in Tennessee, where she owns two homes: former Gov. Phil Bredesen, who was running for the Senate against then-Representative Marsha Blackburn, and Jim Cooper, a House member who has since retired."

"Then Swift-bashing reached Fox News in mid-January. The host Jesse Watters suggested the superstar was a Defense Department asset engaging in psychological warfare. He tied Ms. Swift’s political voice with her boyfriend’s Pfizer endorsement to the remarkable success of her Eras tour, which bolstered local economies and landed her on the cover of Time."

“Have you ever wondered why or how she blew up like this?” Mr. Watters wondered on air. “Well, around four years ago, the Pentagon psychological operations unit floated turning Taylor Swift into an asset during a NATO meeting.”

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Tommy Callahan said:

I'm just seeing the left targeting uneducated people with an uneducated "starlet"

It is what it is

Mechanical engineering.  Focus on automated cells lately.

Ahh very cool!  Where'd you go to school?  I got my ChemE at UB.  (sorry if you mentioned it before and I forgot)

Also, it's a very strange flex to attempt to knock the most difficult of the undergraduate fields of study, @Joe Ferguson forever.  Mr. Farley and I are not on the same side of the fence and yet I've found him to be very reasonable in our discussions.  I tend to like the points you bring up, and you don't need to go below the belt to do so.  

Granted, idk the history between you two.  I just prefer genuine discourse to poo-flinging.  

• Like (+1) 1

I fully understand what Trump land is doing.  

They want to get out in front of her endorsement of Biden (probably around September) by doing exactly what Commies do.  

He’s employing Alinsky tactics.  

Alinsky would find an external antagonist to "Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it.  To turn into a "common enemy" for the community within which he was operating. Often, this would be a local politician or agency that had some involvement with activity concerning the community.

Once the enemy was established, the community would come together in opposition of it. This management of conflict heightened awareness within the community as to the similarities its members shared as well as what differentiated them from those outside of their organization. The use of conflict also allowed for the goal of the group to be clearly defined. With an established external antagonist, the community's goal would be to defeat that enemy.

Symbol construction helped to promote structured organization, which allowed for nonviolent conflict through another element in Alinsky's teaching, direct action. Direct action created conflict situations that further established the unity of the community and promoted the accomplishment of achieving the community's goal of defeating their common enemy.

5. "Ridicule is man's most potent weapon. There is no defense. It is almost impossible to counterattack ridicule. Also it infuriates the opposition, who then react to your advantage."

13. "Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it."

Make Swift decide to alienate half her fans.  Second guess an endorsement that Trump knows is pointless but will serve the following:

To rally the rest of his base that is absolutely fractured (people like me that think this entire country is a laughingstock led by Communists aligned with China and this election is pathetic) to come back actively into the fold.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

To rally the rest of his base that is absolutely fractured (people like me that think this entire country is a laughingstock led by Communists aligned with China and this election is pathetic) to come back actively into the fold.  

I'm a little confused.  

Where are you on the political spectrum?  Party affiliation?  Some general political beliefs?  

7 hours ago, Capco said:

I'm a little confused.  

Where are you on the political spectrum?  Party affiliation?  Some general political beliefs?  

American.  

I can’t tell you what Anti American is but I know it when I see it.   

Not trying to be flippant I’m basically anti Communist.  

• Haha (+1) 2

9 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

I fully understand what Trump land is doing.  

They want to get out in front of her endorsement of Biden (probably around September) by doing exactly what Commies do.  

He’s employing Alinsky tactics.  

Alinsky would find an external antagonist to "Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it.  To turn into a "common enemy" for the community within which he was operating. Often, this would be a local politician or agency that had some involvement with activity concerning the community.

Once the enemy was established, the community would come together in opposition of it. This management of conflict heightened awareness within the community as to the similarities its members shared as well as what differentiated them from those outside of their organization. The use of conflict also allowed for the goal of the group to be clearly defined. With an established external antagonist, the community's goal would be to defeat that enemy.

Symbol construction helped to promote structured organization, which allowed for nonviolent conflict through another element in Alinsky's teaching, direct action. Direct action created conflict situations that further established the unity of the community and promoted the accomplishment of achieving the community's goal of defeating their common enemy.

5. "Ridicule is man's most potent weapon. There is no defense. It is almost impossible to counterattack ridicule. Also it infuriates the opposition, who then react to your advantage."

13. "Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it."

Make Swift decide to alienate half her fans.  Second guess an endorsement that Trump knows is pointless but will serve the following:

Disagree with your last paragraph but I think this is solid analysis 

4 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

This thread pulled all the swifties in the place.  

I thought her demo was teen and young women. 

All the uneducated angry men seem to sure use her name as a curse word, especially Public Criminal #1 Trump... she's drawing more attention from the Orange Cheeto. The tissue companies' stock must be skyrocketing...

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1

1 minute ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

All the uneducated angry men seem to sure use her name as a curse word, especially Public Criminal #1 Trump... she's drawing more attention from the Orange Cheeto. The tissue companies' stock must be skyrocketing...

You live in a failed state and support the current thing and seem to be triggered by any comments about your hero.  

Another triggered Swifty.  And the sad part is you are probably an adult. 

• Agree 1

Also Taylor Swift is the ultimate capitalist - release 9 different versions of her latest album and market them as “rare and collectible” so her fans buy them all. Same with her Time magazine cover or turning her tour into a movie. She knows how to make money. She’s the furthest thing from a communist lol

• Like (+1) 3
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

American.  

I can’t tell you what Anti American is but I know it when I see it.   

Not trying to be flippant I’m basically anti Communist.  

If you're a troll, this is 5-star work and I'll just let you carry on.  

The fact that I can't truly tell if you are is what makes it masterful.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

Ah. It appears to be dumber than I originally thought. If it was simply that they were worried she would use her tremendous influence to help the Dems, that would make sense. But as with most things MAGA, it's just dumb as hell.

Taylor Swift, Travis Kelce and a MAGA Meltdown

"The conspiracy theories coming out of the Make America Great Again contingent were already legion: that Ms. Swift is a secret agent of the Pentagon; that she is bolstering her fan base in preparation for her endorsement of President Biden’s re-election; or that she and Mr. Kelce are a contrived couple, assembled to boost the N.F.L. or Covid vaccines or Democrats or whatever."

"The pro-Trump broadcaster Mike Crispi led off on Sunday by claiming that the National Football League is “rigged” in order to spread “Democrat propaganda”: “Calling it now: KC wins, goes to Super Bowl, Swift comes out at the halftime show and ‘endorses’ Joe Biden with Kelce at midfield.”

"Some of the Monday morning quarterbacking has been downright silly, including speculation that Ms. Swift is after Mr. Kelce for his money. (Her net worth exceeds $1 billion, a different universe than the athlete’s merely wealthy status."

"Other accusations appear to be driven by fear and grounded in some truth, or at least in her command of her 279 million Instagram followers: that she has enormous influence, and has supported Democrats in the past. For much of her extensive music career, Ms. Swift avoided politics, but in 2018, she endorsed two Democrats in Tennessee, where she owns two homes: former Gov. Phil Bredesen, who was running for the Senate against then-Representative Marsha Blackburn, and Jim Cooper, a House member who has since retired."

"Then Swift-bashing reached Fox News in mid-January. The host Jesse Watters suggested the superstar was a Defense Department asset engaging in psychological warfare. He tied Ms. Swift’s political voice with her boyfriend’s Pfizer endorsement to the remarkable success of her Eras tour, which bolstered local economies and landed her on the cover of Time."

“Have you ever wondered why or how she blew up like this?” Mr. Watters wondered on air. “Well, around four years ago, the Pentagon psychological operations unit floated turning Taylor Swift into an asset during a NATO meeting.”

Crazy! 

12 hours ago, Capco said:

Ahh very cool!  Where'd you go to school?  I got my ChemE at UB.  (sorry if you mentioned it before and I forgot)

Also, it's a very strange flex to attempt to knock the most difficult of the undergraduate fields of study, @Joe Ferguson forever.  Mr. Farley and I are not on the same side of the fence and yet I've found him to be very reasonable in our discussions.  I tend to like the points you bring up, and you don't need to go below the belt to do so.  

Granted, idk the history between you two.  I just prefer genuine discourse to poo-flinging.  

i didn't knock engineering.  I cast doubt on his assertion given that he posts here almost continually and that others here in the cult have lied about their career. Is it not true that many Engineering jobs are now gig jobs?  My nephew graduated Berkley a couple years ago as a chem e and has worked a series of them with no permanent employer.

"difficult" is a subjective term.  It takes very different skill sets to master and understand different fields.  One is not better than the other but all undergraduate degrees should prepare one to write and communicate clearly, precisely and efficiently.  it's not tommy's forte....

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Capco said:

South campus? I did my Masters in Urban Planning at UB and I would duck into the engineering building every once in a while, mostly to use the bathroom when I didn’t feel like walking all the way to Hayes lol

1 hour ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

i didn't knock engineering.  I cast doubt on his assertion given that he posts here almost continually and that others here in the cult have lied about their career. Is it not true that many Engineering jobs are now gig jobs?  My nephew graduated Berkley a couple years ago as a chem e and has worked a series of them with no permanent employer.

"difficult" is a subjective term.  It takes very different skill sets to master and understand different fields.  One is not better than the other but all undergraduate degrees should prepare one to write and communicate clearly, precisely and efficiently.  it's not tommy's forte....

I guess I incorrectly attributed your suspicions of his claim to a knock on the profession itself considering the whole tone of the post.  I believe you're right that engineering jobs are more gig oriented, but that's a general trend in the economy overall, and one perpetuated by employers seeking to cut costs for higher profits, so I didn't see the point in bringing it up fwiw.  

While difficulty is subjective at some level, here's one objective way to gauge difficulty:  the amount of hours the average student studies sorted by discipline.  By that measure, engineering students put in more hours per week into studying than any other undergraduate field. 

And fwiw, I always wrote and edited all of the group projects I had, primarily because the other 3 routinely loathed writing.  They also tended to be more socially awkward than average, which doesn't help communication skills either.  That's not to say I don't agree with your general expectations of education on one's communication skills, but like you said it takes different skill sets to master different fields, and most of engineering does not involve working on one's communication skills.  

52 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

South campus? I did my Masters in Urban Planning at UB and I would duck into the engineering building every once in a while, mostly to use the bathroom when I didn’t feel like walking all the way to Hayes lol

North.  I never got to see the old buildings at the South Campus :(  Most of my lectures were in Knox Hall or Furnas Hall.  

That's funny about the bathroom shortcut though lol.  When did you get your masters?

• Like (+1) 1

On Travis Kelce and the creation/marketing of his "brand":

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/01/02/style/travis-kelce-managers-agent.html

A cynic might say that Kelce is using Taylor in furtherance of his brand and his mission to be "as big as The Rock."

That's kinda different from saying that the NFL fixed the playoff games to make sure KC was in the Super Bowl and that the NFL somehow manufactured the relationship.

44 minutes ago, Capco said:

North.  I never got to see the old buildings at the South Campus :(  Most of my lectures were in Knox Hall or Furnas Hall.  

That's funny about the bathroom shortcut though lol.  When did you get your masters?

Oh sure, my girlfriend at the time (now wife) did law school on north so I was over there a lot. I actually did most of my research and assignments in Lockwood Library rather than Abbott Library on South, which was always filled with annoying med students lol

I graduated a few years back. Always glad to meet another UB alum

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, The Frankish Reich said:

On Travis Kelce and the creation/marketing of his "brand":

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/01/02/style/travis-kelce-managers-agent.html

A cynic might say that Kelce is using Taylor in furtherance of his brand and his mission to be "as big as The Rock."

That's kinda different from saying that the NFL fixed the playoff games to make sure KC was in the Super Bowl and that the NFL somehow manufactured the relationship.

I'd say all this Taylor Swift activity is completely motivated by $$$$$$$$$$.  Personally, I don't find her music or performances appealing but I'm not her target audience.  What little I know about her core musical theme is that its mostly relationship break up stuff.   After all these failed relationships, maybe she should entertain the idea that it might be her.  My guess is she finds Kelce's family to be crude and boorish represented at the fringe of decency by Jason's shirtless display of idiocy at the Stadium.  I see another break up song in the making here.  Maybe "You played in the Super Bowl and played me too".

• Haha (+1) 1