Please pray for my wife

whorlnut

My condolences to your family.

Long term, please consider family/individual counseling to help navigate this, especially for children, but for you, too. I raised two kids myself from ages 7 and 11. I did the best I could, but there are things I couldn't 'see' that they needed more help than what I could provide alone. They are adults now, and are both doing well, but they went through some hard times that could have been better with some professional assistance.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

• BuffaloBill changed the title to Please pray for my wife (current thread on main page)
  • BuffaloBill locked this topic
10 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

Just got off the phone with Gift of Life. They said everything went “amazing” last night. Because of Jill, 5 people now have hope. This trajedy has a happy outcome for so many others. She was a special person. 

If you are not an organ donor right now, please consider it. I wasn’t, but will be after this. The thought that my wife’s heart is still beating is such a HUGE step in this healing process. 

God bless all of you. 

Scott

You are generous and amazing.

And your wife truly was a special person, who chose a special spouse.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

You are generous and amazing.

And your wife truly was a special person, who chose a special spouse.

Thank You for saying that. I didn’t always show it, or act like it, but I loved her. Dealing with a lot of remorse that it took this to realize some of these things 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

Thank You for saying that. I didn’t always show it, or act like it, but I loved her. Dealing with a lot of remorse that it took this to realize some of these things 

We are all human, and we do our best. That’s all any of us can do. She is at peace now, and I hope you can find peace as well. Instead of remorse, try to turn it into enlightenment. That way there is more good to come of this tragic event, like the people who will benefit from the donated organs. 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, whorlnut said:

Just got off the phone with Gift of Life. They said everything went “amazing” last night. Because of Jill, 5 people now have hope. This trajedy has a happy outcome for so many others. She was a special person. 

If you are not an organ donor right now, please consider it. I wasn’t, but will be after this. The thought that my wife’s heart is still beating is such a HUGE step in this healing process. 

God bless all of you. 

Scott

Just became one this year! Bless you and your family through this terrible time. She must have been an angel on earth for all the love you've showed for her. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, whorlnut said:

God bless all of you. 

Scott

OMG that has the waterworks flowing over here... such a tremendous gift. 

• Like (+1) 1

Scott, You're willingness to share this tragic journey with all of us has been beyond impressive. It's clear that your wonderful wife had a tremendous influence on who you are today. Please take some solice that this gift will stay with you forever and continue to provide you the strength you will need in the coming months. It's so uplifting to know that there has been something positive to come from such a sad event. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.