Meanwhile over at Russel Street Report (Ravens Fan Forum)

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

All in all I'd rather have the guy who play his ass off in the playoffs like Allen than Lamar who had one good playoff game ever and then followed it up with another mostly stinker

Ironically I felt like Lamar was less inclined today to put matters into his own legs than Josh typically is. 

Bottom line for me today was that the Ravens lost in large part due to undisciplined/stupid penalties. 

• Like (+1) 2

55 minutes ago, H2o said:

Lamar is solid, and he is a great athlete, but he never has been, nor will he ever be the passer that JA is. That's just a fact most of the bobbleheads on TV will never admit.

Today, the Flowers fumble at the goal line killed their chances. That KC defense is playing well. I knew Lamar would have trouble. With all of the talent in the AFC, I just don't see Lamar ever getting a SB. He's not on the level of Mahomes, Allen, and Burrow. 

he’s an excellent football player

hes a very good quarterback

Very good quarterbacks will have a tough time in January. Especially once off rookie deals.

More threads:

Is Harbuagh growing stale? is he a problem?
https://forum.russellstreetreport.com/showthread.php?251213-Is-Harbuagh-growing-stale-is-he-a-problem

John Harbaugh is a repeat offender
https://forum.russellstreetreport.com/showthread.php?259580-John%26%2312288%3BHarbaugh%26%2312288%3Bis%26%2312288%3Ba%26%2312288%3Brepeat%26%2312288%3Boffender

Can’t even really blame the Coaches
https://forum.russellstreetreport.com/showthread.php?259480-Can%92t-even-really-blame-the-Coaches

6 total carries!
https://forum.russellstreetreport.com/showthread.php?259549-6-total-carries!

We are overreacting. The Chiefs have gone to the Super Bowl 4 of the last 5 seasons.
https://forum.russellstreetreport.com/showthread.php?259558-We-are-overreacting-The-Chiefs-have-gone-to-the-Super-Bowl-4-of-the-last-5-seasons

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, BeastMaster said:

Once again we saw what smart people know, and that's that Allen, Burrow, and Mahomes are the real top 3 QB's in the game

Lamar isn't in their class, and the playoff performances along with the stats bear that out

Another MVP for a guy that is riding his team's defense until he gets outplayed by the Allen's and Mahomes' of the league when it matters most 

CJ is knocking on the door & will be let in the room long before Lamar.  

2 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

he’s an excellent football player

hes a very good quarterback

Very good quarterbacks will have a tough time in January. Especially once off rookie deals.

Could you explain why, please?

Sorry, am stupid.

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

All in all I'd rather have the guy who play his ass off in the playoffs like Allen than Lamar who had one good playoff game ever and then followed it up with another mostly stinker

Every season there are two MVPs - Mahomes and Allen. In seasons where neither of them get the #1 seed, the voters will justify giving it to someone else. But realistically it's those two and then everybody else.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 2

52 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Fake fans. Where were they all before 1996? 

Many of them were old Baltimore Colts fans who had their team ripped from them over a decade earlier & were starving for NFL football.  They are hardly fake fans.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

If Lamar wins the MVP it will be a joke. Then it just becomes the award to give to the QB on the team with the best record. He had a nice year but QBs are measured by productivity and how they perform under pressure. He has a history of coming up short in the playoffs. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Andy1 said:

If Lamar wins the MVP it will be a joke. Then it just becomes the award to give to the QB on the team with the best record. He had a nice year but QBs are measured by productivity and how they perform under pressure. He has a history of coming up short in the playoffs. 

The voting already happened. There is no if. He's the MVP. 

• Vomit 1

8 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Many of them were old Baltimore Colts fans who had their team ripped from them over a decade earlier & were starving for NFL football.  They are hardly fake fans.

I was being sarcastic

• Like (+1) 1

Lamar is terrible in the playoffs, just stinks.

Looking at that board linked, I legit think a fair number of the posters there are mentally handicapped.  Some were at least cogent, and some had what read like hilarious inside jokes about the excuses for Lamar.

2 minutes ago, colin said:

Lamar is terrible in the playoffs, just stinks.

Looking at that board linked, I legit think a fair number of the posters there are mentally handicapped.  Some were at least cogent, and some had what read like hilarious inside jokes about the excuses for Lamar.

Nothing like here!!!!

• Haha (+1) 1

I said this a lot during the MVP talks. Lamar has been absolutely blessed this year with an elite defense that creates a lot of turnovers and hurts the opponents. Outside of the Rams game all the Ravens game I watched were: Baltimore wasn't great offensively and the defense flipped the page and the offense started punching down. I think when it was 17-7 Chiefs it was the first time all year the Ravens were down by double digits. That's absolutely crazy imo. Flowers did fumble a TD but ultimately the MVP showed exactly why he shouldn't be MVP ever: he isn't an elite passer and every team that contains his rushing beats him in the playoffs

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

5 hours ago, Yobogoya! said:

I mean to be fair 31 teams’ message boards all end the year the same way. Only one gets to be the exception. 

Which means that 31 fan bases think their teams are worse than they actually are, and one fan base thinks its team is better than it actually is.  

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.