Det @ SF Game Thread (Please keep the Bills stuff out of this thread)

Simon

Just now, Simon said:

Everybody else should be as miserable as me.

Great philosophical outlook :thumbsup:

I hear you, but do you want to end up as the last city in the whole league without a championship? I know I don't.

It's nothing against Lions fans. If my team and city hadn't suffered so much and gone through endless playoff heartbreak I would've gladly rooted for them today. Detroit has had plenty of success in other sports

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Simon said:

Everybody else should be as miserable as me.

Great philosophical outlook :thumbsup:

Ok … it’s the one I’m going with though…

Should they stroll into the SB first attempt? 

They can climb the mountain again with us .. we’ll be on our 5th year in a row  

Edited by Aussie Joe

Nice going meathead.  You showed everyone how dumb you really are.  Maybe now you learn the difference between being aggressive in a meaningless regular season game, and being aggressive with a chance to go to the Super Bowl on the line. 

D-U-M-B.  😂

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, QCity said:

Dan Campbell hits on 20 playing Blackjack.

45+yrds FG on bad grass can be dicey propositions and we didn't see what the Lions crappy K was doing pregame, so I don't think either of those calls was necessarily "wrong"

• Agree 1

I said this earlier in the year and got a lot of red Xs, but I hate Brock Purdy more than any other player in the NFL. He's a smug SOB. And just like Brady, you are not supposed to get that production from taking a flyer on a late-round pick. Only some teams get that luck. Chiefs with Pacheco, 49ers with Purdy and Pats with Brady. We have to spend draft capital to get a QB.

6 minutes ago, Simon said:

How did the Lions kicker look in pregame kicking 45yrds+ on that grass?

I'm assuming you are there and were watching him.

I dunno.  Neither do you.  It could be him being aggressive.  It could be him not trusting the kicker.  It isn't often someone hears this argument for not kicking though.  What I do know is their kicker is 37 of 48 lifetime kicking 40-49 yards including 1 of 1 this year and 8 of 10 last year.

1 minute ago, buffblue said:

I hear you, but do you want to end up as the last city in the whole league without a championship? I know I don't.

It's nothing against Lions fans. If my team and city hadn't suffered so much and gone through endless playoff heartbreak I would've gladly rooted for them today. Detroit has had plenty of success in other sports

I honestly don't care enough about them to feel good or bad for them.

Just think it's kind of weird when somebody wants others to suffer.

• Agree 1

Just now, LabattBlue said:

Nice going meathead.  You showed everyone how dumb you really are.  Maybe now you learn the difference between being aggressive in a meaningless regular season game, and being aggressive with a chance to go to the Super Bowl on the line. 

D-U-M-B.  😂

I thought that late 4th down conversion attempt was fine…def should’ve stepped in to veto that run on the goal line late though…Ben Johnson choked there big time 

2 minutes ago, Draconator said:

Since when did Brock Purdy turn into Josh Allen running the ball?

Little dude showed some heart on those runs for sure - hopefully he brings it in a couple weeks

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Low Positive said:

I said this earlier in the year and got a lot of red Xs, but I hate Brock Purdy more than any other player in the NFL. He's a smug SOB. And just like Brady, you are not supposed to get that production from taking a flyer on a late-round pick. Only some teams get that luck. Chiefs with Pacheco, 49ers with Purdy and Pats with Brady. We have to spend draft capital to get a QB.

Welp we’ll see if he’s enough to get it done in two weeks…I think he’s gonna hold them back and kc will win again 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I dunno.  Neither do you.  It could be him being aggressive.  It could be him not trusting the kicker.  It isn't often someone hears this argument for not kicking though.  What I do know is their kicker is 37 of 48 lifetime kicking 40-49 yards including 1 of 1 this year and 8 of 10 last year.

I never claimed to know.

That's why I'm not running around calling people stupid morons for in-game decisions they made.

Half those same people would be calling Campbell a moron if he put the FG team out there on 4th/2 and his kicker missed.

3 minutes ago, Simon said:

45+yrds FG on bad grass can be dicey propositions and we didn't see what the Lions crappy K was doing pregame, so I don't think either of those calls was necessarily "wrong"

Yeah, the most WRONG call was definitely running the ball on third and goal and wasting a timeout. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.