2024 WR Draft Class

I live near a popular NFL reporter for CBS Sports dot com. Guy is plugged in to the scene. Ran into him a few days back and his nugget was McConkey. Scouts and GM's are calling him the best route runner in the draft. Reminding them of Cooper Kupp. 

Take it for what it's worth.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

On 4/19/2024 at 6:06 PM, Warriorspikes51 said:

Disagree.  Any of the top 3 WR’s have the potential to be immediate top 10 players at the position with Allen.  

MHJ has the work ethic and drive.  He said his goal is to be the best WR to ever play.

I don’t expect it to happen, and I’ll likely be excited about whoever we end up taking…

but I would trade 28, 2025 1st, 2nd, 2nd to get one of them.  & I’d add for MHJ 

That would prevent the team from addressing a number of very real needs and I don’t think that is a balanced approach to team building.  Pick any receiver in the NFL right now, trade that haul for him and it still doesn’t make this roster for sure a SB team.

3 hours ago, LEBills said:

Two more all targets - Legette and Baker

Love both of these guys. Legette is definitely a consideration at 28, though I’d like a trade down into the 30s then grab him. Baker would be one of my favorite WRs in the draft if he had a little bit more speed. 60 is too early for Baker and he probably doesn’t last to 128, but would love a combo of Ladd, worthy, Legette or Thomas jr with our first pick, and baker in the 80s or 90s with a trade up.

Thomas jr at 17 (trading 28, minnesota’s 2015 2nd and a 4th)

Baker at 95ish - trading 128 and the other 4th to move up

I’m not sure of my math, but I think those trades are fairly economical/reasonable

i think Thomas jr would be a huge upgrade from Davis, and believe it or not, I believe Baker’s ceiling is Diggs. His pass route running is excellent and his size and speed is slightly better than Diggs

I spent some time watching Legette and I see a stiff route runner. I’m not sure he’s going to separate in the NFL. Seems to be a build up speed guy. I guess that should be expected for his weight but I personally prefer the quicker twitch WRs.

I would very much prefer McConkey over Legette.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I spent some time watching Legette and I see a stiff route runner. I’m not sure he’s going to separate in the NFL. Seems to be a build up speed guy. I guess that should be expected for his weight but I personally prefer the quicker twitch WRs.

I would very much prefer McConkey over Legette.

I just don't get it.    Why are so many suddenly on the McConkey train here?   Okay, could he turn out to be very good....sure.

But, we already have similar types of player at WR and TE

Unless I'm mistaken, I thought McConkey was AWFUL against man coverage.

This team needs someone who can win against physical man coverage in the playoffs....or it's already over. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Warriorspikes51 said:

I just don't get it.    Why are so many suddenly on the McConkey train here?   Okay, could he turn out to be very good....sure.

This team needs someone who can win against physical man coverage in the playoffs....or it's already over. 

Teams do not play man defense much anymore. It’s like 65% zone league.

The Bills need speed to offset their underneath WRs. My guys are Brian Thomas and Worthy. I don’t want McConkey but I prefer him over Legette. 

5 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I don’t want either Legette or McConkey and I agree on the later. He’s a very good WR but why have 3 of the same type of WR on our team. We need a legitimate #1 WR who can also stretch the field

14 minutes ago, NeverOutNick said:

I don’t want either Legette or McConkey and I agree on the later. He’s a very good WR but why have 3 of the same type of WR on our team. We need a legitimate #1 WR who can also stretch the field

If you want a WR1 they better go trade up for him. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, DJB said:

Tez Walker has so many red flags I really hope we don’t take him 

What are the red flags, I haven't heard of them.  4.3 speed isn't one of them.  I like Ladd at #28 (if a trade up for Thomas JR isn;t possible) then Walker or Baker at #60 or a slight trade down from #60.  I can be talked out of Walker, I guess.  I really think Baker is underrated

36 minutes ago, NeverOutNick said:

I disagree.  We have nobody on the roister like Legette and although Ladd has qualities that are similar to Shakir, Ladd played outside (non-slot) over 70% of the time last year.  You can never get Josh too many separators (he throws to open receivers not via anticipation) and Ladd is the best separator in the draft

26 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

What are the red flags, I haven't heard of them.  4.3 speed isn't one of them.  I like Ladd at #28 (if a trade up for Thomas JR isn;t possible) then Walker or Baker at #60 or a slight trade down from #60.  I can be talked out of Walker, I guess.  I really think Baker is underrated

I disagree.  We have nobody on the roister like Legette and although Ladd has qualities that are similar to Shakir, Ladd played outside (non-slot) over 70% of the time last year.  You can never get Josh too many separators (he throws to open receivers not via anticipation) and Ladd is the best separator in the draft

While I am a big Tez Walker fan, he had a horrible senior bowl, he has limited tape against high end comp, he has clinical depression which was highlighted in his college career. He needs to become a better route runner as well 

37 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

Tez Walker

Very questionable hands and he’s an older prospect are the two biggest flags

Hes also not a great route runner but thats not a red flag 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

If you want a WR1 they better go trade up for him. 

I would be thrilled to move up for one of the top 3 if one slips and it doesn’t cost us too much but there are potential 1s to be had where we sit as well (Thomas, AD and Franklin). I just don’t think Legette is a 1. And Ladd is very similar to what we already have even though I wouldn’t complain if we got him. I just question how they scheme 3 very similar players. And we better get Worthy round 2 to keep the defense honest  

12 minutes ago, DJB said:

Tez Walker

Very questionable hands and he’s an older prospect are the two biggest flags

Hes also not a great route runner but thats not a red flag 

I can’t disagree with you but man does he pop when he’s on. He didn’t play much college football and I wouldn’t take him round 1 but he’s worth the risk in round 2. I’ll post my WR rankings with analysis I do every year here soon

• Like (+1) 1

After everything all offseason.  Im back to where I was when Texas beat Alabama.  What would Worthy look like with a Qb like Josh Allen.  His ability to separate while tracking a ball in the air deep is rare.  Desean Jackson Randy Moss rare.   Played all over the formation at Texas.  He is a fast football player not a fast guy playing football.   

Edited by Mat68