2024 WR Draft Class

1 hour ago, gonzo1105 said:

I dont disagree that he might try to get up there but I think it will be difficult to get up there. Really the teams that would be willing to trade are maybe Atlanta, Chicago(if they don't want Odunze themselves), Tennessee(looking OT and can still get one at 28) and maybe if Odunze slips to 12 Denver is in play. Those seem like really the only options.

I also think there is a good possibility that Arizona trades down but with NYG instead of Minnesota so they can grab another premium pick while still getting Nabers or Odunze at 6. I just see it as an unlikely road not impossible but unlikely. I would love Odunze as I have him as my # 2 WR.

I was and am still on the McConkey train for the Bills as well. I just have a huge gut feeling that the pick is going to be Keon Coleman. The more I think about it the more he fits their model of person and he is different than what they have in the room.

He does a lot of things the Bills would love. He's a hard worker, hes a great teammate, he's a leader in the Florida State locker room, he's a big WR that they don't have, he goes out of his way to block instead of just standing there. Those are the little things the Bills love. His greatest strength is YAC ability, something the Bills have struggled with and continue to struggle with so hopefully he would mitigate that issue. On top of that Keon Coleman is 20 years old and there is a lot of evidence that the Bills love taking younger players with their first round picks and Coleman definitely fits that mold as he'll be 21 years old when the season starts. He could be another interchangeable part for the Bills playing inside and outside the numbers and he is a good athlete as he played both D1 Basketball and Football.

This doesn't include the fact that the Bills met with him at the Combine and then brought him in for a 30 visit as well. He's not my # 1 choice and maybe I'm looking too much into it but Coleman checks a lot of the Bills character and player arch boxes.

When the season ended and I started to looking at receivers I came upon a comp of keon coleman as kelvin benjamin.  Beane was in Carolina when he was drafted at pick.... 28. 

There are so many guys I'll be ok with the Bills drafting and Coleman is one of them.  His one handed catch against cuse was a thing of beauty.  He would be a big bodied red zone threat and he excels at the most important thing for a wr.  He catches the ball.  

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Franklin if they trade back. 

Thomas and Worthy at 28 or trade up. Walker at 60 if they go a different direction at 28. If they trade down I think Franklin would be a target.

Walker has great size and speed, but the Senior Bowl showed that he isn’t able to compete well with the big boys - maybe he can improve.

6 hours ago, gonzo1105 said:

I dont disagree that he might try to get up there but I think it will be difficult to get up there. Really the teams that would be willing to trade are maybe Atlanta, Chicago(if they don't want Odunze themselves), Tennessee(looking OT and can still get one at 28) and maybe if Odunze slips to 12 Denver is in play. Those seem like really the only options.

I also think there is a good possibility that Arizona trades down but with NYG instead of Minnesota so they can grab another premium pick while still getting Nabers or Odunze at 6. I just see it as an unlikely road not impossible but unlikely. I would love Odunze as I have him as my # 2 WR.

I was and am still on the McConkey train for the Bills as well. I just have a huge gut feeling that the pick is going to be Keon Coleman. The more I think about it the more he fits their model of person and he is different than what they have in the room.

He does a lot of things the Bills would love. He's a hard worker, hes a great teammate, he's a leader in the Florida State locker room, he's a big WR that they don't have, he goes out of his way to block instead of just standing there. Those are the little things the Bills love. His greatest strength is YAC ability, something the Bills have struggled with and continue to struggle with so hopefully he would mitigate that issue. On top of that Keon Coleman is 20 years old and there is a lot of evidence that the Bills love taking younger players with their first round picks and Coleman definitely fits that mold as he'll be 21 years old when the season starts. He could be another interchangeable part for the Bills playing inside and outside the numbers and he is a good athlete as he played both D1 Basketball and Football.

This doesn't include the fact that the Bills met with him at the Combine and then brought him in for a 30 visit as well. He's not my # 1 choice and maybe I'm looking too much into it but Coleman checks a lot of the Bills character and player arch boxes.

You’re argument makes a lot of sense, but they might really regret spending that pick on him.  I just can’t get over his inability to get open consistently.  

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

My Bills WR board after the big 3.

Brian Thomas Jr.

Xavier Worthy

Devontez Walker

1 of these 3 will be a Bill.

Franklin.  

23 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

A WR at 60 is basically a 3rd round prospect. Can’t expect too much right away.

I still see Beane using our extra 4th, to get into the top 20

3 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

A WR at 60 is basically a 3rd round prospect. Can’t expect too much right away.

Jayden Reed was picked 50th overall last year, Rashee Rice was drafted 55th overall last year, Marvin Mims was drafted 63rd overall last year, Tank Dell was drafted 69th overall last year. All of them put up better numbers individually than we got from Sherfield and Harty combined last year. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Franklin if they trade back. 

Thomas and Worthy at 28 or trade up. Walker at 60 if they go a different direction at 28. If they trade down I think Franklin would be a target.

Trade down to where?  Franklin won't make it past the first 5 picks of the 2nd round.  

If that's their guy, it doesn't really matter if you grab him at #28 or #37.

• Thank you (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Jayden Reed was picked 50th overall last year, Rashee Rice was drafted 55th overall last year, Marvin Mims was drafted 63rd overall last year, Tank Dell was drafted 69th overall last year. All of them put up better numbers individually than we got from Sherfield and Harty combined last year. 

That’s fantastic, and has nothing to do with our pick. 

18 hours ago, mrags said:

I have said before. I’m all for going with Worthy with the first pick. Westerners at 28 or a trade back. Love his speed. But hoping if they decide that, they double dip fairly early and try and get a bigger bodied WR to go with him. Legette in the 2nd (maybe with a trade up) Polk, Burton, Baker, Rice, Coleman, McMillan, Walker, McCaffrey

I'm with you on Worthy, he was my guy even before the Combine.  Knew he would crush the 40, he's going to have a Zay Flowers type season for some team (hopefully us).  If he played on Oregon or another team with a legit QB, he'd be a top 15 guy.

Agree it would be nice to draft a complementary tandem at WR, bigger bodied as you say.  Someone who is a better blocker, can win downfield on 50/50 attempts and redzone.

I like Tez and Coleman in Rd2, but don't think Beane will double dip that early.  If we wait until 4th, I like Javon Baker alot.  And some others that might slide due to it being a deep class.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

Trade down to where?  Franklin won't make it past the first 5 picks of the 2nd round.  

If that's their guy, it doesn't really matter if you grab him at #28 or #37.

If that’s their guy then yeah they wouldn’t trade down. Pretty simple.

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

I'm with you on Worthy, he was my guy even before the Combine.  Knew he would crush the 40, he's going to have a Zay Flowers type season for some team (hopefully us).  If he played on Oregon or another team with a legit QB, he'd be a top 15 guy.

Agree it would be nice to draft a complementary tandem at WR, bigger bodied as you say.  Someone who is a better blocker, can win downfield on 50/50 attempts and redzone.

I like Tez and Coleman in Rd2, but don't think Beane will double dip that early.  If we wait until 4th, I like Javon Baker alot.  And some others that might slide due to it being a deep class.

Not sure Baker makes it to the 4th round, but I would be very happy with a Worthy/Baker double-dip. 

• Agree 1

Everytime I’m ready to go with my mock , I change my mind about things. One thing I’ve been consistent on is Worthy going before the Bills pick. I think Miami loves him and another team before 28 will take a chance on him. 

• Agree 1

23 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

Everytime I’m ready to go with my mock , I change my mind about things. One thing I’ve been consistent on is Worthy going before the Bills pick. I think Miami loves him and another team before 28 will take a chance on him. 

I think we may be seeing everything through or lens of “wr or bust”. While possible, I think Miami will go another position first, unless Waddle is due a big payday.  They will need to pay Tua next year or find another QB.

2 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

I think we may be seeing everything through or lens of “wr or bust”. While possible, I think Miami will go another position first, unless Waddle is due a big payday.  They will need to pay Tua next year or find another QB.

Oh I don’t think it’s a guarantee the Dolphins take him but I believe someone in the 27 picks before us will. 

Just now, gonzo1105 said:

Oh I don’t think it’s a guarantee the Dolphins take him but I believe someone in the 27 picks before us will. 

You could be right, but I think his 165lbs will be a concern for many teams in the first.  I do think he will go in the early-mid 2nd

37 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

Hope you're right

14 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

How would you rank the top 5 pure vertical threats in this draft? Don’t include Harrison, Nabers, or Odunze.

In terms of vertical threats IMO: 

Thomas

Worthy

Mitchell

Franklin

Leggette

Edited by MrEpsYtown
  • Like (+1) 2