Where do you stand on the death penalty?

Eye for an eye.  You kill and get caught.  You die.  In fact, I can think of at least 20 lesser crimes that should be punishable by death.  What a mess.  

• Like (+1) 1

I think it's cruel and unusual punishment.

On the other hand, I support one's choice to end their own life via euthanasia, including criminals with life sentences.  

Edited by Capco
  • Like (+1) 1

We don’t do it enough. 

japan does it better though. They never tell the person their execution date until they take them to be executed. Therefore any time the door opens it could be their time. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

I definitely am ok with the death penalty in cases of people whose very existence is a threat to society but do not feel I could be on the jury that does it. It needs to be someone whose actions were well thought and intentionally horrible not someone who is a reactive situation. 

People are pushing for "at birth" abortions, and we are struggling with the death penalty.  

Just think about that for a second.

Personally, I'm good with the death penalty and would like to see the appeals limited to less than 10 years.

There should be multiple capital crimes that are punishable by death. If a jury of 12 decides it, it should be carried out without much delay. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, LeviF said:

There should be multiple capital crimes that are punishable by death. If a jury of 12 decides it, it should be carried out without much delay. 

Do you believe juries to be infallible?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Precision said:

People are pushing for "at birth" abortions,

GTFOH - no one is pushing for murder your fn bich.

13 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Only the ones sitting on a Trump trial. Duh 

10 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

No. But that doesn’t complete the leap to “the death penalty is immoral” like lots of people seem to think. 

I don't agree with murder no matter who does it. I do enjoy other forms of punishment, however. In Singapore they beat you with a cain. I also enjoy work camps instead of a vacation in a jail cell. Implement those and watch the crime rates plummet

18 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

I don't agree with murder no matter who does it. I do enjoy other forms of punishment, however. In Singapore they beat you with a cain. I also enjoy work camps instead of a vacation in a jail cell. Implement those and watch the crime rates plummet

Crime rate won't be dented by that at all. 

2 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Let's try it and find out. Singapore has one of the lowest crime rates in the entire world

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/travel/web-stories/countries-with-lowest-crime-rates/photostory/104526748.cms

why does the us have a high crime rate? what part of the population here commit 52 percent of the murders but are 13 percent of the population? 

you often here the lefties describe the safer countries on the list and then get all flustered when you ask them what those countries have in common. 

• Haha (+1) 1