Jim Harbaugh to become new Chargers HC

Chandler#81

12 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Obviously, you’re not intimately knowledgeable about old women’s interest in Bingo halls. They’re Very prepared, inspired and ferocious!

I know. I’m married to one.

But can she read what alignment a defense is in, check to the proper play, shift protections and hit the open receiver?

5 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

But can she read what alignment a defense is in, check to the proper play, shift protections and hit the open receiver?

Hell yeah! Every game, she’s running 10 different boards, dabbing like a machine! No football coach has that ability.

• Haha (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

It is a strong roster but it has some holes and is old in some key spots. They have Herbert and they have their left tackle. At every other premium position they have a hole or a guy who will need replacing in the next two offseasons. 

I was just listening to the radio and they were discussing LAC’s cap situation. 

It ain’t pretty. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

Relies heavily on his coordinators.  Guy doesn't call plays or anything. 

So you’re saying he’s a good leader who sets strategic goals and then hires good subordinates who are capable of implementing the details. That’s how a successful business works. 🤔

• Agree 1

Greg Roman will be on this staff. Book it. 

6 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I was just listening to the radio and they were discussing LAC’s cap situation. 

It ain’t pretty. 

They have four guys with over a $30m hit for 2024.... and none of those are the franchise QB. That roster is much closer to a rebuild than it first appears. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea they were loaded. That is beyond dispute. He still did a very good job in San Francisco, but hat roster he inherited already had: Frank Gore and Joe Staley in their prime (both of whom will get HoF consideration at some point) plus Michael Crabtree, Vernon Davis, Mike Iupati and Delanie Walker. Then on defense he inherited Justin Smith, Patrick Willis, Ahmad Brooks and NaVorro Bowman. Those guys were all there the day he walked through the door. And while Alex Smith at that point was considered a bust, and Harbaugh deserves credit for reviving him, he was still a former 1st overall pick. 

That was an overwhelming defense with an outstanding veteran offensive line on the other side of the ball.

Even I could have coached that group to .500 piss drunk in a lawn chair, and I'm dumber than a chicken.

image.thumb.png.1e67d68e6586317758840d638de5375a.png

• Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

Insane decision for him. His ego overran his common sense. He could have taken a ***** on the Dean's car at Michigan and they would have built him a statue all while cutting him a $125M check. Instead, he take a super high turnover job where his imagine as infallible will be questioned week to week by national reporters.

That said, it's an incredibly strong roster, so maybe he skates to a Super Bowl and retires as the greatest football coach ever.

If he wins a Super Bowl to go along with his National Championship that would put him in rare company within the coaching ranks. 

2 minutes ago, Simon said:

Even I could have coached that group to .500 piss drunk in a lawn chair, and I'm dumber than a chicken.

Whereas Mike Singletary couldn't play with 'em, couldn't win with 'em, couldn't coach with 'em. Couldn't do it. 

Unfortunately for him the 49ers agreed. He couldn't do it. Poor Mike. 

Smart move by a great coach. It is harder (and often pays more) to coach a prominent college team than an NFL team.  College coaches have to spend untold hours recruiting, and travelling around to do so. Saban travelled so much that he often used a helicopter. College coaches have to go to recruit's homes, and now many of the parents (or even friends) act as agents.

Very smart move for Harbaugh and it wouldn't surprise me at all if he is quite successful.

8 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Whereas Mike Singletary couldn't play with 'em, couldn't win with 'em, couldn't coach with 'em. Couldn't do it. 

Unfortunately for him the 49ers agreed. He couldn't do it. Poor Mike. 

He was one of my childhood heroes. That was heartbreaking to watch. :(

19 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Greg Roman will be on this staff. Book it. 

They have four guys with over a $30m hit for 2024.... and none of those are the franchise QB. That roster is much closer to a rebuild than it first appears. 

And fangio

14 hours ago, Drew21PA said:

Chargers win a Super Bowl in 3 years ?

If that happens Bills fans here will lose their ever loving minds ! You think they B**ch now holy crap if that happens it will be like living with a high maintenance gold digging --- you know ...

14 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Good hire for the Chargers but people thinking this somehow makes them a Super Bowl favorite he literally went 8 years at Michigan without winning a bowl game till this year. 

True enough, he might very well be gone in three ish years if he doesn’t have success, conversely he might do very well,  ya never can tell, it’s the nfl after all, sh-t happens…, 

2 hours ago, Gregg said:

If he wins a Super Bowl to go along with his National Championship that would put him in rare company within the coaching ranks. 

I've just spent the past few minutes thinking about this, and I think the list is Pete Carroll, Jimmy Johnson, and Barry Switzer. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, ProcessImproverMan said:

Harbaugh is the guy who helped coach Kaepernick to a super bowl and another NFC championship. McDermott cannot have such success with a much better QB in Allen. The AFC just got harder while Pegula does nothing.

Maybe drafting another corner who doesn't play (Elam) in the first round or another defensive lineman in the first round who cannot sack Mahomes once in multiple playoff games (see Oliver, Rousseau, etc) will get us over the top! Just trust the process and McClappy......Nothing to worry about at all...

There is a reason why we have done nothing... WE JUST PLAYED IN THE DIVISIONAL ROUND OF THE PLAYOFFS while the Chargers limped home in Week 18 over two weeks ago. Sorry new guy, but your take is poor.

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.