Jim Harbaugh to become new Chargers HC

Chandler#81

21 hours ago, Mikie2times said:

That team is an instant contender.

I wouldn't say instant. They are in major cap trouble this year. I would bet the plan is to take an intentional step back for one season while Harbaugh institutes his culture, and then be competitive in 2025.

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, TrentEdwardsCheckDownOn4th said:

The chargers are going to be really really good. I wouldn't be surprised if they won the divison. My hope is that kelce retires, the chargers win the division and knock the chiefs out of the playoffs.

Harbaugh will outcoach McDermott like Reid does and then the Chargers will be the ones knocking the Bills out of the playoffs. But it is nice to see that the Chiefs will have some real competition in the AFCW.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Roundybout said:

Interesting hire 

I mean, think it makes sense. Note that the report that Roman is not necessarily being given the OC job. But I WILL say that he's been one of the more interesting run game designers I've seen over the last decade. With him, Shady had some career highlights.

It's just that the current NFL is so pass focused that even in a run heavy Ravens team a run focus isn't enough. It needs to be a complement, it can't be the main show anymore.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.