Bass manned up and spoke to the media. Diggs dissapeared during playoffs, then ducked the media

Pete

https://nypost.com/2024/01/22/sports/stefon-diggs-declines-to-talk-to-media-after-huge-drop-in-bills-loss/                

Stefon Diggs let the game go through his hands.

And he then entered the offseason without saying a word.

Diggs, the Bills’ mercurial receiver, declined to talk to reporters after his big drop doomed Buffalo in their 27-24 loss to the Chiefs on Sunday, according to NFL Network.

Do not forget, the Bills tried to get Diggs going on first play on offense.  What did Diggs do?  He fumbled the first play of the game.

Diggs and Sherfield are the biggest reasons we lost IMO

Mike Evans had 12 catches for 147 yards and a TD.  That is what a real #1 WR does in the playoffs.

Diggs is no #1.  He is not even a #2 IMO.

Bills and Josh need legitimate WR 1 and 2 this offseason!

Edited by Pete
  • Like (+1) 12
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Agree 13
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2
  • Dislike 2

3 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Why do you care. Does Diggs come harass you when you have a bad day at work or don’t feel like talking to people? 

I expect leadership from a Captain.  Not pathetic performances and being a coward

• Like (+1) 9
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 11
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Why do so many people not care about Diggs? Disrespect him? Think so poorly of him?

Go to a game. He is on the field warming up with as much passion as anyone. He talks to the crowd, he makes the game special for many people - especially children. The dude wears his heart on his sleeve for each game and remains a higher end talent at WR.

It's weird - especially because he is the only WR we have going into next season.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 5

7 minutes ago, Pete said:

I expect leadership from a Captain.  Not pathetic performances and being a coward

Leadership = talking to media that has made up bull#### about you all year? What’s cowardly and pathetic is running to a message board to talk trash about another person that you don’t know and are clearly wrong about. 

Edited by Not at the table Karlos
  • Like (+1) 8
  • Vomit 5
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

9 minutes ago, Pete said:

https://nypost.com/2024/01/22/sports/stefon-diggs-declines-to-talk-to-media-after-huge-drop-in-bills-loss/                

Stefon Diggs let the game go through his hands.

And he then entered the offseason without saying a word.

Diggs, the Bills’ mercurial receiver, declined to talk to reporters after his big drop doomed Buffalo in their 27-24 loss to the Chiefs on Sunday, according to NFL Network.

Do not forget, the Bills tried to get Diggs going on first play on offense.  What did Diggs do?  He fumbled the first play of the game.

Diggs and Sherfield are the biggest reasons we lost IMO

Mike Evans had 12 catches for 147 yards and a TD.  That is what a real #1 WR does in the playoffs.

Diggs is no #1.  He is not even a #2 IMO.

Bills and Josh need legitimate WR 1 and 2 this offseason!

The defense is why we lost that game.  Atrocious and embarrassing performance by them.

Didn’t Evans cause an INT in the first quarter of their game against Detroit?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

That article has a clip with an end zone viewpoint of Diggs dropping that pass. What the hell was he doing? He pulls up, turns inside and jumps for the ball, which he still should have caught, when if he keeps running and turns outside the ball would be right over his outside shoulder. Granted, I’m sure it was a B word to track, but when you’re one of the highest paid WRs in the league you’d think you could handle a throw that your QB basically dropped in the bucket if you play it right. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Why do you care if he talks to the media? Does Diggs come harass you when you have a bad day at work or don’t feel like talking to people? 

Yes, a professional football player, who is a Captain of the team, who makes tens of millions of dollars a year, working only seven months out of the year, is exactly the same as your average Joe working an 8-5 office job, 5-6 days a week, every week, all year long, for about $60-70k. Exactly the same….no difference at all. 🙄

• Like (+1) 3
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I don't know what happened to Diggs but he wasn't near the guy he was ever since he's been here & as far as Sheffield goes from the hype there was when they signed him & what he could be didn't come around i wouldn't bring him back ! 

Overtime he had a chance to show what he could bring to the team he would literally drop the ball so there is no second season needed send him on his way !! Id rather see what Shorter could bring than keep him around ...

Edited by T master
  • Like (+1) 2

I’m a huge Diggs guy. I’ve defended him even through all that stuff last season with Josh on the sideline and everything but I can’t defend him here. When you do what you did last year and the very next season you put on a performance like you did, as a captain you have to be man enough to stand up and own it. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 7

12 minutes ago, boyst said:

Why do so many people not care about Diggs? Disrespect him? Think so poorly of him?

Go to a game. He is on the field warming up with as much passion as anyone. He talks to the crowd, he makes the game special for many people - especially children. The dude wears his heart on his sleeve for each game and remains a higher end talent at WR.

It's weird - especially because he is the only WR we have going into next season.

Shakir, Shorter, and Harty are also under contract. 

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

18 minutes ago, boyst said:

I love Diggs, and he was great for us.  I love how he plays catch with fans.  But fact is he choked when we needed him most.  Diggs is not a stand up dude.  Josh is.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 5

They're supposed to be adults and this is their job that they're paid highly to do. Take a few minute to gather yourself, and then own up and start the process of moving on. Josh is such a winner and Bass owned up, neither of them lost this game. 

• Agree 1

i legitimately felt bad for Diggs after last season. in a lot of ways you could understand how frustrated he was, and why he would act the way he did. the tables and turned and now he needs to look at himself in the mirror. 

hopefully, given some time, he will be able to reflect on what happened and take some accountability

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

52 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Why do you care if he talks to the media? Does Diggs come harass you when you have a bad day at work or don’t feel like talking to people? 

Give me $20,000,000 a year salary, I’ll FaceTime from the Throne if that’s what’s requested!

Edited by Buffalo Boy
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.