Bills sign 11 players to futures contracts

Draconator

1 minute ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Did we have Shavers before?  His name sounds familiar. 

He was in camp and made a few plays. Also supposedly an elite gunner. 

I wish I was a young safety prospect in the upcoming NFL draft (or now). Theres no other team I’d pick than one that might have two holes at the position. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Oh bleep we also don’t have any QBs lol

2 minutes ago, Mopreme said:

KJ Hamler was a 2nd round pick by Broncos. Maybe change of scenery and new scheme can turn him around? Maybe he can be one of the guys who can fill that deep threat void? 

Perhaps! Chronic hammy issues and tore his ACL last year though. 

25 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Did we have Shavers before?  His name sounds familiar. 

We signed him as an UDFA.  Big kid (6'5").  Spent the season on the practice squad.

Started college with Alabama, then transfered twice (to Mississippi State and San Diego State)

22 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

No DTs, Ed Oliver will be the only one under contract. 

I mean, this is just the practice squad guys.  Would it truly change your feelings if we signed Eli Ankou and Andrew Brown?

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Brand J said:

He was in camp and made a few plays. Also supposedly an elite gunner. 

I wish I was a young safety prospect in the upcoming NFL draft (or now). Theres no other team I’d pick than one that might have two holes at the position. 

With all the questionable roster structuring we can criticize this regime for, having a strong pipeline of elite gunners will never be one of them.

14 minutes ago, Mopreme said:

KJ Hamler was a 2nd round pick by Broncos. Maybe change of scenery and new scheme can turn him around? Maybe he can be one of the guys who can fill that deep threat void? 

Hamler can't stay healthy. He had a pretty good rookie season though.

Just now, Dan Darragh said:

I guess the coaches like Isabella.  Maybe he returns punts and kicks if Harty doesn't stick around?

I'm guessing that duty would fall to KJ Hamler if he's healthy enough to make the roster.

This would have been an ideal time to sign Araiza to a futures deal if they wanted get another look. Everyone is distracted with the loss etc and two huge games coming this weekend, it would have kind of flew under the radar. The fact that they didn’t go down that road, to me, means that ship has officially sailed. And maybe it did long ago, I’m simply saying that if they wanted to sign him, now would have been the time to do it. 

Shavers is supposed to be a standout special teams guy, but if we learned anything this year with all these injuries, is that your depth players need to be able to actually play and can’t be special teams only guys. Waste of roster spots. Hopefully that approach changes. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.