Where does this regime go from here?

HappyDays

14 hours ago, Livinginthepast said:

Ultimately it comes down to coaching. Even at the end. McD knows that Bass is struggling and so does Brady. Why did we even kick there?? ? Even if Bass gets the FG we probably lose this game because the Chiefs get into winning FG range easily when they get the ball back. Once we didnt get the touchdown we lost.

McD just isnt up to the job when it comes to this high stress crucial decisions.

This is getting thumbs ups?  Lol 4th and 9 you’ve gotta take the fg it is absolutely insanity to do otherwise 

probably lose if we get the fg yea maybe…but the odds of converting that 4th and 9 were extraordinarily low 

edit: y’all are crazy 😂. Getting stopped on that 4th and 9 was probably like a 75% chance and then you look like the biggest clown in the universe 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Disagree 2

1 minute ago, Iverwig said:

Every year it’s someone else’s fault but never McD’s. The team is unprepared time after time in big moments and that’s on the coach. McD freezes up in the big moments but let’s keep making excuses for him. No doubt he will be back again next year but we the fans will be disappointed once again. 

Prepared to what?  Catch the ***** ball?  Kick a ***** FG?  Nah.  Players are just as responsible.  McD isn't their daddy.  Prepared my ass. 

• Dislike 1

Just now, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

You said if the Bills lost this game you would be on the fire McDermott band wagon. 

Absolutely. I debated titling this thread the official fire McDermott thread but didn't want to be inflammatory. But yes I want him gone even though there is a 0% chance of that happening. We are wasting years of elite QB play. We had the easiest possible opportunity to go the distance this year given the state of the conference and once again we blew it when it mattered. I don't think McDermott deserves another swing at the bat.

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

Another case of our head coach's brain freezing up in a critical moment in a playoff game. It now takes two hands to count such moments.

I have zero optimism about this franchise under McDermott. Really good guy, albeit wound very tight, but just not a championship coach.

I thought he coached looser tonight tbh.  I can’t get too worked up about McD’s schemes and effort this past month.  They put themselves against the wall with zero margin for error and they still almost pulled it off.

Where do they go?  They need to exit Phase One of McBeane Regime and move to Phase Two.  Phase One was to invest heavily in the d line, rely on aging safeties to make heady plays, and let Allen try to will the entire offense to victory with little help.

Phase Two needs to pivot to heavy investment in playmakers on offense.  The Packers somehow have like seven good young receivers - the Bills have maybe one (Shakir).  If they don’t make that pivot and double down on trying to win with defense, they’re going to go down as the modern day Martyball Meatheads.  

This was a legacy game for McBeane, and their legacy is now on fumes.  Need to change things up big time.  Hopefully Terry sees it - I’m not sure he does.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4

42 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

They are the Philip Rivers Chargers. 

Philip Rivers should consider himself lucky if Josh let's him hold his jock strap on the golf course some time.

Honestly I get the comparison, but Rivers was never one of the top 2 quarterbacks in the league EVER in his career.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, RyanC883 said:

away.  hopefully this regime goes away.  Perhaps fire Bean who failed to get WRs, and for sure McD, who failed numerous times this season including today.  

Unfortunately we all know they will both be back unless they leave on their own. People are once again making excuses for McD. It’s never his fault in some fans eyes. 

7 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

This is getting thumbs ups?  Lol 4th and 9 you’ve gotta take the fg it is absolutely insanity to do otherwise 

probably lose if we get the fg yea maybe…but the odds of converting that 4th and 9 were extraordinarily low 

Not insanity at all with an iffy kicker (who is in a bad headspace) on a cold night and a defense who had few answers at all. We needed to go for the 4th down play and win it with no time for the Chiefs to go down the field for a TD. 

Edited by Livinginthepast

Agree with you Chubs.  Where should this regime go from here?  Straight to the unemployment line.  But they won't.  And next year will be yet another wasted year in the career of Joshua Patrick Allen, the best QB ever.  But Josh will never be recognized as such, because he doesn't have the hardware.  And why?  This coaching staff is inferior to Andy Reid's staff in KC.  Simple.

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Brady becomes the official OC gets a full offseason doing it. Kincaid, Shakir, and Cook get bigger roles in the offense, maybe somebody buys Cook a jugs machine. Defense gets Milano, Benford, and White back. We're probably going to take a WR high in the draft to replace Gabe and to come up behind Diggs who hopefully gets healthy because he doesn't seem right.

White is not good any more 

wish he would prove me wrong but he won’t 

• Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Agree with you Chubs.  Where should this regime go from here?  Straight to the unemployment line.  But they won't.  And next year will be yet another wasted year in the career of Joshua Patrick Allen, the best QB ever.  But Josh will never be recognized as such, because he doesn't have the hardware.  And why?  This coaching staff is inferior to Andy Reid's staff in KC.  Simple.

Can't respect this enough 

• Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Rivers was a top 4-5 QB in his prime… yea I’d take Josh all day but Rivers was damn good.

Rivers was good, routinely top 10. Had a few years top 5. But if Josh's career unmercifully continues on this path, I think a more apt comparison is Marino.

• Like (+1) 1

Tony Dungy will be a HOF coach and he got fired in order for the Bucs to win a SB.  Hell even Andy Reid was fired when he hit his ceiling in Philly.

McDermott has done some fantastic things for this team and its culture but if you can fire those guys you can certainly fire him.

IMHO there has been a disconnect between our GM and HC for a long time and it has only made things even more complicated.  Beane has drafted players and brought in free agents that McDermott refuses to put on the field or he claims are unable to be coached up.  But we’ll call up John Brown, Cole Beasley, and AJ Klein off their couches to start.  Why do we spend so much on Harty to return kicks?  What was the point of Hines?  Spent money on Ford who never sees the field.  Resigned Knox for good TE money when we didn’t use TEs then we draft one anyways.

I feel like we have hit our ceiling under this current coaching staff.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.