Where does this regime go from here?

HappyDays

6 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

We all know they are going to run it back and try to sell the idea that guys will be back from injury and the young guys are getting better.

Next year around this time, we’ll all be here for the same discussion and it’ll be the same plan and then finally in 2027, the plan will change because there is no other choice but a cap re-set year and the team will lose 8 games because Allen will still carry them beyond where they deserve to be.  In the end, Allen will go down as Dan Marino’s successor as the guy that had to do it all for a team that could never hold up their end of the bargain and retire without a title, but tons of records.

Ok.  

Fire Sean McSmallTimeinBigGames and let's get Vrabel.  At least our defense should get back into shape. My daughter lolled at the end of the game with someone saying the Bills are the Sixers of the NFL...yep, we've gone as far as we can go with this staff...

• Agree 1

I really don't have the words this morning.  It's heart breakin because this version of the buffalo bills from 2018 to today just wasn't good enough.  They are good and at times really good.  Just not good enough when it counts.  Is it enough to move on from McDermott?  I don't know but I do know.Allen deserves better than what the bills are giving him.  

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

We scored 2 plays after the Cook drop. It had no impact on the outcome. Was a bad drop and those concentration drops in the redzone by him are concerning but it made no impact on the outcome of the game. 

But the receiver drops did matter. Because we struggled to get the ball deep all night. Got no separation vertically even on play action and the three times Josh put a ball where it needed to be deep Sherfield (twice) and Diggs (once) couldn't come up with it. 

I think you are right on kicker and punter though. At linebacker we just need our guys back healthy.

agreed but I think we can get or develop a back who doesn't regularly drop passes at inopportune (clutch) times.  Cook ain't it imo.  We can do much better.  And I think we can do better at linebacker.  No where near the best group in the league.  And that should be the  goal for every unit if we are going to win a SB.  

1 minute ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

agreed but I think we can get or develop a back who doesn't regularly drop passes at inopportune (clutch) times.  Cook ain't it imo.  We can do much better.  And I think we can do better at linebacker.  No where near the best group in the league.  And that should be the  goal for every unit if we are going to win a SB.  

I think Cook is fine. His hands are good everywhere else. So I think the redzone drops are him taking his eye off the catch because he is already looking for the line. I think that is concentration and correctable. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Just now, GunnerBill said:

I think Cook is fine. His hands are good everywhere else. So I think the redzone drops are him taking his eye off the catch because he is already looking for the line. I think that is concentration and correctable. 

maybe....runnoing backs are a dime a dozen in the draft.   remember his attitude in his first year?:  Arrogant and seemingly lazy.  It's difficult to change those personality traits.  He has talent but lacks luster. plus, he's not the sharpest tool in the shed.  We can do better.  out of curiosity, do u see him as a top 5 back?  top 10?

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever

1 hour ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

maybe....runnoing backs are a dime a dozen in the draft.   remember his attitude in his first year?:  Arrogant and seemingly lazy.  It's difficult to change those personality traits.  He has talent but lacks luster. plus, he's not the sharpest tool in the shed.  We can do better.  out of curiosity, do u see him as a top 5 back?  top 10?

Comfortably top 10.

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

so good enough to be on a playoff team but not the feature back on a SB winner.

When was the last Superbowl winner with a top 5 back? It certainly hasn't been a common feature the last 15 years. 

Just now, GunnerBill said:

When was the last Superbowl winner with a top 5 back? It certainly hasn't been a common feature the last 15 years. 

some of these were pretty great in their time.  I would argue that they were more valuable to their respective teams in the playoffs than Cook

https://fansided.com/betsided/posts/past-super-bowl-winners-prove-running-back-position-is-dead

3 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

some of these were pretty great in their time.  I would argue that they were more valuable to their respective teams in the playoffs than Cook

https://fansided.com/betsided/posts/past-super-bowl-winners-prove-running-back-position-is-dead

The only one on that list who was ever a top 5 back was Ray Rice.

Cook is better than most of that list.

15 hours ago, Special K said:

The 13 seconds season was the best chance to win the Super Bowl.....

Josh tried to play hero ball on his last two throws instead of taking the short stuff....a TD was needed on that drive to win the game. Even if the FG was good, how confident would you have been that the Chiefs would not have scored in the last minute forty five seconds.

Hard to disagree with that. Bass missing the FG wasn't even a blip on the radar. Bass having the yips is a problem, but it likely had no effect on the end of this game. There was close to 0 chance the defense was keeping the Chiefs out of FG range with the amount of time left. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Billsfanatic8989 said:

Yeh....I am guessing most of the fan base does not share this sentiment.

I do. Expecting a Super Bowl after the way we played this year was lunacy. We struggled against everyone after October and very few players stood out as having a great year.

5 hours ago, DCofNC said:

We all know they are going to run it back and try to sell the idea that guys will be back from injury and the young guys are getting better.

Next year around this time, we’ll all be here for the same discussion and it’ll be the same plan and then finally in 2027, the plan will change because there is no other choice but a cap re-set year and the team will lose 8 games because Allen will still carry them beyond where they deserve to be.  In the end, Allen will go down as Dan Marino’s successor as the guy that had to do it all for a team that could never hold up their end of the bargain and retire without a title, but tons of records.

Great and 💯 truth DC.  Ever notice Josh plays thru his injuries yet the rest of these guys drop like flies every week.  I'm so sick and tired of watching Josh leave his soul on the field while his coaches and team mates flail around.  

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

umm, you know Von has a massive dead cap hit right? We can't get rid of him until after next year.

if the nfl is fair he will 100% be punished by the league letting us drop him without a hit.

1 minute ago, BullBuchanan said:

Pretty sure the Pats were on the hook for Aaron Hernandez's cap. Don't see it happening.

they were able to recover some of the hit. and that was before a lot of the more recent events. i think there have been a few similar instances but forget the specifics - a few players suspended without being charged. zeke, maybe.

either way, the suspension voids some of the contract.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.