Ravens vs Texans

aristocrat

Seems like Houston caught Baltimore’s offense off guard by severely going against their own tendencies. 29th in the league in blitz rate this year and then they blitz Lamar more than basically anyone ever has before. Baltimore got to the locker room and figured it out and completely dominated the second half. Feels like a good trait for a team to me.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, The Jokeman said:

It will likely depend on who the NFC has playing. I'd imagine the AFC going to be a later game of the 2 as think it will draw more fans in.

AFC game already scheduled for 3 pm next week

17 minutes ago, Best Williams Available said:

McD has shut Jackson down every time he’s played him. TJ Pick 6 anyone? 21 point comeback?

Yeah but you have the "scripters" pushing the MVP Narative.  God knows he needs a Superbowl title added to fill out the script.

2 hours ago, boyst said:

I am not saying Allen should be MVP but I am saying Jackson does not have any business nor should he be MVP.

This offense of his is ran by the fear of him running instead of him passing or the running back.

If a defense can strategically plan to make him actually play QB in the pocket he would be exposed. 

@miketysonslisp  @PastaJoe@BlackWing

Why am I wrong? 

I didn't see a single read beyond the 2nd read for him. He eyed his target, checked down, or forced to his primary each pass. 

2 minutes ago, boyst said:

Why am I wrong? 

I didn't see a single read beyond the 2nd read for him. He eyed his target, checked down, or forced to his primary each pass. 

Even if you’re right about not going past two reads, why should he go past two reads before running if he can score 30+ doing that?

The offense functioning well because of the fact that teams are terrified by him is a pro, not a con. 

Just now, DCOrange said:

Even if you’re right about not going past two reads, why should he go past two reads before running if he can score 30+ doing that?

The offense functioning well because of the fact that teams are terrified by him is a pro, not a con. 

Because the Texans defense is skilled at spying a QB. Few are able to do it in the league. 

In the right environment the Ravens offense would be easily made 1 dimensional. He's not that special of a QB.

The whole team is very good but he's just a system QB who is an elite football player right now. And I do not say that with any intention of it being an insult. 

3 minutes ago, boyst said:

Why am I wrong? 

Look, I agree Lamar gets a bit too much praise, and I can see plenty of arguments for him not winning MVP, but to flat out say he has no business even being in the discussion is silly.

40 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Agree. When the Texans were able to score some points and dial up some pressures, BAL looked suspiciously like their previous failed playoff squads. Especially LamarJackson, who seemed moments away from a game changing mistake for most of the 2nd quarter. 

If the Texans don’t drop that pick in the end zone….

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Yeah but you have the "scripters" pushing the MVP Narative.  God knows he needs a Superbowl title added to fill out the script.

I’m F’in annoyed by it too. What he got paid needs justification (or so everyone thinks) so they praise his every move. The pressure the D takes off him is tremendous.

24 minutes ago, PastaJoe said:

But did he have to play so many backups on D as he does now.

Likely no but the scheme is what matters (as long as guys stay disciplined and tackle)

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, BlackWing said:

Look, I agree Lamar gets a bit too much praise, and I can see plenty of arguments for him not winning MVP, but to flat out say he has no business even being in the discussion is silly.

It’s not silly though, his stats say he has no business but if the award just goes to the best player on the best team, then Lamar is the MVP.

Lamar is clearly one of the best football players in the league.

• Agree 1

44 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Texans seemed pretty ill prepared offensively.

Basically once Baltimore broke the 10-10 tie it was over.

ill prepared perhaps , but also lacking some key elements that keep them from being an offense that can go deep into the playoffs. 

Edited by Boatdrinks
  • Agree 1

23 minutes ago, boyst said:

Why am I wrong? 

Ridiculous to say Lamar isn’t worthy of MVP. He gets results because he’s such a threat to run or pass. Style doesn’t matter, substance does. He led his team to the best record.

11 minutes ago, Best Williams Available said:

Likely no but the scheme is what matters (as long as guys stay disciplined and tackle)

They’re backups in part because they’re not as good at discipline and tackling.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

According to Baltimore fans on their message board, they are going to destroy the Bills or Chiefs by at least 2 TDs, there is a whole thread on it

According to this message board a couple weeks ago, the Ravens were going to struggle in the divisional round because they didn’t play all out to beat the Steelers in week 18. It’s all good.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.