Wild Card Viewership Numbers

SCBills

Can’t wait to see what Bills Chiefs pull in. Number should be absolutely massive. Also, does this number even include parties? I know a ton of people from Buffalo have watch parties with many many people. I’d assume that just counts as one viewer. 

Edited by PetermansRedemption
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

Also KC v Miami’s was the most compelling game of the week and had the lowest viewership. I didn’t realize Peacock was such an anchor. I know everybody was complaining but I assumed they were watching. 

Worth noting that both Buffalo and Pittsburgh are smaller than every metro market but GB and they out drew a bunch of them. 

• Like (+1) 4

5 hours ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Can’t wait to see what Bills Chiefs pull in. Number should be absolutely massive. Also, does this number even include parties? I know a ton of people from Buffalo have watch parties with many many people. I’d assume that just counts as one viewer. 

Over/Under = 43 million?

13 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

Wow, I see 23 million people were a part of HISTORY on peacock. Do they all get sent an 'I helped make history' badge?

I guess that Peacock  and the NFL is pretty happy with the 23 million viewership.  It was the most stream event ever in the US and viewership was just a little bit lower than might be expected if it was on live TV  (80% of Browns-Texans while the Sunday evening game was 90% of viewership of the Sunday afternoon).  It shows the NFL that a lot of people are willing to pay $6 to see a playoff game.  Expect to see more of the same in the future.

Edited by Billy Claude

50 minutes ago, Billy Claude said:

I guess that Peacock  and the NFL is pretty happy with the 23 million viewership.  It was the most stream event ever in the US and viewership was just a little bit lower than might be expected if it was on live TV  (80% of Browns-Texans while the Sunday evening game was 90% of viewership of the Sunday afternoon).  It shows the NFL that a lot of people are willing to pay $6 to see a playoff game.  Expect to see more of the same in the future.

Or they already had the service. They offered a year for like $20 not long ago. Most people I know have had it since then. 

9 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

No, they get a bill:

Please remit $6.

If you were smart and planned ahead it’s $1.67

2 hours ago, Billy Claude said:

They always win

2 hours ago, Billy Claude said:

I signed up when they were running a deal on Black Friday in November. $1.99 a month, and can cancel at anytime. I wanted to see Bills/Chargers from my home. So basically cost me $6 to see both NFL games from my couch instead of spending many many times that $6 to go to a sports bar to watch. Plus, my wife has found some things she likes on there, so we may even keep the service. NOTE: this was/is the first time we had EVER signed up for ANY streaming service.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

I signed up when they were running a deal on Black Friday in November. $1.99 a month, and can cancel at anytime. I wanted to see Bills/Chargers from my home. So basically cost me $6 to see both NFL games from my couch instead of spending many many times that $6 to go to a sports bar to watch. Plus, my wife has found some things she likes on there, so we may even keep the service. NOTE: this was/is the first time we had EVER signed up for ANY streaming service.

I think that's the whole point -- they hope that enough new subscribers keep their subscription to make money.   If 10% of the 23 million subscribed to get that particular game and 20% of those keep the subscription, that would be almost half a million new long term subscribers. I think they would be pretty happy with that.  They paid 110 million for the game but they get some of that back from advertising and so forth.

Edited by Billy Claude
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Or they already had the service. They offered a year for like $20 not long ago. Most people I know have had it since then. 

If you were smart and planned ahead it’s $1.67

Ditto. Knowing the Bills had a game (Chargers) and the odds they might show up in the Peacock time slot for the playoffs I signed up for that $20 deal too.

Sirius XM used to brag about their subscriber numbers but they included new cars that had free introductory subscriptions. They never talked about what happened when 98% didn't renew.

• Like (+1) 1

I know people still use cable and cable-like streaming services but I much prefer having to shell out for a fairly cheap streaming service than having to pay for full cable when a game is just on ESPN.  OTA is free and carries most games and the occasional $6 or whatever is better than a $60 a month cable bill with channels I don’t watch. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, PetermansRedemption said:

I would not be surprised if The Chiefs/Bills pull in anywhere from 55-65 million viewers.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.