Shout out to the fans

Xwnyer

Before the game started I was concerned about the turnout.  Wow was I WRONG.  I was listening to radio pregame and when the players started to come onto the field I heard the roar.  Than they showed the stands on TV the place  looked like a traditional sold out game.  The red white and blue was all over the place not sure if people even tried to sit.

I am expecting them to be very loud making it tough for Mahomes to think. 

• Like (+1) 13
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 11
  • Thank you (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Xwnyer said:

Before the game started I was concerned about the turnout.  Wow was I WRONG.  I was listening to radio pregame and when the players started to come onto the field I heard the roar.  Than they showed the stands on TV the place  looked like a traditional sold out game.  The red white and blue was all over the place not sure if people even tried to sit.

I am expecting them to be very loud making it tough for Mahomes to think. 

I was expecting it to be half empty. I was shocked when at kickoff, they pan the crowd, and it was full (or looked full). I agree; salute to all of you who made it out to help in this W. Now next week, can we put twice as many people in there?

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, CSBill said:

I was expecting it to be half empty. I was shocked when at kickoff, they pan the crowd, and it was full (or looked full). I agree; salute to all of you who made it out to help in this W. Now next week, can we put twice as many people in there?

Same here. Not 15 mins before kickoff the stadium looked half empty and half full of snow. Then, like you said, at kickoff, snow was gone and stands looked full….I thought maybe CBS was fooling us with CG. LOL

Anybody who was there care to explain where all the snow went?

55 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

Same here. Not 15 mins before kickoff the stadium looked half empty and half full of snow. Then, like you said, at kickoff, snow was gone and stands looked full….I thought maybe CBS was fooling us with CG. LOL

All of the snow got pushed around. They only removed half of the snow in the stands. Half of the seats were never touched. 

I was talking to the person next to me, and they said a friend called the Bills office to see if they needed help. They said they had enough people. Obviously, they haven't a clue about snow removal. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bob Jones said:

It was crazy.  We made sure we got in early to clear out and we were waist high of snow in our seats.  Had to create tunnels to clear out our area.  Looking around we thought no way they could fit in all the people.

There was a void underneath the bleacher seats.  We were able to pack a lot of snow below the row/bench in front of us.  It was also a pretty fluffy snow (which is why we didnt see 1,000,000 snow balls) so the snow packed down once everyone walked and stomped on it.  There were shovels everywhere too for people to dig if they needed.  

I was pretty much standing on/in snow the entire game.

20240115_154026

20240115_154621

20240115_154552

Edited by May Day 10
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 11
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Wow.  Didn't realize watching on TV that inside the stadium was such a mess.  

I thought this thread was going to be about the noise.  Watching the Lions Sunday night, I was envious that they have a roof, because those people, so starved for a winner, made a lot of noise and it all stayed inside.   I thought that there was no way the Bills fans could be that loud.

Did anyone notice that Nantz and Romo were actually shouting some of the time so that they could be heard over the noise from the crowd?   People really showed up, in the way they often have, to give real support to the team.  

It was amazing. 

Looking forward to the Chiefs!

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Bob Jones said:

Under our feet

13 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

It was crazy.  We made sure we got in early to clear out and we were waist high of snow in our seats.  Had to create tunnels to clear out our area.  Looking around we thought no way they could fit in all the people.

There was a void underneath the bleacher seats.  We were able to pack a lot of snow below the row/bench in front of us.  It was also a pretty fluffy snow (which is why we didnt see 1,000,000 snow balls) so the snow packed down once everyone walked and stomped on it.  There were shovels everywhere too for people to dig if they needed.  

20240115_154026

20240115_154621

20240115_154552

Didn’t see any in the stadium. We asked if they had any extras to clear the steps better. Was told no. 

The steps were like walking up the snow covered sled hill at Chestnut Ridge. Lots of people fell and slid down them. 

Edited by Not at the table Karlos

Wow.  We had shovels to use.  We didnt use them.  We did a lot of stomping and marsh lynching through..  My buddy ended up falling, then rolling in the snow to 3 rows below and it was funny.

Leaving, I slipped on the steps and somehow caught myself .  That would have been a rough one.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Bob Jones said:

They kept showing the same clips and my guess is those "30 minute out" videos were from much earlier in the day 

• Agree 1

27 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

20240115_154026

20240115_154621

20240115_154552

Wow that's dramatic.

I thought to myself that once it was full, the people must have melted all of the snow because where did it go??

But packing it under benches makes sense

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.