No more Snowplow please

This comes after just watching the Eagles fail on one, too.  Defenses may be slow to adjust sometimes in this league but they do adjust.  Everyone knows Josh is going left and without a great second effort push from Gilliam we would have been shut down twice in a row, committing a turnover on downs.

The big problem with the play is that, compared to a handoff or a normal QB sneak, there's very little improvising that can happen if the play starts to fail.  I'd rather Josh have the freedom to shut things down and try to dive for a different hole, or even find the edge as we've seen him do a couple times in the past, if a defender manages to shoot through.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 7
  • Dislike 2

1 minute ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

This comes after just watching the Eagles fail on one, too.  Defenses may be slow to adjust sometimes in this league but they do adjust.  Everyone knows Josh is going left and without a great second effort push from Gilliam we would have been shut down twice in a row, committing a turnover on downs.

The big problem with the play is that, compared to a handoff or a normal QB sneak, there's very little improvising that can happen if the play starts to fail.  I'd rather Josh have the freedom to shut things down and try to dive for a different hole, or even find the edge as we've seen him do a couple times in the past, if a defender manages to shoot through.

I'm waiting for the fake pitch out wide off this play to Cook...could go for a TD...nobody is out there and they all crash down on Allen

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Big Turk said:

I'm waiting for the fake pitch out wide off this play to Cook...could go for a TD...nobody is out there

Hell even if they just run it to the right it’ll throw teams off.  We go left every time.  Now with Josh in the habit of leaping forward he’s leaving himself exposed out there.   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

I'm waiting for the fake pitch out wide off this play to Cook...could go for a TD...nobody is out there and they all crash down on Allen

They totally have an opportunity to catch a team at the right moment.

They’ve been setting up such a play all year. This is the when you use it, in the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Also, I thought Allen should just get the snap and drop back to pass.  There is going to be some sort of "change up" coming one of these games.

• Like (+1) 1

I don’t like that they crowd all 11 guys into the one spot. Give the look of potentially a bootleg, have a WR go wide…they aren’t doing themselves any favors by having every person packed in tightly 

• Like (+1) 1

The issue with our QB sneak is they don’t always get a full yard.

Lots of half yard gains, along with some 1 or 2 yard gains. 

And it has become our ONLY short yardage play.

Im waiting for a wrinkle to it. Perhaps a quick flip out to the RB from the same formation? Or a bootleg?

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

It’s run its course, The Fins figured it out also. Can’t keep doing things that don’t work like wide receiver screens or any damn screen.

1 hour ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

I don't think we'll have to worry about this for much longer.

I say the league outlaws it this offseason.

To many insiders don't like the look of it.

Starting last week Josh started to leave his feet and dive more, which I think has a greater chance of being stopped vs keeping your feet on the ground and churning.  Also if your feet are on the ground you're more likely to be able to have a 2nd effort if you get stopped initially

Edited by stevewin
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mynamemike said:

Hell even if they just run it to the right it’ll throw teams off.  We go left every time.  Now with Josh in the habit of leaping forward he’s leaving himself exposed out there.   

Honestly wish somebody in the media would ask about this. Maybe they have. It's pretty wild that they literally do not go to the right.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.