The offense is better without Gabe Davis

Einstein

Is refreshing.

Gabe being out allowed us to get our playmakers like Hardy and Shakir on the field more often (more snaps to go around). And they both delivered at key times!

And it’s not just the opponent. That Steelers defense was #6 in the NFL in points against, and that was the MOST points the Steelers gave up all season (and that’s even with TWO missed field goals).

• Like (+1) 10
  • Shocked 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 17
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, KDIGGZ said:

But I heard Gabe was a good blocker and the most valuable player even when he doesn't make a catch?

You heard right. Great blocking in the run game. Great blocking the production of Shakir. He’s the real life block party. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, BBFL said:

You heard right. Great blocking in the run game. Great blocking the production of Shakir. He’s the real life block party. 

And he probably even c*** blocks when they are up in da club 

• Haha (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Gabes biggest issue is he has a great game, then dissapears for 3 weeks. Assuming he's back next week, he needs to have a huge game 

Even if he has a “good” game, it stinks that we lose all those snaps for other player, who are legit playmakers.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Gabes biggest issue is he has a great game, then dissapears for 3 weeks. Assuming he's back next week, he needs to have a huge game 

3 TD 150 yard game would be great next week.  

1 minute ago, Einstein said:

Even if he has a “good” game, it stinks that we lose all those snaps for other player, who are legit playmakers.

Who had a better game tonight than a Gabe game?

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, CoudyBills said:

Who had a better game tonight than a Gabe game?

For me, it’s not about individual performance. It’s about the team. Having Shakir, Hardy and Sherfield on the field gives us three explosive and twitchy playmakers that stress the defense.

Its also no coincidence in my opinion that Gabe doesn’t play today and Allen doesn’t throw an INT for only the second time in 12 or so weeks.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Einstein said:

For me, it’s not about individual performance. It’s about the team. Having Shakir, Hardy and Sherfield on the field gives us three explosive and twitchy playmakers that stress the defense.

Its also no coincidence in my opinion that Gabe doesn’t play today and Allen doesn’t throw an INT for only the second time in 12 or so weeks.

We can agree to disagree on the first point a bit, but the 2nd point is underrated.

• Like (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Is refreshing.

Gabe being out allowed us to get our playmakers like Hardy and Shakir on the field more often (more snaps to go around). And they both delivered at key times!

And it’s not just the opponent. That Steelers defense was #6 in the NFL in points against, and that was the MOST points the Steelers gave up all season (and that’s even with TWO missed field goals).

Now, if we could get one more sure handed guy and get rid of Knox

• Like (+1) 4
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Now, if we could get one more sure handed guy and get rid of Knox

Sigh. Knox is an enigma. He does so many good things… but then drops a wide open pass that hits him square in the hands. Frustrating.

I’d also like to see Kincaid go up and get the ball too. He would have had a 2nd TD if he didn’t wait for the ball to get to him (allowed the defender to deflect it). If he had went up and hand-caught it (ala Gronk), he would unlock a new level.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Just now, Einstein said:

Sigh. Knox is an enigma. He does so many good things… but then drops a wide open pass that hits him square in the hands. Frustrating.

I’d also like to see Kincaid go up and get the ball too. He would have had a 2nd TD if he didn’t wait for the ball to get to him (allowed the defender to deflect it). If he had went up and hand-caught it (ala Gronk), he would unlock a new level.

Knox and Davis are not dependable receivers. Cook also but he is a great runner. 
   Josh needs/deserves guys who catch balls almost always. 
   Kincaid is amazing. I think Shakir is next guy up to show out. But, Knox and Davis are who they are, hands wise

• Like (+1) 1

I think him being the number two is the issue.  He’s a guy that should be in on running downs and when we’re in four wides as at third or fourth downfield option.  He’s not a great route runner and struggles at making contested catches.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.