What's your confidence level going into the game today?

Virgil

Just now, Xwnyer said:

am nervous and worry that home field advantage won't exist because of the few seats that will be full.   I have been concerned about Pittsburg from the onset and now with this weather we may become one dimensional.  

Bills fans are insane.  They'll be there.  At least one will be shirtless. 😆

I'm at 9.

McDermott defenses traditionally smother one-dimensional offenses. And Rudolph to Pickens is not enough to make them dangerous.

Offensively, we are better equipped at running back and tight end for winter games than we have been in this run. I think we're currently built for this.

3 minutes ago, Xwnyer said:

am nervous and worry that home field advantage won't exist because of the few seats that will be full.   I have been concerned about Pittsburg from the onset and now with this weather we may become one dimensional.  

What on earth? The weather is fine people. Very little wind, light snow, it's cold but not Pats WC game cold.

My confidence has been dropping all morning.

>There is probably going to be lower attendance

>The fans that are there are likely to be uncomfortable and a little shell-shocked by the stadium conditions

>While the Bills have spent the past 48hrs trapped in their houses, the Stillers have had additional time to get together, do extra walk-throughs, etc

The first two factors could really mitigate the effects of the crowd and home field advantage.

The third could give the Stillers a bit of an edge, particularly coming out of the gate.

Both the Bills and the Mafia are going to need some good veteran leadership to be at their best today.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Breakout Squad said:

Watching the Cowboys get man handled by a lesser GB team makes me a wee bit nervous. Bills should win but I think it’ll be close. 

This. 

That game was an eye opener for me. I really think the Cowboys came in unprepared. If we come out as flat as they looked yesterday, I will officially know where I stand with Sean.

• Agree 1

Just now, Simon said:

>The fans that are there are likely to be uncomfortable and a little shell-shocked by the stadium conditions

>While the Bills have spent the past 48hrs trapped in their houses, the Stillers have had additional time to get together, do extra walk-throughs, etc

The first two factors could really mitigate the effects of the crowd and home field advantage.

The third could give the Stillers a bit of an edge, particularly coming out of the gate.

Both the Bills and the Mafia are going to need some good veteran leadership to be at their best today.

I have thought about this and low key worried about this.

I am also reading through the comments here and feeling very terrified that today I am one of the more positive ones in here 😱

The bills are the far better team. Does the better team always win? Of course not but this is as comfortable as I’ll feel for the playoff run. Assuming chiefs/ravens/niners would be matchups for rest of the run, I’ll be hopeful but not confident in any of those 

Edited by BillsFooteball
  • Agree 1

7.75 - I'm almost at an 8 but the thought that the emotionless team that faced the Bengals in the playoffs last year will show up again holds it back.

If the Bills show up fired up and ready to kick some yinzer ***, they'll win big, if they don't it'll come down to the final minute.

GO BILLS !!!

Make Mahomes play a road playoff game.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I'm at a 9. Pittsburgh was genuinely a bad team for most of the year. I'm not letting a couple of hot games from a 3rd string QB dissuade me. It's Jake Browning, it's Joe Flacco, it's Josh Dobbs. Eventually the true player always comes out.

If the Bills manage to lose this game I'll be first on the fire McDermott train. We get the weakest opponent in the playoffs missing their best player. It could not possibly be set up better short of being the #1 seed.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Aimee75 said:

The wind seems fine??

I’m seeing better numbers now.  Projected at 10-15mph.  That does make me feel better about the game, but also realize that can change 

8 minutes ago, Breakout Squad said:

Watching the Cowboys get man handled by a lesser GB team makes me a wee bit nervous. Bills should win but I think it’ll be close. 

Were they really lesser?

Love has been the best QB in football since week 10 or 12 I think throwing 18 TDs and only 1 INT during that time.

We have seen over and over again it's about being hot at the right time...Dallas was fading mostly, GB was coming on.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Simon said:

All true, but when the kickoff happens the players know what is at stake.  Guys have been playing football their whole lives.

They know what is at stake and what has to be done.

I feel pretty good.  The fans that are there will be pumped.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.