1/15/24 Super WildCard Playoff GAMEDAY Bills vs Steelers Pregame Thread

Chandler#81

Abbott Rd. closing at 11:30am to traffic so that the stadium snow removal work can continue....

About half of all available lot parking is filled with snow, according to this WGRZ update from this morning.

Still lots of snow to be removed as of this AM.

Gonna be tough to get there and park! 

• Like (+1) 3

19 minutes ago, Thrivefourfive said:

Anyway the snow shovelers can score tix for their efforts? Maybe for next week then?

As I understand it the deal is $20 per hour, bring your own shovel, free food provided as well as a place to warm up with heat if/when you need it.

No tickets.

1 minute ago, Nextmanup said:

As I understand it the deal is $20 per hour, bring your own shovel, free food provided as well as a place to warm up with heat if/when you need it.

No tickets.

They should definitely do tickets or some sort of cool team/stadium experience. I have confidence that the Bills will hookup the shovelers. $20 an hour seems like an insult. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I have a feeling this game is going to get chippy early. Steelers are going to want to try and out physical the Bills during the play and do some shoving after. And the Bills don't put up with that these days. 

Any and all rough stuff, fighting, fisticuffs, and straight up brawling is not only preferred, it is encouraged!  

Just don't get anyone important thrown out of the game; that would be my sole directive to the team.

Otherwise, do not take a back step and show these punks who's their boss.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, BritBill said:

I must admit, the game being changed to 9:30pm on Monday really suits me. A day at work, food with the family then settle down to watch the Buffalo F******g Bills lay the smackdown on Pittsburgh. 

Enjoy the game, Bills fans. Wherever you are. 

You had me worried.  I rechecked the game time.  Then I saw your screen name. Lol.

Enjoy from across the pond.

Edited by longtimebillsfan
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, davefan66 said:

Looking on Ticketmaster, still a ton of seats for sale.  These are the ones people bothered to list.  Probably many more available.

Wonder what it looks like at game time.

I'm guessing it's going to be a LOT more below capacity than I would have originally guessed.

I thought maybe 3,000 empty seats due to weather/events.

Now, it might be 10,000 or more.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

29 minutes ago, stevewin said:

The limit is odd.  Guess they don't want to blow their "$20 fan shoveling" budget on just one game <insert Terry is cheap joke here>

I assumed they maybe only have 200 shovels. But if that’s the case why not go BYOS. 

1 minute ago, Nextmanup said:

I'm guessing it's going to be a LOT more below capacity than I would have originally guessed.

I thought maybe 3,000 empty seats due to weather/events.

Now, it might be 10,000 or more.

Sucks people can’t be there, but on the flip side it may help alleviate parking and seating issues.  People will most likely gravitate to empty seats if theirs are snow packed. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

No tickets.

Just hide in the bathroom a couple hours before the gates open 😛

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Thrivefourfive said:

They should definitely do tickets or some sort of cool team/stadium experience. I have confidence that the Bills will hookup the shovelers. $20 an hour seems like an insult. 

No, I think it's just pretty much going to be the insult. 

LOL

But in fairness, the whole experience of going over there when the place is empty, probably deal with some odd office that you would never be inside, and so on, is kind of the "cool stadium experience" if you know what I mean.

I guess you have to be 18 years old, which is a shame.

This is the perfect gig for kids.  I would have been all over this if I could have gotten out to the stadium somehow when I was 13, 14, 15, 16....the money is good at that age and it's a fun, cool experience.

I can imagine filling the place with about 10,000 kids...and the PR value of that would be great.  "WNY youth bail out community with selfless hard work and showing the world the WNY way" and what not.

Just have to avoid slipping into the "Pegula is running a sweat shop with child labor" angle.

LMAO

1 minute ago, davefan66 said:

Sucks people can’t be there, but on the flip side it may help alleviate parking and seating issues.  People will most likely gravitate to empty seats if theirs are snow packed. 

I'm thinking all seats will be available come kickoff, but maybe that's wrong.

About half of all lot parking space is taken with snow...so that's going to be a huge issue.

They should be running city metro buses to the stadium from a huge parking area that people can get to and isn't under 3 feet of snow, if such a place exists.  Like if you can get to Amherst UB campus, park there, and a bus will go every 10 minutes to the stadium or something...no parking needed, at least at the stadium.

If snow is EVERYWHERE around WNY, that won't work obviously.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Thrivefourfive said:

it is

• Agree 1

GO BILLS!!!

4 minutes ago, Mango said:

I assumed they maybe only have 200 shovels. But if that’s the case why not go BYOS. 

Yeah the wgrz vid posted above said they have some shovels but are asking people to bring their own.  

They'd likely get a lot more people if they paid in beer 😛

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

No, I think it's just pretty much going to be the insult. 

LOL

But in fairness, the whole experience of going over there when the place is empty, probably deal with some odd office that you would never be inside, and so on, is kind of the "cool stadium experience" if you know what I mean.

I guess you have to be 18 years old, which is a shame.

This is the perfect gig for kids.  I would have been all over this if I could have gotten out to the stadium somehow when I was 13, 14, 15, 16....the money is good at that age and it's a fun, cool experience.

I can imagine filling the place with about 10,000 kids...and the PR value of that would be great.  "WNY youth bail out community with selfless hard work and showing the world the WNY way" and what not.

Just have to avoid slipping into the "Pegula is running a sweat shop with child labor" angle.

LMAO

I'm thinking all seats will be available come kickoff, but maybe that's wrong.

About half of all lot parking space is taken with snow...so that's going to be a huge issue.

They should be running city metro buses to the stadium from a huge parking area that people can get to and isn't under 3 feet of snow, if such a place exists.  Like if you can get to Amherst UB campus, park there, and a bus will go every 10 minutes to the stadium or something...no parking needed, at least at the stadium.

If snow is EVERYWHERE around WNY, that won't work obviously.

Shuttles would help.  Unless you tailgate.  Hopefully plenty of parking, got some wings to grill!

Just now, stevewin said:

Yeah the wgrz vid posted above said they have some shovels but are asking people to bring their own.  

They'd likely get a lot more people if they paid in beer 😛

That would be a beer an hour at stadium prices!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, davefan66 said:

Shuttles would help.  Unless you tailgate.  Hopefully plenty of parking, got some wings to grill!

Good point; shuttle idea doesn't really work if you need to get "gear" to the lot.

Maybe a bunch of friends could get 1 guy to suck it up and drive to the lot...everyone else takes the shuttle....they meet at stadium and all is well.  I wonder how large the average tailgating party size is.  Or, in what volume do most people go to the game.  Like a pair? 4some? Huge group of 10 or more buddies in 2 or 3 cars?

I usually went with 1 other person, or 3 other if 4 of us got tickets.  Never bigger.

• Like (+1) 1

I can't wait for the game to start! Excited to see what it will look like at gametime. It's gonna be a tough battle but I feel we will control the LOS on both sides and get the dub! Just need to watch out for pickens and his trademark slant-to-the-house play. I sure hope Rasul Douglas in playing and same with Ty Johnson. We need him today to pound it out. This ain't a Cook game due to snow. Theres going to be enough on the field (frozen) It's Bulls on Parade tonight!

2 minutes ago, longtimebillsfan said:

Tailgating is never canclled in western New York.

I'm sure there will be tailgating in some capacity.  Might be a little tricky, though, if snow removal work and equipment is running all over the place right up to kickoff.  But you know some people will be out there grilling and sipping chilled Molson Golden or maybe a little Labatt's blue.

Never underestimate the ingenuity of your average Bills tailgater!

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Good point; shuttle idea doesn't really work if you need to get "gear" to the lot.

Maybe a bunch of friends could get 1 guy to suck it up and drive to the lot...everyone else takes the shuttle....they meet at stadium and all is well.  I wonder how large the average tailgating party size is.  Or, in what volume do most people go to the game.  Like a pair? 4some? Huge group of 10 or more buddies in 2 or 3 cars?

I usually went with 1 other person, or 3 other if 4 of us got tickets.  Never bigger.

No gear, transport only. UB starts back up 1/24. Tailgate there. Have a couple pocket beers for the ride on the bus. Get dropped off and either walk around or head in and start clearing your seats. 

Parking somewhere else only to carry your stuff in an unplowed lot just to do the same thing without a car doesn’t make sense. 

1 minute ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

Just saw a post from a snow shoveler 15 mins ago from Highmark, said maybe 1/10th of the field is clear, and most people that showed up only stayed an hour or so because it was too rough.  Not enough people there shoveling

As mentioned above somewhere, it is definitely time to work free beer and maybe game tix into the shoveling compensation package.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mango said:

No gear, transport only. UB starts back up 1/24. Tailgate there. Have a couple pocket beers for the ride on the bus. Get dropped off and either walk around or head in and start clearing your seats. 

Parking somewhere else only to carry your stuff in an unplowed lot just to do the same thing without a car doesn’t make sense. 

No, my idea was 1 guy drive to the lot with the gear; the rest in his group get to the stadium on the shuttle without the gear; they meet up at the stadium and everyone is happy.   You go from 4 vehicles needing space and parking to 1.  Or something like that. 

I would want to tailgate at the stadium not UB.  Hell at that point just have a party at your house and then go later than normal out to the stadium.

But, where there is a will there is a way.  Lots of ways to still try and enjoy the game.

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Thrivefourfive said:

What are everyone’s thoughts on the DLine that are active today? I think we can’t get enough big run stoppers out on that field. 

Why are the Steelers weapons worrying me all the sudden?! Pickens, Warren, Harris, Johnson, that TE, AB… Tell me they stink.. I’m in a spirallllllll

Take deep breaths with long extended exhales.

Think of a happy place.

Then watch the Bills kick some Steelers butt!!!

Go Bills!!!

We got this!!!

Edited by longtimebillsfan
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.