Brandon Beane was right and we were wrong.

Rigotz

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

So Cook and Kincaid were not difference makers.

How do you know the offense would not have taken a KC nosedive without them?

Are you clairvoyant or did you just stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night?

Edited by Big Turk

A few thoughts, based on your responses:

- Kaiir Elam is 22 years old in his second season, and has never played in a zone-heavy defense in his life. Calling him TBD is accurate. Perhaps we shouldn’t throw him out in the same scrap heap as AJ Epenesa, Terrel Bernard, and Spencer Brown. 

- Complaining that Beane will “probably sign Gabe Davis” without knowing anything about the contract or intent is ridiculous. Yes, they “love him” and he’s a team captain. They also “loved” Tremaine Edmunds and he was also a team captain.

Beane could give you guys a million dollars and you’d still complain that you need to pay taxes. Jesus.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

How do you know the offense would not have taken a KC nosedive without them?

Are you clairvoyant or did you just stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night?

It's a simple comparison of what the actual outcomes were between the two seasons.  No need to use your imagination.   But since you brought it up, the drop off happened this season if at all: the past 4 seasons the Bills Offense has ranked 2,3,3 and 6th in points scored.  SO there really is no reason to believe there would have been "a nosedive" this year.

I think we also were wrong when many on this board criticized Beane for getting Harty, Sherfield, and Rapp. Said many, what have these guys done for the Bills?  Well, I guess, this last game proved Beane Knows what he's doing.

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/12/2024 at 10:21 AM, tomur67 said:

I think we also were wrong when many on this board criticized Beane for getting Harty, Sherfield, and Rapp. Said many, what have these guys done for the Bills?  Well, I guess, this last game proved Beane Knows what he's doing.

What did they do before last week? Let’s not write revisionist history based on one game

Buffalo Bills are the AFC #2 seed going into another playoff post season.

I'm of the opinion that if Brady was OC for the whole year, they would be the #1 AFC seed.

Seems like it's due in no small part to Brandon Beane.  It is fun being a Bills fan lately.

Time to win it all.

Go Bills.

• Like (+1) 1

Lots of first world assumptions in this thread, but that’s the nature of folk who are part time observers of the game,  reading the nonsense that members have posted on their timeline expectations for the healing and return to form after major injuries persuades me to discount a lot of their thinking on Beanes moves as GM…, you would think a bunch of folk here have injured knees from the jerking they go through…, 

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 1/12/2024 at 10:21 AM, tomur67 said:

I bet Beane feels he is paying them for more than 1 above average game. 

On 1/11/2024 at 1:03 PM, Big Turk said:

4 points over 17 games is pretty much meaningless and not statistically significant.

Would Cook catching an easy TD against Miami make you feel differently if they had 3 more points than last year?

Now if you said the Chiefs offense scored more points last year than yeah, that would be a huge difference...496 to 371...125 points less this year.

455 to 451 is basically meaningless.

we played 3 more quarters this year 🤪

• Haha (+1) 1

I hated the Bernard pick and I was skeptical he had any chance to hold up vs the run in the nfl.  I was clearly wrong 

I liked the Spencer Brown pick but after a couple years of what I thought was poor RT play, I thought he would be the demise of our offense.  I was wrong this year.  Not sold if we should hand him a big bag or not just yet, but I’d take him for 7M aav.  He’ll likely command 10+ if he can sustain this level of play next season.

i hated the elam pick, but I haven’t lost complete hope on the kid yet.  He flashed last year and is playing behind 3 corners that are much more experienced playing zone.  If he can bring that playbook on every plane, he might be worthy of a roster spot or maybe a move to safety next season.  But he’s a fail so far.  

I wasn’t a fan of the epenesa and moss picks-  I wasn’t wrong. They both turned into decent players, but I think they’ll both have better careers on other teams than in Buffalo.  

I was on board with the majority of Beanes other selections.  The picks I liked most:  Kincaid, Torrance, Shakir, Rousseau, Dane Jackson, Oliver, Motor, Edmunds and Phillips.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.