The pass to Johnson at the end of the first half...

eball

...ok, so first of all, we KNOW Josh should have only thrown the ball to a guy in the endzone or thrown it away.  That was a mistake.  But if you get past that, it was a good throw to an open guy and it looked like Johnson was going to score until Baker blew him up with a helmet to helmet hit at the goal line.  Why no flag there?   It was blatant and knocked Johnson out of the game with a concussion.

• Like (+1) 9
  • Agree 20
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 4

Just now, eball said:

...ok, so first of all, we KNOW Josh should have only thrown the ball to a guy in the endzone or thrown it away.  That was a mistake.  But if you get past that, it was a good throw to an open guy and it looked like Johnson was going to score until Baker blew him up with a helmet to helmet hit at the goal line.  Why no flag there?   It was blatant and knocked Johnson out of the game with a concussion.

All of that. It was also the same mistake that Mahomes made in the AFC CG two years ago that caused a screaming match in the tunnel at HT. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, eball said:

Because the League didn't want Johnson to finish the game and they wanted Miami to have a 7 point lead at half.  It was clearly scripted.

• Haha (+1) 5

I actually feel like the throw is a fine decision. FGs aren’t going to win a Super Bowl. If you can make a throw that will give a 75% chance of a TD, you do it and hope your guy makes a play.

Maybe if Johnson runs his route a little deeper it’s a TD. Maybe if he had a little bit more wiggle he gets in. Maybe if he realizes it’s the last play of the half he risks a fumble and stretches the ball way out.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 10
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

I have not seen it announced anywhere but has Baker been given a fine yet for the hit?

Not that I've seen but Josh and Dalton cumulatively broke his wrist or something, he's done for the season.

• Like (+1) 2

There are two problems here. First no call on the helmet to helmet (this being the second BEYOND obvious foul that should have been called, first being the Knox PI) the other issue is McD waisted the last TO with 57 seconds left. We were over the 50, had a first down and plenty of time. Just spike it. 

Edited by blitzboy54
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 7
  • Thank you (+1) 3

This is football, not tiddlywinks. I'm fine with the hit given the situation. I wouldn't want them getting a flag if that was our D making the stop.

As for Josh, that cost us at least 3 points. Also the first INT to nobody in the end zone was another 3. Also the sack fumble was possibly another 3. That's 9 points Josh alone cost us. Yes he also scored some points but we won't have the luxury to give up 9 points to the good teams in the playoffs

• Like (+1) 6
  • Eyeroll 4
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, blitzboy54 said:

There are two problems here. First no call on the helmet to helmet (this being the second BEYOND obvious foul that should have been called, first being the Knox PI) the other issue is McD waisted the last TO with 57 seconds left. We were over the 50, had a first down and plenty of time. Just spike it. 

I have always been told you don't spike it unless there's under 20 seconds left and you're not on 4th down.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

From the field level video I saw behind Josh, it was pretty crazy to see how wide open Ty Johnson was when he caught that ball, and how fast the guys closed on him. Josh had to think that was a TD when he released the ball.  Clearly helmet to helmet but as we have seen, the refs basically stopped calling that...even on the Bills.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, eball said:

I was screaming we should have had one more shot at the 1 after that. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.