Bills fan murdered after game

3 hours ago, SoMAn said:

This is so sad. A wonderful road trip to see his Bills beat the Dolphins ends like this. Hope the investigation finds the shooter. 

Part of the reason I've learned restraint is because of the number of crazies out there who think they're in an action movie and will just start discharging a firearm with no regard to consequences.

I used to be the guy who would not back down from confrontation, even if there was a fair chance of getting my azz  beat.  Fortunately, I've had a more sensible wife to calm me down, and I sure don't want her in the middle of anything.  I walk away.

As Falstaff said, 'sometimes, discretion is the better part of valor'.

Prayers for the family. 

Plus they have a stand your ground law in place. Since there was a confrontation before the murder, the killer would have a path to try to get off saying that he "felt threatened" by someone touching his vehicle. Would be interesting to see if that defense worked. But since he fled the scene, he probably would have more trouble claiming stand your ground. 

Edited by DC Greg

8 minutes ago, DC Greg said:

Plus they have a stand your ground law in place. Since there was a confrontation before the murder, the killer would have a path to try to get off saying that he "felt threatened" by someone touching his vehicle. Would be interesting to see if that defense worked. But since he fled the scene, he probably would have more trouble claiming stand your ground. 

Perp would have to prove he was being threatened with "deadly force" to make that case.

not happening.

• Agree 2

47 minutes ago, Heels20X6 said:

It's the absolute appropriate strategy to have these days.  Now, let me preface this by saying this isn't a judgement on the 2nd amendment, but it is very easy to obtain and carry a firearm.  As a result, you have no idea that the person you are arguing with or fighting with is packing and, as you mentioned, has no real understanding of the consequences of trying to settle an argument with a gun.

I'd bet even money that the shooters in most criminal acts haven't followed protocol by legally obtaining their firearm and carry permit.  The vast majority of people with legally issued carry permits are law-abiding Americans who've been properly trained, and only want to be able to protect their family, themselves, and their property. 

• Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, DC Greg said:

One would think that since the murderer supposedly backed their car 20 +/- feet into the victim, the "stand your ground" defense wouldn't hold much water, but, this is Florida, so who knows.

25 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Perp would have to prove he was being threatened with "deadly force" to make that case.

not happening.

Not sure if you've seen some the Stand Your Ground defenses that have worked down there and in other states, but many juries in Florida have very, very loosely interpreted what constitutes "threatened with deadly force". Yeah, we all seem to think from the details of this case it's a straight up cold blooded murder, but I thought that in some other cases and the killer got off with Stand Your Ground.

People seem to have wildly differing views on what constitutes a "deadly threat" and what justifies someone in killing that person to "protect themselves" with a firearm.

A few examples: https://www.propublica.org/article/five-stand-your-ground-cases-you-should-know-about

Edited by DC Greg

59 minutes ago, DeltaDigital said:

second fan miami fans murdered this year. what a classy organization. 

Yeah, that Dolphins fan punched and killed the Pats fan in Gillette Stadium.  This killing in Miami is horrific.  Just going to a game.  ugh.

• Like (+1) 1

What a terrible story. May he RIP. Just read this a few minutes ago at the Miami Herald:

Dylan Isaacs and his friends were walking through traffic — likely to a parked car — after watching the Bills defeat the Dolphins in the AFC East title game, when a driver careened his car to try to hit them and sped off, Ashley Cooke, a family friend, said in an online fundraiser. The family is trying to cover the costs of transporting Isaacs’ body back to his home in Six Nations, the largest First Nations reserve in Canada, home to the Mohawk, Cayagua and other nations. After Isaacs and his friends ran after the car, Cooke said, a man yet to be identified got out of the vehicle and shot him before driving away.

The car that the shooter fled in has been found in West Palm Beach, roughly 60 miles from the stadium, Miami Gardens police said. As of Tuesday morning, authorities had not announced any arrests in connection to the fatal shooting. A ‘SENSELESS MURDER’ Around 11:55 p.m. Sunday, shortly after the game ended, Miami-Dade cops assigned to the Dolphins game at the Miami Gardens stadium rushed to the 19400 block of Northwest 27th Avenue after receiving reports of shots fired. Officers and paramedics tried to save Isaacs’ life but he died at the scene, Miami Gardens police said. According to Miami-Dade Fire Rescue, no one was taken to the hospital. Miami Gardens police have not confirmed Cooke’s accounts of what happened, but they said a man shot and killed Isaacs after arguing with them. Isaacs posted a photo of himself smiling with two others at the stadium hours before the shooting.

Edited by Bob Jones
Grammar

I just read that the vehicle was located by Miami police.

https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/aunt-of-bill-fan-details-how-nephew-was-shot-killed-near-hard-rock-stadium-after-dolphins-game/3201094/

“The shooter fled the scene and remains on the run, but Miami Gardens Police confirmed Tuesday that the suspect's vehicle was located in West Palm Beach.” 

Edited by I am the egg man
  • Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

My sister said this happened about 50 yards in front of her as she walked to her car after the game.

Yeah, there were crowds all over that area.  Given authorities have located the vehicle, should just be a matter of time before this criminal is behind bars, and hopefully for a long time.  

35 minutes ago, BuffaninSarasota said:

Indeed, take it to PPP. Plenty of room there for insane political infighting.

Been there done that ...

No desire to get into it over in PPP - my comment was simply a response to someone getting shot after a game. 

48 minutes ago, DC Greg said:

You don’t have a defense for murder when someone is touching your vehicle.

Cripes.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Seventeen said:

Been there done that ...

No desire to get into it over in PPP - my comment was simply a response to someone getting shot after a game. 

Understood, my comment was in reply to @WhitewalkerInPhilly

It's tragic and senseless and could have happened anywhere, that was my point.

• Like (+1) 1

What is wrong with people.  

This happened after New England at Dallas in 2015.  Guy got into an argument, went to his car and came back and shot and killed another fan.

Considering the manner in which fans talk to each other on social media I am surprised it doesn't happen more however.   I was embarrassed from the stuff I saw from the bills fans online last week and after the game.  Rooting for your team does not mean stalking other teams fans and attacking them for everything they say.  Its crazy.  

People should be able to leave the damn house and enjoy themselves without the threat of being shot.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.