Von Miller report?

JMM

4 minutes ago, Rich Stadium Original said:

I don't this was a game where you could judge Miller due to the quick release and rhythm passing of Tua.

In fact, if you look at the stats of the D line it's pretty unimpressive. Oliver, who had been on a terror the last few games only had one tackle,  and collectively the group had zero sacks. 

This doesn't mean he would have been making plays on longer dropbacks, but given the nature of the game, I would give him a grade of incomplete.

which Von game would you think he played well in?  Miller has sucked every time he has been on the field this season

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

7 minutes ago, Rich Stadium Original said:

Oliver, who had been on a terror the last few games only had one tackle,

He at least drew a bunch of doubles, kicked some runs out of his gap and forced a couple rushed, inaccurate throws.

Von had literally zero impact on that game (unless he was one of the Ends that repeatedly lost his gap on Miami counters early; I guess that would be an impact)

• Agree 3

He should be shut down for the season. It’s really that simple.  In his current condition he brings no impact on the field. I’m surprised this staff continues to put him out again in critical moments in the game. When he’s in, he goes out of his way to avoid any contact outside of rushing the passer. For the amount of games he’s played in and to only have 3 tackles is embarrassing and reiterates he’s providing zero impact on the field.

Really struggling to understand the coaching staff on this one.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 6

7 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Doesn’t mean we should judge his current play on what he was. It’s perfectly reasonable to believe he’s toast at this point.

Due to injury. It happens. It’s an unfortunate situation. I said after the injury it was such a bad luck injury for Von and the team. They couldn’t afford to waste all that cap space.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

12 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Fans are harsh. The guy was dominant last year up until the injury.

For what 8 games?  Who cares?  Who is he now?  A 30 something year old, busted up, liability.

Keep playing our youth.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Fans are harsh. The guy was dominant last year up until the injury.

That was over a year ago, he's collected quite a few million since then.

It was a bad contract, hopefully he has a mid level 2024 to get us to 2025 when we can release him.

I'm not blaming Miller, he got injured at a late stage in his career, it sucks.

But Beane should have never gave that contract, he probably had to for Miller to come. 

• Like (+1) 2

The 6 year contract was always a 3 year contract based on cap hit. 

ACLs take 2 years. He’s 34. But he’s also a champion unlike the posters on this board. 

Judge him next year. 

Edited by ToGoGo
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Von Miller is irrelevant. 

As far as I’m concerned, he and Hamlin can be a couple of Buffalo Jills.  

Wasted roster spots. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Southern_Bills said:

That was over a year ago, he's collected quite a few million since then.

It was a bad contract, hopefully he has a mid level 2024 to get us to 2025 when we can release him.

I'm not blaming Miller, he got injured at a late stage in his career, it sucks.

But Beane should have never gave that contract, he probably had to for Miller to come. 

Can’t really predict when he would tear his ACL. I don’t blame anyone. It’s just bad luck. Hopefully he still has something left but it’ll be tough to come back from an ACL at his age.

It’s why edge was my number 1 need in the last offseason.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

Von Miller is irrelevant. 

As far as I’m concerned, he and Hamlin can be a couple of Buffalo Jills.  

Wasted roster spots. 

Difference between the 2 is that Miller gets paid $20m a year and is definitely here next year ..

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Can’t really predict when he would tear his ACL. I don’t blame anyone. It’s just bad luck. Hopefully he still has something left but it’ll be tough to come back from an ACL at his age.

It’s why edge was my number 1 need in the last offseason.

Yeah, my comment on beane is definitely hindsight 20/20 type talk. 

I definitely don't blame Miller, still a stretch to think Miller would produce at a high level to 35/36 to justify the contract on beanes end. 

Hopefully it doesn't cost us resigning AJ.

Von was at LDE on Rapp's INT. He stunted inside & was starting to pressure the pocket up the middle, though he had no effect on the pass. But I agree, he should not have been out there in that situation.

It looked like it may not have been a planned stunt & he just took the easier path. If that's the case, hopefully it's the final straw to not playing him.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Southern_Bills said:

Yeah, my comment on beane is definitely hindsight 20/20 type talk. 

I definitely don't blame Miller, still a stretch to think Miller would produce at a high level to 35/36 to justify the contract on beanes end. 

Hopefully it doesn't cost us resigning AJ.

It was an and always will be a 3 year deal. Von tearing his ACL half way through year 1 basically ate up 2/3 of the contract. There’s very little chance he earns his salary next year either due to age.

It’s unfortunate, but it is what it is. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.