Von Miller report?

JMM

10 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Because I think both are bottom of depth chart DEs, we still need at least one starting edge rusher and don't think that Von is that anymore and think we're going to lose Floyd and AJE in UFA.

You need to have bottom of the depth chart DEs though and I expect them both back next year .. at least to compete … the other three guys which are much bigger concerns are a different issues to keeping these two

12 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

Can we imagine what it would be like if Beane had kept him on IR (season ending) what we'd be like?  We'd be talking about how we were misled, lied to, or how the Bills are just too cautious and so on. (I'm not saying you would. Bills fans in general). 

I'd like to think that we would've learned our lesson with Tre White and been patient with Von Miller. He was medically cleared to return from his ACL injury, but sat out an extra few weeks. There were posts on here about him not caring about the team, only in it for the paycheck, etc. 

When he did come back he was clearly struggling to get back to game speed. Maybe he would've benefited from more recovery time. 

Ahhh who am I kidding. We would've tarred and feathered Von Miller if he was on IR this whole season. 😂

17 hours ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

Von Miller isn't close to playing at even replacement level. 

I'm sure there's guys sitting on couches that could've filled in and done more than him. 

I still have no idea why McBeane activated him so quickly off IR. Could not have been based on anything they saw in practice. 

Watching him play, I assumed McD activated Miller and gave him playing time because it (1) made Von happy, and (2) helped him get back into playing shape.  

Speaking of being inactive….there was a player on our sideline wearing a red sweatshirt. On one play I noticed Tyreek Hill run out of bounds on our side of the field and as he came back on the field Hill acknowledged the guy, and was laughing with him. Anyone know who that was? 

41 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Speaking of being inactive….there was a player on our sideline wearing a red sweatshirt. On one play I noticed Tyreek Hill run out of bounds on our side of the field and as he came back on the field Hill acknowledged the guy, and was laughing with him. Anyone know who that was? 

I saw this during the game and was thinking it was possibly our WR coach but didnt recognize who it could be. 

• Like (+1) 1

Not advocating for him, but kind of an unlucky week for him to try and prove he got his bend back in his rush. The plan changed in this one after it became pretty clear that our pass rush and their new run wrinkle was killing us along with their quick release passing. So we stopped getting after Tua like that and focused on taking away the run to force them to beat us in the air which didn't work out great for them. Or at least that's what it seemed like.

1 hour ago, Cvanvol7 said:

Did anyone notice that AJ played? Wondering if his injury is still bothering him because watching the game I thought he was inactive 

He didn't play much. Only 2 more snaps than Von. 

Floyd and Rousseau were the mainstays. 

1 hour ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

I'd like to think that we would've learned our lesson with Tre White and been patient with Von Miller. He was medically cleared to return from his ACL injury, but sat out an extra few weeks. There were posts on here about him not caring about the team, only in it for the paycheck, etc. 

When he did come back he was clearly struggling to get back to game speed. Maybe he would've benefited from more recovery time. 

Ahhh who am I kidding. We would've tarred and feathered Von Miller if he was on IR this whole season. 😂

Haha. It's hard to tell. I'm not sure Ion contracts. If he chose to retire would the. sills be on the hook for the remainder of the contract?

2 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

A sack if he doesn’t throw it ? 

Yeah idk if it counted as a hurry or not but Tua threw it up into double coverage because Von collapsed the RT and was right there 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

We did have a blueprint with Tre and he was rushed back too quickly. We should've just just allowed 12 months for full recovery plus an additional 6 months for rehab & strength. Force feeding him now and over these last several weeks was a senseless and greedy strategy. Realistically we're probably only going to get 1 full healthy year out of Von starting this September.  After that we'll most likely be dumping the remainder of his contract.  Unfortunately the bold risk backfired on Beane.

7 hours ago, Mango said:

This is all fine until you lean into the bolded. 

Von really was not any more impactful on Sunday than he was 4-6 weeks ago. There would be next to zero noise about Miller if he has any linear progression. Hell forget linear....just any notable improvement in production. 

At best Von was meh on Sunday...which is the exact same summary of his game ion October, and then again in November, and then again in December.....and then again in January. 

Maybe Von comes back improved for 2024, but right now he isn't getting better and he isn't progressing. Full stop. 

My comment wasn't to suggest that he should be dressing or playing X number of snaps right now.  Purely a response to "he's toast, shot, done, he's insert more derogatory term here".  He's going to be more physically ready next year than he is now.  There's no way to know if he'll ever be back at the same level, but also no reason to think Aaron Maybin is his new ceiling.

Right now he shouldn't be taking meaningful time from someone that the coaches currently grade better at doing what they are asked to do.

19 hours ago, Cvanvol7 said:

Did anyone notice that AJ played? Wondering if his injury is still bothering him because watching the game I thought he was inactive 

He hasn’t fully healed from the rib injury, it’s hard to move decisively and with power when your torso says no…, 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.