1/7/24 Week #18 GAMEDAY Bills at Dolphins PregameThread Edit: Jags lost WE’RE IN!

Game 272!  -and it MAY BE our LAST GAME!

DAMN! This wild, unpredictable regular season is over?? 😲 It seems like just yesterday we were moaning about Allen’s 3 picks that lost the Opener at the Jets! Yet, by kickoff tonight, my favorite game watching buddy, Scott Hanson, will disappear for the next 9 months -as will 18 NFL teams! ..I’m already going through withdrawals 😢

Remember this PreGame Thread comment from late November? “Today, we begin our season-ending 5 game winning streak that gets us back to the playoffs! Hey! It’s the season of Hope! Right?” Well, guess what? Yes, Virginia, there IS a Santa Claus!

Again, our Bills are on display for the entire nation as we head to south Florida with many thousands of Bills Mafia in a Winner Takes All for the AFCE! Amazingly, this will be our 10th nationally televised game this season! It was announced earlier this week the Bills are the 2nd favorite team in all of sports! Indeed, the Madden Coverboy is Must See TV! 

No one needs to read what’s on the line tonight. EVERYTHING IS!  Miami has led the Division from the beginning -only tied once after we beat them in October. However, their 1 game lead disappears by losing tonight and we will realize our 2nd ever 4-Peat Division Title and the #2 seed in the Conference! Then, IF we can win at Home in the opening round next week, we get ANOTHER Home game the following week! Should B’more stumble, we can earn Home field straight through to the Super Bowl! 

That’s the good thrillingly Great News! 

Then, there’s the other possibility.. Should the Jaguars beat the Titans today and we lose tonight, well, simply put, the Sky Will Fall! There’ll be jumpers aligned on the Peace Bridge, carnage on the streets of WNY and likely many suspensions handed out around here! 🤣 Tomorrow would become Blue Monday as lockers get cleaned out, followed by season ending interviews for all personnel -including the staff! So much of the teams’ future direction will be directly affected by tonight’s outcome! It’s almost unfair! Talk about High Drama!

To the game, the Dolphins are a hobbled bunch, but they were in the playoffs last year as well yet stood up and battled all the way to the end. Tua significantly helps his OLine by having the League’s fastest trigger. Then he has  jaw-dropping speed on the outside. They know they shouldn’t be in this position and we’re going to get their best shot! They will test our LBs with short, quick passes, making Bernard’s play essential to the outcome. Their swing pass screen game sets up deep throws and their go-to play in the red zone is the fade. Defensively is where their injuries really show up. Their best DE’s are out and their Secondary is hurting as well. Moving Diggs around and having Kincaid work stretch plays should work well for us. Aiding our effort is McDaniel’s situational awareness seems as ridiculous as his wardrobe!

As for the Bills, we’re as healthy as any team and we’re getting great play from our Dline, ‘TB’ and our Secondary -as RaSUUUL won AFCDPOW from his sterling performance last week. We *should* be able to run the ball which will keep the Dolphin offense on the pine. But, as usual in this era of Bills football, it all comes down to #17. He’s dinged up a bit, (21 sacks, 457 yards rushing & 15 rush TDs will do that!) but If judicious Josh shows up, our season will very likely continue. However,  if jerky Josh snuck on the plane, the horrible drama above could unfold! 

If you aren’t nErVoUs, have a family member check for a pulse!

Literally, it ALL comes Down to Tonight!

Joe Marino chimes in

WE GOTTA BELIEVE! 

GO BILLS!

Edited by Chandler#81
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 8
  • Thank you (+1) 11

As a knowledgeable football fan, if I saw these 2 teams all year, I would be extremely confident that the Bills are the better team and will win convincingly.  But as a Bills fan, I can’t help but be nervous…

That said, Go Bills! Make this game a statement game, and put the league on notice!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• Chandler#81 changed the title to 1/7/24 Week #18 GAMEDAY Bills at Dolphins PregameThread

The Bills have no excuse. They are healthy as they've been since the last Fins game and the Fins are going to be without at least 7 starters.

There will be a lot of uncomfortable questions to answer if they lose to THIS version of the Fins especially with how we normally dominate them.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

When the Bills were 6-6, we all thought the season was cooked.....now here we are with a chance to win a 4th straight AFC East title!!

Lets Go Bills, seize this opportunity, and ride this hot streak all the way to the Super Bowl!!

• Like (+1) 9
  • Awesome! (+1) 4

16 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Waddle and Mostert not expected to play.

So Bills are facing Dolphins without Phillips, Chubb, Howard, Waddle, Mostert, possibly Holland, and with a hobbled Hill.

This is approaching all-time fail category if they're not able to pull it off

A story book ending 😉

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just got to my son’s soccer game. Perfect day for sport.

My soccer team kick off at 2pm and live on national TV. Perfect day for sport.

Bills win their 4 straight AFC East championship. Oh it’s such a perfect day. I’m glad I spent it with you.

Enjoy your days Bills fans all over the world. 

• Like (+1) 12

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.