So how are we feeling about Coach McDermott?

Despite all the key injuries and our offense turning the ball over multiple times most weeks, the defense finished 4th in least points allowed. 

McD made the right call firing Dorsey when he did. He deserves a ton of credit for this season. I'm all the way back on the bandwagon.

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, BobbyC81 said:

Despite the ups and downs of the season, Sean always seems to have the team playing well at the end of the season.

His December/Jan record is pretty awesome really.  I don't think any other coach would do better than what McDermott has without winning the whole enchilada.

Really interested to see how his Defense performs in the postseason. 

He's running a Defense that can win a Super Bowl.  The philosophy is much more aggressive than the one we've had that's faltered in big postseason moments.  

On Offense, his aggressiveness against Miami shows he's willing to trust Josh Allen to win games.  

He's beginning to look/coach like a Super Bowl winning Head Coach.   All that's left is to actually do it. 

McD is a good coach, and from the outside looking in, he cetainly seems like a good guy.  The players like him and have rallied here at the end to put themselves in a great position to make the SB.  Those factors are in his favor.  Great head coaches have to be great managers.  Stylistically, you can manager in a lot of different ways and be successful.  You can micromanage or you can delegate, but you have to see the big picture and adjust.  And in today's world those adjustments have to happen quickly.  It can't take years.  I was out on McD after the Bills trotted out the same failed (in the post season) defensive philosophy/strategies/implimentation year after year.  No changes, and then Frazier left, and to his credit McD took over the duties instead of hiring someone who can't run the D better than he can.  That is a plus in my mind.  What he hasn't done is get someone more creative on the offensive side.  Daboll was a creative mind but we couldn't keep him.  The big picture is that Josh Allen is the Buffalo Bills.  He is one of the the most unique talents, if not the most unique talent I have seen in 50+ years of following the game.  The clock is ticking on winning championships.  We need the best creative OC money can buy.  We need drafts designed to load the offensive side of the ball.  That our receiving corp is not stronger at this point in Allen's career is an indictment.  All that said...please go f'ing win it all this year.  Go Bills!               

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Same as always. He is a very respectable man who has done a remarkable job keeping the Bills in contention. I expect he’ll make some mistakes (as we all do), but I’m also confident that he’s the type of person who will try to learn from his mistakes, correct them, and move forward. 
For you knuckleheads who keep calling for his dismissal, I’ve yet to hear anyone name a replacement who they can say with 100% certainty would do a better job. 

On 1/8/2024 at 2:14 PM, The Jokeman said:

I'm sure I'm going to get hate on this but to me he's the best HC in Buffalo Bills history. 

Before my time but it would have to go to Lou Saban. He did coach the Bills to back-to-back AFL championships in 64 and 65. No other coach in Bills history has won it all.

On 1/9/2024 at 12:21 PM, Gregg said:

Before my time but it would have to go to Lou Saban. He did coach the Bills to back-to-back AFL championships in 64 and 65. No other coach in Bills history has won it all.

Lou also returned and focused on getting the best out of the talented Orenthal James Simpson.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.