Does the Bills Fan Base Need to Cut Miller Some Slack?

Rich Stadium Original

7 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Not as much as fans want to think. He rushes like 2 yards up field, gets no where and stops.

Is that what’s happened every play?  Or just the times you’d like to rehash? 

6 minutes ago, Breakout Squad said:

He doesn’t look the same. 

Duh.   He’s 34 years old 13 months removed from a torn acl.  Did you really think that he would look the same at this point? 

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

So you’re holding a grudge against Von Miller because Brandon Beane extended him a ridiculous contract and Von didn’t reject it and ask for less?  Do you think he’s slacking and that’s why he isn’t back to being a dominant player?  

Oh yeah, and he’s not going to be making 120M.  

You’ll cut Tre slack, why?  He’s been getting 17M a year for the last THREE seasons while contributing next to nothing.  

Ftw- I don’t have a problem with any player that signs big money and gets hurt.  It’s not as if they wanted to get hurt.  It’s not as if they aren’t busting their tail every day to get back and play. 

I should probably stay away from this thread knowing how stupid some fans are.  

Now you’re right. You’re the only smart here. Keep defending the guy on his 3rd domestic violence allegation; has 3 tackles this year (lack of sacks is one thing but tackles is effort); and is making $20 million/ year. But a genius like you knows that guys who about to turn 35 tend to bounce back after a major injury and become great again. 

thank you for educating us with your wisdom. 

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

Is that what’s happened every play?  Or just the times you’d like to rehash? 

Duh.   He’s 34 years old 13 months removed from a torn acl.  Did you really think that he would look the same at this point? 

You’re so much smarter than us. Clearly he is making a huge impact on the defense. Dude is completely washed but suckers will keep defending him. He was so good 5 years ago!

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

I'm more upset about the allegations than his play.

Usually, a torn ACL takes time.  We saw it w/ Tre.  Players return, but they're not back to their normal selves for awhile - sometimes most of the season that they return in.

And he's improved since he first came back. Not dramatically, but he's playing better as time goes on.

But the allegations are rough.

• Like (+1) 1

IMO it's on Beane, you brought In an aging star and paid him like he was 28. 

Tragedy struck and he messed up his knee. Worst case scenario for both parties, Von doesn't feel great with what he is putting out and Beane isn't happy with what he's getting.

Sadly with the contract given you have no flexibility as an organization. 

At this point save face and make the best of it, but I can assure you neither side is "happy" about where things are at.

• Like (+1) 1

Very few players are productive the year after an ACL, we saw it with Tre, Tre was a shadow of himself last year and began to start regaining his form before his most recent injury.   I don't believe you'll see him make too many plays this year, I do believe next year he will be better but obviously nowhere near worth what he's going to cost us.    Very unfortunate injury, the worst possible outcome that could have come, happened.

9 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Now you’re right. You’re the only smart here. Keep defending the guy on his 3rd domestic violence allegation; has 3 tackles this year (lack of sacks is one thing but tackles is effort); and is making $20 million/ year. But a genius like you knows that guys who about to turn 35 tend to bounce back after a major injury and become great again. 

thank you for educating us with your wisdom. 

You’re so much smarter than us. Clearly he is making a huge impact on the defense. Dude is completely washed but suckers will keep defending him. He was so good 5 years ago!

You’re reading comprehension really sucks biscuit, but we’ve always known that.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

1 minute ago, Magox said:

Very few players are productive the year after an ACL, we saw it with Tre, Tre was a shadow of himself last year and began to start regaining his form before his most recent injury.   I don't believe you'll see him make too many plays this year, I do believe next year he will be better but obviously nowhere near worth what he's going to cost us.    Very unfortunate injury, the worst possible outcome that could have come, happened.

I defended Tre because corner is such a hard position and it takes about 2 years to make it back. Thats why it was heart breaking when he got hurt again because he was playing like himself again.

im not defending Von because of his allegations (even if he didn’t do “anything,” he’s a moron for staying with this person) and how many guys are bouncing back from that injury at 35? It’s blind faith based on nothing. 

I still get why we did it but it was always going to be a bad contract as he aged. I just wish he had a legit stud pass rusher. I can’t believe it’s been this hard to find one. 

Is this going to turn into the argument like we once had over Jadeveon Clowney a few years ago? In Clowney's case people were arguing about pressures and how he affected the game, even though he never showed up on the stat sheet (especially sack wise). Just like Jerry Hughes too, always being around the QB and never finishing the play. Excuses, and more excuses. Von has looked better the last couple of weeks, but no one needs to "cut him some slack" for anything. I've watched him run himself out of plays and be basically ineffective quite a bit. It is what it is. And unless he ends up suspended, we're stuck with him next year as well. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Breakout Squad said:

It was a comment on his performance. Duh 

Yes….. posted In a thread that isn’t asking you about his performance.  It’s asking you if he should be given some slack.  

That’s like answering “Von Miller went to Texas A&M”.  Cool sorry, the world

knows he’s not the same. 

No. Right now, he's of a wasted roster spot and hurts the team every time he takes a snap. Add in his latest round of off-the-field drama, and he'd be a cut candidate if not for his contract. 

General Manager Von Miller needs to tell 34-year-old Von Miller that it's time to sit out the rest of the season, rest up, and hope that by some miracle, he can play in 2024 at 75% of what he was before getting hurt.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

You’re reading comprehension really sucks biscuit, but we’ve always known that.  

Or you’re just saying dumb things like you always do. 

Just now, NewEra said:

Yes….. posted In a thread that isn’t asking you about his performance.  It’s asking you if he should be given some slack.  

That’s like answering “Von Miller went to Texas A&M”.  Cool sorry, the world

knows he’s not the same. 

You’re the only smart person in this thread!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

proof?? I honestly haven't noticed a single play hecwas doubled

Hope I'm wrong 

Proof?  lol.  Yeah man, let me waste my time scouring every snap he’s taken this year.  You can believe whatever you want.  Idc

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Or you’re just saying dumb things like you always do. 

You’re the only smart person in this thread!

If you say so

• Dislike 1

42 minutes ago, JJGauna said:

Opposing teams are still double teaming him, so he is making an impact regardless of his stats. Hopefully playoff Von comes up when we need him most.

Ha, ha. What? There is no reason to double-team Miller; a running back could easily wash him out of the play.  If Miller was double-teamed no one would be complaining 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.