Favourite stadia in the league ...

Bill Grundy

I was at War Memorial which was scary for a young kid. Highmark is great but tough to get around when concourses are full. Jacksonville’s stadium is pretty nondescript despite the pool shown on TV. The old Atlanta Dome was dark and reminded me of the Aud. The new Vikings stadium is beautiful; the concourses are like being in a mall or airport- roomy with lots of spots for flood and drink.  The open feel, natural light and Skol call at the beginning give it a lot of personality. I’ve toured Lambeau but not been for a game. The tour was great.  It’s on my bucket list with Notre Dame, Michigan and maybe Tennessee or Florida. 

I've been to numerous games @New England - pretty decent stadium but the fans are the worst. Took the Commuter Rail down this year - so much easier than dealing with traffic on Rt 1 - one way in one way out. I understand why Pat fans leave in the middle/end of the third. Traffic sucks.

The following four stadiums seem similar to New England but I like the fact that they are downtown and easily accessible by foot, car or metro.

Baltimore

Cincinnati

Pittsburgh

Tennessee

Didn't care for Tampa's Stadium. Fans were nice but the location sucks - sorta in the city but not within walking distance from hotels, downtown and no metro, etc. Getting out of there after the game and trying to score an Uber was impossible. We walked about about a mile towards the city (in a pretty sketchy area) when a random city bus stopped - saw us in our Bills jerseys - picked us up (not at a stop) - and it was filled with Bills fans.  

I really liked AT&T Stadium from an architectural POV... but I echo comments above - very quiet crowd, seats feel far from the field and easier to watch the game on the huge screen above... but who spends that much money on a stadium in the burbs (a lot like Transit Road) right next door to Walmart?

Been to MetLife a few times - sat in our corporate suite - which is nice but the stadium is generic. No thanks.

I went to both London games. Tottenham > Wembley Stadium... I also saw a soccer match at Tottenham last year... very cool game day experience.

I also went to a few Toronto games up at Rogers Centre (SkyDome). SkyDome sucks. I'm glad Ralph got his money but we only went because we got free tickets each time.

Stadiums I want to go to next:

Miami

Minneapolis

Philly 

Denver - I have always loved the design of this stadium...

Sofi - looks sick

Seattle (Last time I was in Seattle; I stayed downtown near the stadium in a really cool neighborhood. On game day - they close down the road leading to the stadium and the bars/restaurants were jammed pack with fans drinking/eating outside and jumping from bar to bar... it was nuts). 

Edited by BillStime
  • Like (+1) 3

I don't travel much and when I do, it's on weekdays primarily, so it is nice to get a list from the many traveling fans.

Jealous but appreciative!

I have fond memories of the old Kingdome in Seattle and Candlestick. I loved the infield dirt, wind, and blinding sun, but I was a kid.

I live near Denver. Broncos stadium is nice. I had tickets to the Bills game in Denver during COVID, but tickets were refunded as only about 5,000 fans were picked to attend. 

I’ve only been to 3 NFL stadiums in my lifetime:

— LA Coliseum, when I was 6 years old (wtf?!?  Thanks mom 😂).  Jets vs Raiders game.  Vince Young was QB for the Raiders.  Don’t remember too much about that experience, but we didn’t get stabbed or shot, so that’s good I guess.

— Ford Field, last Novemver for the Browns-Bills game.  Nice stadium.  Dome experience was kind of sterile but not bad.   The men’s bathrooms were still spotless at the end of the 3rd quarter (?!?!?!?). Expensive parking — paid $70 on Gratiot Street I think (about a 3 or 4 minute walk to the gates).

— The Ralph: Probably around 70 games since 1993.  Love it.  Glad the new stadium’s open-air, too.  Gonna be a sad day when the old gal shuts her doors.

Edited by RiotAct
  • Agree 1

I vote for Buffalo Bills original capacity Rich Stadium before owner Ralph Wilson ruined Rich Stadium dividing the fans with the club seating reducing the 80,000 plus capacity. When the Buffalo Bills had the “Buffalo Talking Proud” Chuck Knox Bills era I went to games with a full 80,000 plus stadium before the 1999 Rich Stadium renovations reduced the seating capacity and divided the fans more and more by haves and have nots. The Buffalo Bills are going to do that even more when the Bills move to the new reduced 62,000 seat Highmark Stadium. Hope I am wrong but Buffalo Sabres Key Bank Center potential like changes are coming for the Buffalo Bills in 2026 and we saw how that worked out for the Sabres attendance and interest. Overpriced Sabres tickets poor entertainment product both on the ice product and game presentations in a sterile boring corporate arena environment equals few Sabres fans. I hope that doesn’t happen to the Buffalo Bills because the Bills could have the greatest tailgate experience but it isn’t going to fix expensive sterile boring corporate stadium environment when you are actually watching a football game inside the stadium in my opinion. Go Bills! Go Sabres! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Out of existing venues, I've only been to:

Buffalo

Washington

Baltimore

Dallas

Houston 

Everywhere else I've been has been replaced or the team relocated. So out of this tiny group, "Jerry World" was definitely the best stadium I've been to, and it's crazy to see how much they got compared to what was spent (even accounting for inflation). 

Houston surprised me the most. I never hear anything about it, but it was actually pretty impressive. Even without a full house, it was way louder than I imagined it would be, too. Worst stadium was definitely FedEx Field. I never experienced the terrible stuff I often see online, but it still wasn't good.

Of the current Stadia, Highmark/Ralph/New Era/Rich etc I've attended the most (and I live downstate in Westchester- Usually attend at least 1 game per year)

For all it's warts I'll will be sad to see it go.

Met Life- Awful in my view. Sterile, ulgy, really tall. Liked Giants Stadium a whole lot more which was more like the old Arrowhead...total greed was only reason to replace. 

Lambeau once. Saw Bills get shut out there in Josh's rookie season. Epic weekend experience and a must for any Lifer FB Fan. Tour, Museum, Welcoming fans, and still a bit neighborhoody like Orchard Park although the Titletown thing is changing that somewhat.

Jerry World 4 times (Daughter unfortunately a fan, we do Dad-Daughter trips) Obnoxiously big and actually pretty difficult to move around within..the Concourses are labrynth like and traversing the stadium inside can be confusing. Lots of changing levels just to move any distance IMO. For a dome you'd think it would be louder. IMO (and I'm biased) Buffalo MUCH louder and more hostile to visiting teams.

Also parked in the middle of the Sun Belt Hellscape between Dalls and Ft Worth (if you go to a game there..stay in Ft Worth. Actually very enjoyable compared to big D IMO). 

Seattle- Once-Loud as hell. As new Bills venue looks to have a roof covering most of seats leaving field open, it looks similar and would think it will hold in the noise.  

Of the long gone places, Old Soldier Field (Historic and imposing) , Philly (Dump), Meadowlands, Shea many times (Talk about Cold) and my Dad took me to last Giant game at Yankee Stadium so I could see it.

3 hours ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

I vote for Buffalo Bills original capacity Rich Stadium before owner Ralph Wilson ruined Rich Stadium dividing the fans with the club seating reducing the 80,000 plus capacity. When the Buffalo Bills had the “Buffalo Talking Proud” Chuck Knox Bills era I went to games with a full 80,000 plus stadium before the 1999 Rich Stadium renovations reduced the seating capacity and divided the fans more and more by haves and have nots. The Buffalo Bills are going to do that even more when the Bills move to the new reduced 62,000 seat Highmark Stadium. Hope I am wrong but Buffalo Sabres Key Bank Center potential like changes are coming for the Buffalo Bills in 2026 and we saw how that worked out for the Sabres attendance and interest. Overpriced Sabres tickets poor entertainment product both on the ice product and game presentations in a sterile boring corporate arena environment equals few Sabres fans. I hope that doesn’t happen to the Buffalo Bills because the Bills could have the greatest tailgate experience but it isn’t going to fix expensive sterile boring corporate stadium environment when you are actually watching a football game inside the stadium in my opinion. Go Bills! Go Sabres! Let’s Go Buffalo 

That's all you had to write but I always enjoy your strange rants against Ralph and the Pegula's.

Been to seven NFL venues. 
What stood out is the lack of college feel. OP might recognize as soccer songs. I’m accustomed to Bills home game.

Other NFL venues often pipe out stupidly loud, poorly timed music. Fans get effectively “cut off” from building group energy. Commander's game this year, crowd couldn’t help the home team because the music cut them off. 

Sure, concourses are all better than BUF. But, I have been shocked at atmosphere bland.

Like going to an indoor movie (IND DC DET MIA) vs. U2 outdoor rainy summer concert (BUF GB). Both venue types are technically entertainment but the later is an exciting entire group experience. 

P.S. my 20s yr old kids love BUF and thought DET sucked but they do now understand why I brought them only to quiet preseason games as youth! 

Edited by Since1981
  • Like (+1) 1

I've been to about seven or so stadiums over the years. My favorite is the new Raiders stadium. I have season tickets there, since my family moved there several years ago. I commuted from so-Cal for two years and now commute from nor-Cal. Allegiant is comfortable. There are never issues with violence or over the top behavior. The bathroom lines move really fast. They have a super quick AI beer/seltzer line, and they serve wine and hard liquor throughout the stadium. 

I went to the Bills vs Dolphins game earlier this year and I forgot that Rich Stadium does not serve hard liquor. That was a surprise.  

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

(BUF) isn’t going to fix expensive sterile boring corporate stadium environment

Eek. Dude. You really sound like a grumpy old man, stuck in 1980s. BUF is about as NOT-sterile or corporate as stadiums can get. Have you pee’d at BUF since 1982? Or been to other NFL stadiums??

Edited by Since1981

1 hour ago, leonbus23 said:

I've been to about seven or so stadiums over the years. My favorite is the new Raiders stadium. I have season tickets there, since my family moved there several years ago. I commuted from so-Cal for two years and now commute from nor-Cal. Allegiant is comfortable. There are never issues with violence or over the top behavior. The bathroom lines move really fast. They have a super quick AI beer/seltzer line, and they serve wine and hard liquor throughout the stadium. 

I went to the Bills vs Dolphins game earlier this year and I forgot that Rich Stadium does not serve hard liquor. That was a surprise.  

That's probably for the best in Buffalo 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Since1981 said:

Eek. Dude. You really sound like a grumpy old man, stuck in 1980s. BUF is about as NOT-sterile or corporate as stadiums can get. Have you pee’d at BUF since 1982? Or been to other NFL stadiums??

I am a grumpy old man but I never said any of that.  Maybe edit the post so I don't sound like a lunatic.

20 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

The stadium is stunning but the over the top pumped in fake noise makes it a bad experience. 

I’ve never been to SoFi, but I’ve seen some things in pictures I don’t love. I’m not a fan of on field shadows caused by the Jumbotron. The transparent roof is spectacular for natural light, avoiding the cave like dome atmosphere, but the Jumbotron shadows look annoying for 1pm games. Maybe it’s not as bad in person, and maybe it doesn’t bother most people, but I’d find that obnoxious. 

1 hour ago, SirAndrew said:

I’ve never been to SoFi, but I’ve seen some things in pictures I don’t love. I’m not a fan of on field shadows caused by the Jumbotron. The transparent roof is spectacular for natural light, avoiding the cave like dome atmosphere, but the Jumbotron shadows look annoying for 1pm games. Maybe it’s not as bad in person, and maybe it doesn’t bother most people, but I’d find that obnoxious. 

You don’t notice the oculus shadows when you’re there. Minnesota was actually worse in that regard because of the many trusses that support the roof but with that said the Vikings stadium is still awesome.

Riverfront Stadium(late 70’s)

Joe Robbie/Hard Rock/etc(3 times)

Raymond James

Jacksonville(2 times)

Cleveland(current stadium)

Kansas City

Oakland(by far the biggest dump)

Indy(RCA Dome)

Dallas - Jerry World

Nashville(best away game trip)

I would say the current version of Miami’s stadium with canopy is the best of the lot that I have visited. 

20 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

That's probably for the best in Buffalo 

That was my assumption. Saving the fans from themselves. 

I should have mentioned how much fun I had with old friends from West Seneca at the tailgate. The Bills tailgate is phenomenal. It is a part of gameday experience in OP that is completely lame at Allegiant. I was pretty wasted by the time I entered Rich Stadium (it will always be Rich Stadium to me, btw). So, beer was a good choice at that point. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

16 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

Riverfront Stadium(late 70’s)

Joe Robbie/Hard Rock/etc(3 times)

Raymond James

Jacksonville(2 times)

Cleveland(current stadium)

Kansas City

Oakland(by far the biggest dump)

Indy(RCA Dome)

Dallas - Jerry World

Nashville(best away game trip)

I would say the current version of Miami’s stadium with canopy is the best of the lot that I have visited. 

I know it's off topic, but I went to several Oakland A's games this year and had a lot of fun. They call the Coliseum, the only dive bar left in MLB.

They have $10 tickets and huge pours on drinks in a section called the Tree House. One Friday night this season they did a Jerry Garcia night with a pregame concert, a free Jerry A's tee, and during the game, non-stop Dead music on the dance floor at the Tree House. People smoked in the open and danced the during the whole game. Yeah, the stadium is a dump and the neighborhood is beyond dangerous, especially at night. But it can be a lot of fun, and I don't think anything like it exists in any major sport anymore. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.