Around the League Week 16

PetermansRedemption

44 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I think the Bills/Pats game is more likely to go the way of the Raiders & Redskins games then the Giants or Chargers games.

Probably,  Like I said if Baremore runs wild in the backfield it could be a game changer.. the difference is the Pats secondary is beyond bad now… I think only Jonathan Jones is left of the starters from week 1 and he is best in the slot.  Add in the best WR Bourne is out and there is a very good chance Henry misses the game. So basically on O you have Pop Douglas and Zeke to stop.. 

There are so many unknowns with this Bill's team this year. I keep expecting the offense to finally become more balanced. Two weeks ago, it was lopsided with the run game. This past weekend it was much more the pass and a big game for Gabe. I am looking for that never knowing what's coming next, pass, run, play action. How about a deep shot to a TE for a change?

The thing that I notice about our new OC is he seems pretty good at going with who's hot. What I'm hoping for is a blend of play calls that put a defense on their heels so much that they can't figure out what's coming next. The offense still seems predictable. He's only been at the job 2 weeks, so hoping to see some new wrinkles emerge.

Is it me or did we do a lot less presnap motion this weekend? I'm getting the impression that some things are happening in the offensive meetings and on the practice field. Like, I think Diggs was going to be utilized more against the Chargers but hurt his neck early in the game. Fortunately, Gabe became the guy and that wrinkle caught the Chargers off guard.

To me, it just seems the Bills need to keep mixing things up. If one receiver isn't working, try another. A TE, a RB or a WR. As long as the defense can't guess ahead of time, the Bills win.

Of course, I have zero knowledge of what is happening behind the scenes at One Bill's Drive, so all of this is just armchair speculation. What I would give to be a fly on the wall in those meetings right now.

If this week has taught GDT posters anything, it is, watch the game no matter who is playing who, and wait for the end of the game to see who wins.

I know, what a novel idea, but in a world of talking heads, hot takes, betting, fantasy football, stat mining and Madden football we all have to

remind ourselves of that.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

Sorry, stupid question. But since there’s zero chance of the Broncos winning the division, do we even care if KC loses today? 

Yes.  If you have hope for a Bills AFCE division title.  Bills could seed #2 and KC #3.

Edited by ColoradoBills
  • Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Gman10 said:

What is Raven's lose tomorrow, beat Miami, then we beat Pats and Miami? And Chiefs win out?

1. Ravens 2. Chiefs 3. Bills?

Are we saying Ravens win in week 18? If so, then...

1) Ravens 13-4

2) Chiefs 12-5

3) Bills 11-6 (ahead of Dolphins on head to head)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.